Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

So the death toll for the Victorian fires has risen to 173. Its just awful. Whole towns have been wiped out before the locals could leave, the fire is spreading THAT fast. Its so sad. We are a fair way from them, but we've had a cool change in the weather today, so here's to hoping the lower temps will allow the firey's to get in there and get them under control.

You know the worst thing of all though? They suspect that the fires were lit on purpose by an arsonist. What kind of person can do something like that? Something that has affected so many families and communities?

If anyone wants to donate money to the appeal for the victims, you can go here Australian Red Cross

Yes I did! I accepted all the ones I had, ah swears it! I did it last weekend and accepted about 4-5 of them, including yours -- BOTH of yours... lol *pout*

Nuh Uh. You are not a member of mob. Were you hitting that wine again? :lol: Seriously, you are not a member of my mob so something must have gone wrong. I sent you a new request so go accept away...

So the death toll for the Victorian fires has risen to 173. Its just awful. Whole towns have been wiped out before the locals could leave, the fire is spreading THAT fast. Its so sad. We are a fair way from them, but we've had a cool change in the weather today, so here's to hoping the lower temps will allow the firey's to get in there and get them under control.

You know the worst thing of all though? They suspect that the fires were lit on purpose by an arsonist. What kind of person can do something like that? Something that has affected so many families and communities?

If anyone wants to donate money to the appeal for the victims, you can go here Australian Red Cross

OMG, I did not realize there were so many fatalities. I'm sorry for sounding so flip about it earlier. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect by it.

OMG, I did not realize there were so many fatalities. I'm sorry for sounding so flip about it earlier. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect by it.

Its ok, your comment was true in a way--we live in a very volatile country of extremes when it comes to natural disasters :lol:

i saw your PM this morning on the news who called the fires nothing short of mass murder....i hope you all are safe!!

DH has a sales/eng team not far from there and he was working w/his company to relocate them in a safe place.

i'll be thinking of ya!

what - you havent read from the beginning?? im sorry, we need your membership card back... :lol::)

I thought that went without saying? I spent a weekend months ago getting all caught up!

pjtp - i dont even remember posting about 3am feedings!! :tt2: tired, but i love every minute of it!!!

Aww sweet!!! Yesterday, I saw that your hub said something about J being 10 days old. I can't believe it's already been a week and a half!

i thought radiohead killed it w/the usc band playing along!

Ba! I ended up only watching an hour. I was shocked to hear about Chris Brown and Rihanna. I heard that Wrigley's has already pulled his commercials. :thumbup:

Facebook is addictive. I think I am going to pass on WOW. Between Facebook, LBT and AC I really don't have time for anything else. Plus, there are some really interesting twitter feeds that I am following that are almost like a soap opera and quite addictive as well. If you like the trashy romance novels and are on Twitter, follow secrettweet!!

Now don't tell me that! I'm already trying to keep up on FB and LBT! When I go through my reading spurts, I either read trashy romance novels or murder mysteries. Bad Susan!

re: your foot - I hope it gets better sooooon! I broke both of my ankles years and years ago so I understand how annoying being off your feet is. I empathize!

OMG I had not heard that it was so unbelievably high. I am so sorry; that's just awful.

OK, all you folks join my Mob or else I'll have Beth raid you! OK, I know I'm not even making any sense anymore.

Am I in your mob? More importantly, are you in mine???

Susan, what is AC?

I like looking at pictures on FB. I have pictures on FB and I like it that other people can look at the pictures, but other than that, I am not getting what the big attraction is. Is it the Wall? You can say things that everyone can see? Maybe it's more fun than sending out mass emails? I just don't get it. I must be lame.

AC is Android Community. It feeds my geeky phone passion.

As for Facebook, it is amazing reconnecting with friends from high school, former coworkers, relatives I don't see very often, etc. Have you clicked on the friend finder? You can search employers, high schools and you can have it check your email to see if anyone you email is on Facebook. I also like joining groups so I can talk to people that have similar interests to mine. Such as phone geeks, storm chasing, etc. Once you get to exploring, there is really a lot you can do there.

You're not the only one, trust me. I prefer WoW where I can kill stuff. :lol:

Beth, sometimes I am a little bit afraid of you. _cor_blimey__by_crula.gif

That is awful. I feel terrible for everyone there!

Now don't tell me that! I'm already trying to keep up on FB and LBT! When I go through my reading spurts, I either read trashy romance novels or murder mysteries. Bad Susan!

re: your foot - I hope it gets better sooooon! I broke both of my ankles years and years ago so I understand how annoying being off your feet is. I empathize!

Come on, SNT, you know you want to check it out.

So, I went for my post-op appointment today. I really thought I would be cleared to go back to work. I am soooo bored of sitting on my couch doing nothing. He changed the dressing, said I am healing well but there is still quite a bit of swelling. He said I am still restricted to staying off my feet, keeping my foot elevated at all times, icing it every hour and using my crutches until at least my next appointment. That isn't until a week from tomorrow! I may go stir crazy by then. I am going to have work fax me some of my stuff so I can at least not get too far behind. The worst part though, I missed the shoot-out and now I am going to miss the Daytona 500 this weekend too! He wouldn't clear me to go, I am so upset! I guess I am stuck watching it from my couch. Yes, I am once again having a self-pity party.

PJTP..... I turned 50 today. I'm not getting older I am getting better.

Happy_Birthday_by_Flennkeks.gif

Nuh Uh. You are not a member of mob. Were you hitting that wine again? :thumbup: Seriously, you are not a member of my mob so something must have gone wrong. I sent you a new request so go accept away...

No wine, just diet green tea with ginseng now. :lol:

In all honesty, the mob thing could have been operator error on my part. I haven't been on FB too much simply because to navigate it almost takes a picture map and pin chart. I'm somewhat savvy on most computer things, but FB, I think, is harder for me simply because of the overload of all the stuff.

It's really going up. I thought earlier today it was about 120-something. And I too heard about the suspected arson. I hope, if it's true, they throw the book at whoever did it.

WOOT! Happy Birthday! You, mah dear, are like a fine wine -- you get bettah with age. :lol:

Ah but see, if he abandons raids on a regualr basis he will not be asked to participate in them. And that would be tragic, ya know?

Yeah, a *total* tragedy. :lol:

OK, all you folks join my Mob or else I'll have Beth raid you! OK, I know I'm not even making any sense anymore.

I will join anyone's mob but will not actually do anything. So if you need the numbers, just ping me.

I like looking at pictures on FB. I have pictures on FB and I like it that other people can look at the pictures, but other than that, I am not getting what the big attraction is. Is it the Wall? You can say things that everyone can see? Maybe it's more fun than sending out mass emails? I just don't get it. I must be lame.

I am not addicted to but I do like that I can see what people I used to be really close to are up to. These are not people I would be sending regular emails to or Christmas cards or anything like that so without things like Facebook, they would just disappear from my life.

I go up about every two weeks and maybe comment on someone's status or look at pictures. But I don't do much else.

I'd friend all you guys but most of you have said you don't want people knowing you have a band and I am *really bad* about keeping track of that stuff. I know I would just end up accidentally outing people.

So only ask to be my friend if you don't care about that. For your own piece of mind.

Getting older is getting better. Better than the alternative, anyway. :thumbup:

Happy Birthday! Today's 50 is yesterday's 40.

I will join anyone's mob but will not actually do anything. So if you need the numbers, just ping me.

How do I ping you?