Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What am I doing wrong?

So.... I know about the dreaded stall but I’m worried that I will not continue to lose weight. This has been my previous problem with calorie restricted diets- the weight drops at first and then stops.

Here is a snap shot of what I’ve eaten today - I’m on regular food.

Total -730Image1524187084.432403.jpg calories

My Weight - over 350 pounds

How can I not lose weight on so few calories? On My 600 pound life in the hospital some of the patients eat a restricted 1200 calorie diet and lose 100 pounds laying in the bed. I move around everyday and workout 3x’s a week.

Now my mind is going in circles like it used to - should I stop exercising, do I need more calories? Or should I exercise more and eat only 500 calories? Ugh! I was really hoping not to have to deal with this BS after having surgery. I thought the “tool” would help with portion/calories and as long as I exercise and ate nutritious food the pounds would drop.

I’m hopeful that one day I’ll just come back here to say I was being impatient, but I’ve been trying to lose weight since I was a child, I’m tired!

Oh and ignore the time of day. I got tired of specifying when I ate the food in my Fitbit app. Hehehe

1 hour ago, charismatic said:

So.... I know about the dreaded stall but I’m worried that I will not continue to lose weight. This has been my previous problem with calorie restricted diets- the weight drops at first and then stops.

Here is a snap shot of what I’ve eaten today - I’m on regular food.

Total -730Image1524187084.432403.jpg calories

My Weight - over 350 pounds

How can I not lose weight on so few calories? On My 600 pound life in the hospital some of the patients eat a restricted 1200 calorie diet and lose 100 pounds laying in the bed. I move around everyday and workout 3x’s a week.

Now my mind is going in circles like it used to - should I stop exercising, do I need more calories? Or should I exercise more and eat only 500 calories? Ugh! I was really hoping not to have to deal with this BS after having surgery. I thought the “tool” would help with portion/calories and as long as I exercise and ate nutritious food the pounds would drop.

I’m hopeful that one day I’ll just come back here to say I was being impatient, but I’ve been trying to lose weight since I was a child, I’m tired!

The dreaded stall. It's normal to have plateaus and stalls. Hit your Protein goal, hydrate and activity/exercise. There is no magic in breaking a stall. It just takes time.

You will lose weight. Keep working your surgeons and dieticians instructions.

Read embrace the stall below.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/351046-embrace-the-stall/#comment-3952027

1 hour ago, charismatic said:

Oh and ignore the time of day. I got tired of specifying when I ate the food in my Fitbit app. Hehehe

Does your food log calculate your Protein carbs and fats for the day? I use myfitnesspal. I'm not familiar with your app.

One of the most useful things I read was the reminder that we didn't put our weight on--no matter how much we overate--on a daily basis. We aren't going to lose it that way, either. It can be frustrating when you know you are eating many fewer calories and not seeing a loss, but stalls are normal and will pass as long as you stick with the program. Some people suggest ways of changing up your routine--add more Water, more Protein, more exercise--but my experience is that if you wait, the stall will pass (eventually).

Good luck.

Does your food log calculate your Protein carbs and fats for the day? I use myfitnesspal. I'm not familiar with your app.

It calculates a percentage and then I have to add the actual protein numbers up.

I’m actually thinking about switching to the MFP app because I’ve heard good things about it.

12 minutes ago, charismatic said:

It calculates a percentage and then I have to add the actual Protein numbers up.

I’m actually thinking about switching to the MFP app because I’ve heard good things about it.

My fitness pal makes it easy for me. I hate math..lol

Here is a few links to help you out

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/android

tutorials on how to use the app.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=my+fitness+pal+tutorial

It calculates a percentage and then I have to add the actual Protein numbers up.

I use the bariastic app and I love it. Even if I'm not putting the food in the right category, it keeps up with my protein and on a separate are it shows how much of my intake was protein, carbs, and fat together in a pie chart. They also have bariatric surgery friendly recipes.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

14 minutes ago, johnsons13 said:

I use the bariastic app and I love it. Even if I'm not putting the food in the right category, it keeps up with my Protein and on a separate are it shows how much of my intake was protein, carbs, and fat together in a pie chart. They also have bariatric surgery friendly recipes.

I've heard good things about bariastic.

I'm old school I like MFP. It also does the pie chart, scans barcodes to add food, totals your exercise, has recipes, support forums and social media - Exercise log, tips and videos - challenges that you can win money for logging consistently. When you hit completed for the day. It says if every day was like today you would weigh...(gives you the number) I like that for motivation...

I've heard good things about bariastic.
I'm old school I like MFP. It also does the pie chart, scans barcodes to add food, totals your exercise, has recipes, support forums and social media - Exercise log, tips and videos - challenges that you can win money for logging consistently. When you hit completed for the day. It says if every day was like today you would weigh...(gives you the number) I like that for motivation...

The same with bariastic minus the money part. When I last used MFP, I never saw the incentives. I'll have to check that out again

2 hours ago, charismatic said:

’m hopeful that one day I’ll just come back here to say I was being impatient, but I’ve been trying to lose weight since I was a child, I’m tired!

Charismatic, since it looks like weight issues have been very long term i would guess that you have a very trashed metabolic system. You may have a persistent elevated Insulin level. If you do your body will not access its fat stores even when you cut calories it just shuts down and makes you drag ass instead.

Ask your doctor for an Insulin test - not a blood sugar test- a fasting insulin test.

also no eating after dinner and no late dinners. zero snacking -bring on the hate don't care -

use your evening and sleep time as a fast period to drive down blood sugar and with time to lower insulin levels.

you cannot burn fat if you have elevated insulin levels. you need 3-4 hours between meals to allow blood sugar to return to normal before spiking again. Snacks will just keep the level elevated and block fat burning.

get your hydration

cut all added sugar

no simple carbs - limits on complex

hit your Protein target as per your plan

get all your calories in 3 regular scheduled meals with nice gap between them.

see your doctor about that test

good luck i hope this stall passes quickly and you continue to do well