Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Well at least I rescued the day somewhat by walking home from site (5.5km walk, takes me an hour). And I did manage to avoid the dessert table after dinner...

Way to go, Fanny. Although having seen the snake pics you have posted, I would either be walking REALLLLLLY slow so that I didn't scare one, or running so fast my legs wouldn't touch the ground (I wish!).

Way to go, Fanny. Although having seen the snake pics you have posted, I would either be walking REALLLLLLY slow so that I didn't scare one, or running so fast my legs wouldn't touch the ground (I wish!).

I laughed out loud on this one! :unsure:

Let's see if I can attach a couple of pics of Dakota. The "before" is DD's first Easter, she was about 10/11 months. The "after" is actually the summer before the other pic, when DD was a couple of months old and Dakota's fur had grown out a couple of months. DD is going to be 3 next month so these are a couple of years old.

Your DD is so pretty.

very sweet pic of puppy & dd heartfire.....

drive by post question - if your in the grocery store & the person in front of you has a bootie on, how many times do you think bumping your cart up on HER foot to get closer to the register do you get before she is restrained by dh from throwing a carton of milk at them???

ahhhh breath..., actually get a real cast on tomorrow because i can't sit still. just hope my ass doesn't spread.

drive by post question - if your in the grocery store & the person in front of you has a bootie on, how many times do you think bumping your cart up on HER foot to get closer to the register do you get before she is restrained by dh from throwing a carton of milk at them???

ahhhh breath..., actually get a real cast on tomorrow because i can't sit still. just hope my ass doesn't spread.

I might have let the first "bump" slide. After that, all bets would have been off.

Once, if they were lucky. I think I posted about when I had my foot surgery and was wearing my surgical boot at the grocery store and the ladies kids were running wild all over the place with carts and one of them ran right over my foot. When I let out a painful sound and requested they be a bit careful, the mother told me it was my fault for wearing that kind of shoe in a grocery store. Never mind it being her fault for not having her kids under control.

Here let me HELP your ankle feel like MINE!!!!15_1_71.gif

Do you think they would have understood that LULU? That is probably what I would have said after the second bump (first would have been a freebie):blink: AHHH but you said DH restrained you. Maybe for the better. Na.......:drool:

Once, if they were lucky. I think I posted about when I had my foot surgery and was wearing my surgical boot at the grocery store and the ladies kids were running wild all over the place with carts and one of them ran right over my foot. When I let out a painful sound and requested they be a bit careful, the mother told me it was my fault for wearing that kind of shoe in a grocery store. Never mind it being her fault for not having her kids under control.

i do remember susan.

she was *texting*, and i let the first one slide - then it happened again and i shoved her cart, didn't flinch. the third time i picked up my 2% milk and DH grabbed my arm and she finally looked up.

i get she wasn't looking down & paying attention, but goodness i know when i bump into someone. just in a pissy mood and i wanted to hurl some milk....

your sweet g4e

Your DD is so pretty.

I agree; she's adorable! Both the dog and the daughter have lotsa hair! I'm jealous.

I might have let the first "bump" slide. After that, all bets would have been off.

Amen. They would've gotten a "go to hell" look for me that would've singed (sp) her eyebrows. Had that not worked, I would've said (loudly), "since you are in SUCH a big hurry, why don't you go in front of me instead of hitting my injured ankle/foot/leg?!?"

OMG :drool: When I broke both my legs in 1993, I was lucky enough to have had a great experience save one old woman who said, "wow, you're really a klutz." Hmm, thanks mamaw.

Heartfire--I had a friend who had a full blooded chow, Teaso, who tried to go under a barbed wire fence, and ripped his head open. She rushed him to the vet bleeding everywhere--and they shaved his head, so they could stitch him up. So here is this chow chow with 8 inch FULL thick hair everywhere except the top of his head, between his ears. It was the goofiest looking animal I had ever seen! He was so ashamed, he would hid his head under the ottoman in the LR!! Hadn't thought about that in years! Thanks for the laughs!!!

I would have knocked the lady into the aisle the second time she rammed my sore foot. I would have shoved her basket so damned hard!!! My DH restrains me, or leaves when he knows restraint is not gonna happen. Usually that is only verbal disagreements....he slowly walks away!!! LOL

Well......time to shower, and let DH bid on some things---I do not want to go get the lap top out of my car!! LOL----so lazy!!!

I too sabotage myself----when y'all figure it out, let me know how to stop!!!

Glad you are up and around again Susan!!

i do remember susan.

she was *texting*, and i let the first one slide - then it happened again and i shoved her cart, didn't flinch. the third time i picked up my 2% milk and DH grabbed my arm and she finally looked up.

i get she wasn't looking down & paying attention, but goodness i know when i bump into someone. just in a pissy mood and i wanted to hurl some milk....

your sweet g4e

Well, if it had been a lady (and MY injured foot) I would have politely asked her to please refrain from hitting my injured foot with her cart. If it had been a dude, I would politely have said "2 bumps with your cart are free. The next one means one of us is leaving with a wupped ass"......then I would have screamed like a schoolgirl and done that wild slappy thing that fighting chicks do.

:blink: And, where have you been? (Need I ask... Mob wars?)

Actually I did technology free weekend starting Thursday evening. It was great and I really needed to do it because it helped me break the strangle hold of FB addiction. It still has a hold, but it's not strangling me so much. :drool:

Susan - glad to hear the health issues are starting to get diagnosed properly and treatment plan going into action.

I really don't have a good answer for you, fanny, but I'll tell you this: You're not alone. I figured out a while ago that I'm way more a "reward" eater than a "stress" or "depression" eater.

I'm definitely a "reward" eater. Lately, I've been on a chocolate kick with the consequence of complete stall on the weight loss. *sigh*

Thanks, y'all. Dakota's a great dog. Surprising really, considering her beginnings.

DH was working at a fire station, literally out in the middle of nowhere. There are thousand + acre ranches out there and an asbestos field and that's it. For miles. The station has a helicopter and 2 engines so there is a crew of 17 on duty on any given day. The helo pilots go home at night if they live close enough b/c they can't fly after dusk.

One AM the pilot was coming in to the station and he sees this dog running along side the road. He's a sucker for critters. He stops the truck and barely gets the door open and the dog is in the truck, on the seat, waiting for him to continue on! LOL!

So she's staying at the station and everyone who works there is trying to figure out if they can take her home. The whole time the dog is at the station, DH is talking about her. What a great dog she is, how so and so thought they could take her home but can't, etc. We already had a dog but had sort of started talking about finding another one. I finally told DH that if NO ONE ELSE could take her and he thought she and CheyAnne would get along, then he could bring her home.

One Saturday AM I get a call. DH is on his way home and I need to go down to the feed store and buy a collar and another leash and food bowl! LOL! Who's the sucker? DH had the dog in the truck with him!

She'd been at the station for 2 weeks, being WELL fed. When she got home, I could still see her ribs! Y'all saw how much fur she has! We know she's been beaten and with a belt or rope or something, even 9 years later, if DH takes his belt off too fast and it swings, she ducks! Vet figured she was about a year old when we got her. She's about 10 now.

Michelle, I love seeing really fluffy dogs before and after they are shaved down. They look like tiny little versions of themselves. And a very cute pup you have there.

Thank you! She always looks like a puppy to me afterwards! She kinda acts like one too! LOL!

Well at least I rescued the day somewhat by walking home from site (5.5km walk, takes me an hour). And I did manage to avoid the dessert table after dinner...

WTG Fanny!!

Your DD is so pretty.

Thank you!

Thank you. I totally would've said something after the 2nd bump while I SHOVED her cart backwards! Sorry about it needing to be casted!

Oh. My. Gosh!!!!!!

Heartfire--I had a friend who had a full blooded chow, Teaso, who tried to go under a barbed wire fence, and ripped his head open. She rushed him to the vet bleeding everywhere--and they shaved his head, so they could stitch him up. So here is this chow chow with 8 inch FULL thick hair everywhere except the top of his head, between his ears. It was the goofiest looking animal I had ever seen! He was so ashamed, he would hid his head under the ottoman in the LR!! Hadn't thought about that in years! Thanks for the laughs!!!

You're welcome! LOL! Poor thing! He must've been horrified! The first time we shaved CheyAnne, she was so embarrassed! She hid til she realized she actually FELT better in the heat! LOL! After that she was golden! She was a great dog too. A rescue from the ASPCA.

then I would have screamed like a schoolgirl and done that wild slappy thing that fighting chicks do.

You are such a goof! (And I mean that in a good way!)

Actually I did technology free weekend starting Thursday evening. It was great and I really needed to do it because it helped me break the strangle hold of FB addiction. It still has a hold, but it's not strangling me so much. :biggrin:

I'm definitely a "reward" eater. Lately, I've been on a chocolate kick with the consequence of complete stall on the weight loss. *sigh*

Good for you!

I've been bugged about NOT being on FB and I'm so afraid to start. I'm still resisting, so far, so good!

Sorry about the chocolate/stall. It's so hard sometimes. I still think the head part is the hardest part of the surgery! Compared to the head issues, the rest was/is a breeze!!

Okay, here's DD at the beginning of Dec. That's DH. We were at the tree farm to pick our Christmas tree. That's the tree we chose btw.

post-232070-13813138365512_thumb.jpg