Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pooping is stressful!

7 minutes ago, myTime2Shine* said:

Omg! I’m glad this topic came up. I’m 3 days out and I have the same problem and I’m so scared to rip anything inside. I have a step stool I’m gonna try this see if it helps... I’m just glad I’m not the only one.

I use a step stool, works great! I wish i had used one during my first BM after surgery. I was so afraid I was going to damage something. That's why i said it's stressful! Lol

On 4/18/2018 at 9:41 PM, star2017 said:

To much info...maybe but hey with this type of surgery might as well put it all out there, I'm sure it won't be the last poop post! So I'm 9 days out. Haven't had BM since the day of surgery, called doc today he suggested doing a suppository....well that didn't take long to get things sliding! It wasn't pleasant...at all. I was afraid to push because i was afraid of straining too much. It was like having pregnancy contractions your body just pushes on its own. Seriously. I start freaking out thinking I'm going to create a leak trying to poop...i just wanted to **** and get off the pot! Ugh i think that endeavor was more stressful then surgery!

Yes, it is! I only go once every two days and it feels like I am going into labor. LOL!

Thankfully, I haven't had many issues in this area since the surgery. If I have a BM that's a little harder than usual though, I use my Squatty Potty. That thing really works!

I found the Kirkland brand stool softeners worked fairly well. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I had to cut my run short this morning and walk the last mile home with my cheeks clenched for dear life. Of course, I can go a few days without a BM and then it hits at the absolute worst time. Now, that was stressful! :)

Ok, ok! I am off to Amazon to buy a squatty potty lol

Ok so I just ordered one based on your review here.[emoji90] look out the squatty potty will be here tomorrow.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

So how much do you use?

I use Miralax too but most days nothing. I guess it's nothing in there to poop out.

6 hours ago, jjburton said:

Ok so I just ordered one based on your review here. look out the squatty potty will be here tomorrow.

I got mine in on Saturday. My verdict is still out on them. I used it once and wasn't sure if it helped or not. One thing that I am not crazy about is that they are bulky. According to my husband they get in the way when he uses the toilet to pee lol

Still hoping that I will end up loving them and singing their praises like others here do ;)

So I finally went, it was the most unbearable excruciating pain ever! 12 days after surgery, two days of taking Miralax and drinking Smooth Move tea. It was like trying to push a giant cement Boulder out. I remember being constipated after having my children but this was 10 times worse. I actually went and got a enema from CVS pharmacy & tried to give that to myself, I didn't have much luck with it, because it super difficult to do by yourself. But I'm glad no one was home to hear me scream and cry on the toilet that's how bad it was.

1 hour ago, irishmicmama said:

So I finally went, it was the most unbearable excruciating pain ever! 12 days after surgery, two days of taking MiraLAX and drinking Smooth Move tea. It was like trying to push a giant cement Boulder out. I remember being constipated after having my children but this was 10 times worse. I actually went and got a enema from CVS pharmacy & tried to give that to myself, I didn't have much luck with it, because it super difficult to do by yourself. But I'm glad no one was home to hear me scream and cry on the toilet that's how bad it was.

Oh wow! I am very sorry .... that is an extremely uncomfortable and even frightening experience.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, star2017 said:

To much info...maybe but hey with this type of surgery might as well put it all out there, I'm sure it won't be the last poop post! So I'm 9 days out. Haven't had BM since the day of surgery, called doc today he suggested doing a suppository....well that didn't take long to get things sliding! It wasn't pleasant...at all. I was afraid to push because i was afraid of straining too much. It was like having pregnancy contractions your body just pushes on its own. Seriously. I start freaking out thinking I'm going to create a leak trying to poop...i just wanted to **** and get off the pot! Ugh i think that endeavor was more stressful then surgery!

This reminds me of my experience after my hysterectomy. I was 8 days out and had not gone yet. I tried everything, suppositories, enemas, stool softeners, MOM...everything. My doc finally had me do a colon cleanse with mag citrate. I was never so happy to have diarrhea in my life.

I recommend the squatty potty stool on Amazon. It's saved me much head and heartache I so feel you on staying on the pot for too long...It blows