Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I'm a weather junkie too.

Weather junkie? I live through too much of it to want to keep files on it (although I do have a few pics of the snow, but those are to send to relatives in California, UK etc who cannot imagine it).

I cry over everything. Even some advertisements make me cry.

Nope, my eyes are dry! I can remember when in high school we watched Gone with the Wind after reading the text, and there were girls weeping, and even a few men. Me? I was saying...get over it honey! It's only a man!

So you're saying you don't have it anymore, or you don't use it anymore? If it's the latter, is it possible it holds any super powers at all?

Well, I still have it, but I don't think any super-powers are woven within the fabric.

* taps - i want your cape, rather i need it - does it come w/out a klutz factor?

* my ankle - pic attached, proof i'm turning into my mother every day not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.....hairline fracture & i got out of running w/my trainer this AM.....happy pills - i'm bored; will be a silly poster today:)

* oh and i really was overdo for a pedi:)

So sorry about your foot - although I would so that intentionally if someone told me I was supposed to go running!!

Try Kat's treatment, stay off of it until tomorrow when DH leaves.

I couldn't run from here to my mailbox if Godzilla himself was after me. :tongue_smilie:

I can relate!!!

my 90lb lab wanted to get friendly w/a little kitten. he and the rest of my body fell on my ankle.

I so understand the lab wanting to play with kittens thing, and can well imagine the chaos if the kitten and/or owners weren't happy about it....

He is now 84 years old, and still working hard. He is my pet/stock discount! My fees for his taking care of our horses and cattle as needed range from lasagna to brownies----he appreciates it all! I do have a niece in college still doing basics and pre req's but planning on becoming a vet....it is my only hope, someday Rex will not be able to come when I holler. That will be sadder in MANY ways than simply paying a vet.

Well, I did something I said I was not going to do! I am going back to work. I start Monday. doing the lab work, which is something I really enjoy. The pay is good, and maybe it will keep me away from the fridge for those hours each day too!!!

[/b]

Sounds like Rex is a sweetie - and yes, that day will be a hard one!

Good luck going back to work; if it is something you enjoy that makes all the difference! But as for not eating during those hours, there's always after work.........

Taking a small afternoon break; think I've caught up. Hope everyone is enjoying this day - I have dared to put the windows up a few inches - it is after all above freezing! (barely)

Tap, it's funny that you mention it being above freezing there. We are in the mid 60s today. It feels like summertime for the moment (at least until the rain comes back this evening). I don't know how you live in that cold. brrrrrr.

re:bad animal experience. I don't know that I have had my own bad experience with animals. I just remember being forced to touch animals whenever I was afraid. That didn't help. Then, after DS was mauled by MIL's former dog, I haven't wanted to be near bigger animals. That is also when DS developed his fear of dogs. He seems to be getting over it now (thank goodness), but me? Not so much.

It had me dancing in my seat! That was fun.

I'm not related to you, but I'll go if your paying for it! LOL

I should have been a vet. I love animals. Even some of the dumb human kind:tongue_smilie:

The Brits are a gas. My mum was a Brit and, boy, did she have a sense of fun!

. It is kind of like my fear of heights. I could do heights as a child, but now...No way.

Slim, I can't do heights anymore either. As a kid I would jump off the hay loft onto the hay below, now I get nervous on a step stool.:ohmy:

So I start Monday.

Kat good luck on your new job.:tongue_smilie:

Luluc...sorry about the ankle. My middle DD broke her ankle walking across the road. Stepped on a rock and twisted and snap! She was in a walking boot for 10 weeks. They thought that they would have to do surgery because it didn't want to heal. Finally it did heal. Just take it easy and stay off of it for a couple of days. If you have any crutches use them.15_1_71.gif 15_4_122.gif

I almost spilled my coffee on that post!! Super woman....HARDLY...although I did used to have a cape!

I think you are lying. Because I found this pic and I'm sure that's you:

MyHero on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I can remember when in high school we watched Gone with the Wind after reading the text, and there were girls weeping, and even a few men. Me? I was saying...get over it honey! It's only a man!

I was laughing hysterically.

Wow really? I cry over anything! I even cried when Odie was taken away in an old Garfield cartoon...

I am like you Diva, I cry over everything. Even some advertisements make me cry. My kids laugh at me until I catch them crying. Then it is the old saying of "I have something in my eye" routine.:tongue_smilie: yea right!

Okay, I'm sharing this with ya'll but I'm not proud. I just cried at watching Mylie Cyrus cry when winning the Kid's Choice Award for something.

1 - I'm PMSing, and

2 - I'm sick with a head cold

But, despite 1&2, I still cry like a baby over other stuff. Usually not Mylie F'ing Cyrus, but yeah - Ms. Waterworks here.

Well, I did something I said I was not going to do! I am going back to work. My DH is in the oilfield related work sector, and lay offs are abounding! Locally his company is working non stop, they literally do not have enough employees to do the work because of the layoffs. But the lay offs are ordered globally---it is a worldwide company. So when profits go down, and there is not enough $$$ left after paying all the wheels their bonus money---they order an across the board cut of force----this was a 7% cut. So now that they are short here, they are bringing in crews from other places to do the work, because you know that is SO cost effective! Pay them their wages, per diem, and put them up in a motel......rather than keep local, experienced hands. No damn wonder the company is not making profit! Idiots I swear!

Kat - Good luck to you in your new job! Your DH's place sounds like ours. Global layoffs, same sort of deal with the field ops. It's so stupid.

And, now it's been announced that we're going from division to one big corporate family. SO looking forward to that...no division can get anything right and now we're combining?

GREAT...

It seems somehow when I wasn't looking I became a size six.

Since I had my first kid, I find myself tearing over the weirdest stuff... I'll be thinking in my head "that's so corny" but I'll get a catch in my voice and my eyes will get moist. It's very weird.

It also happens over anything I'm the least bit emotional about. So I'm explaining to Mini-Mac who Rosa Parks is and I can't continue because I'm all choked up.

I am on the other side of the state today for the girl child's dance competition. It's supposed to effing snow. WTF is that?

It's because you live in the armpit of hell. I lived there for the first 13 years of my life. Never again.

Wow, a lot to catch up on.

Morning all.

I saw Les Miserables last night for the first time - IT WAS GREAT. A friend at work had an extra ticket (she and hubby have season tickets and he went fishing - ha) So, she and I had a little date night. :w00t:

DH and I saw it a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend Phantom of the Opera; it's a bit more dramatic and I think your DD will enjoy it as well.

my ankle - pic attached, proof i'm turning into my mother every day not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.....hairline fracture & i got out of running w/my trainer this AM.....happy pills - i'm bored; will be a silly poster today:)

Ouch, that looks like it hurts!

Tap, it's funny that you mention it being above freezing there. We are in the mid 60s today. It feels like summertime for the moment (at least until the rain comes back this evening). I don't know how you live in that cold. brrrrrr.

It dropped to mid 60s here today and it was chilly!

It seems somehow when I wasn't looking I became a size six.

WTG! :tongue_smilie::w00t::ohmy:

As for being bored, I never get bored when I'm left to my own devices. I enjoy piddling when there isn't anything particular to do. Hell, I enjoy piddling even when there is something else I'm supposed to do. When I'm stuck in one of those GOD AWFUL meetings at work or even worse--a teleconference, that's a different story. My mind just wanders and I start tuning people out. It's kind of like those Charlie Brown toons where all the adult voices are just "bwa bwa bwa bwa..."

Kat, congrats on the new job. Sounds like you'll enjoy it and it's a good idea to be proactive in today's economy.

It's because you live in the armpit of hell. I lived there for the first 13 years of my life. Never again.

I would think the armpit of hell would have a temperature much warmer than 15. I swear if I have to drive home in a snow storm at the end of March I am gonna be pissed.