Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cool Beans!! Started my liquid diet today. It really doesn’t seem bad at all. So far I’ve had 3 Protein Shakes and 12 peace’s of asparagus. 2 more shakes to go. Planning to switch out the asparagus for something different everyday. Who else has started today?? Are you feeling hungry? What Protein shakes are you using. I’m using syntax nectar they taste pretty good.

@Drealeeanne should be having her surgery today, I remember seeing all things she was going to pack in her hospital bag. I hope she and all the other July30th baripals had good successful surgeries and are waking up, sipping and learning to handle their new tummies. With every day I get closer to mine, I love reading each account,it makes it so much more real for me. Good Luck and Good Healing to all, no matter,where you might be!💊😝🌈❤

2 hours ago, NYJenn said:
2 hours ago, Ylime said:

All -

I think I'm caught up on adding all the new members and dates to our list. The number of people that I moved over to the Completed tab is amazing!!

For the members listed below, I do not have a date listed for you. If your surgery has been scheduled and you'd like your date listed, please either tag me or quote me with your date and I'll get it updated!

@Auroragirl4489, @Brina1980, @DebSom54, @dutchamy, @HealthierBetterMe, @Ivy Joel, @jessicasz, @Jolexis, @Lauren26, @Love2Travel816, @newme1962, @NYJenn, @savannah_Lee, @TaylorMade4One, @zulayyinet4, @CKap10, @monies, @KRush88, @theresahyatt19

MEMBER LIST: tinyurl.com/SummerWLS

Mine was July 10th 😊

Got it!

So now that my time is getting closer I'm getting more anxious and worried about things.

I worry that I won't have the discipline to eat like I need to after the surgery and I'll ruin everything. I worry that something horrible will happen and I won't make it out of surgery, leaving my kids all alone, and devastate my mom on top of just losing my dad. (I know, morbid thoughts!)

I also worry about handling the comments about my weight loss at work since I won't be telling anyone. I haven't even told my boss yet that I am having a surgery since all this other stuff happened. I suppose I need to do that tomorrow.

I've very frustrated that I really want to pay for my surgery to get that weight off my chest but my surgeon's billing dept will not call me back!

I think I have a good handle on what I'll be eating for the first two weeks after surgery, but that third week has me anxious as I'll be back at work at that point. Need to do a lot of planning for that.

To top all this off my husband keeps saying he's not sure if he can get time off for the time I'm in the hospital. I think that's crap but he keeps saying he took all this time off for my dad's funeral and he just started a new job at his company last week. But whatever. My back up help was going to be my mom, but now she's going back to Illinois to be with her family for a few days and won't be back until the day after my surgery. I don't really need anyone to be in the hospital with me (although it would be nice), but I do need someone to get my kids to school so a little help would be nice.

UGH...I just think I'm under way too much stress right now!

So now that my time is getting closer I'm getting more anxious and worried about things.
I worry that I won't have the discipline to eat like I need to after the surgery and I'll ruin everything. I worry that something horrible will happen and I won't make it out of surgery, leaving my kids all alone, and devastate my mom on top of just losing my dad. (I know, morbid thoughts!)
I also worry about handling the comments about my weight loss at work since I won't be telling anyone. I haven't even told my boss yet that I am having a surgery since all this other stuff happened. I suppose I need to do that tomorrow.
I've very frustrated that I really want to pay for my surgery to get that weight off my chest but my surgeon's billing dept will not call me back!
I think I have a good handle on what I'll be eating for the first two weeks after surgery, but that third week has me anxious as I'll be back at work at that point. Need to do a lot of planning for that.
To top all this off my husband keeps saying he's not sure if he can get time off for the time I'm in the hospital. I think that's crap but he keeps saying he took all this time off for my dad's funeral and he just started a new job at his company last week. But whatever. My back up help was going to be my mom, but now she's going back to Illinois to be with her family for a few days and won't be back until the day after my surgery. I don't really need anyone to be in the hospital with me (although it would be nice), but I do need someone to get my kids to school so a little help would be nice.
You are going to be fine. It will all work out, you'll see. Chin up girl!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had my last appointment this morning which was the consultation with the dietitian and i'm all set. Just gonna have to wait for everything to go through insurance and with everything i've been reading here it seems like surgery will probably be set for september. Getting wisdom teeth removed as well so im sort of relieved that surgery is gonna be a bit after that.

On 07/30/2018 at 21:24, Ylime said:

My dear Emily, you have got this. Breathe! You will have the diet down because you wanted change and honestly, I don’t think you’re really going to crave the awful stuff too much. And I pray things work out with the pick up situation for your children. Are there any people close to you beside your family members that know about your surgery that can help with your kids?

29 minutes ago, Ylime said:

You are not alone in the anxiety. I plan on telling people I’m doing Keto once I start losing. Just take a second to remember why you’re doing this.

LuellaJean was today, mercmerc and Laura7 were July 25th and Brina1980 was May 14th. That's all I know right now.

I just had my surgery A week ago 😁 would love to find others who are going through this right now!!

1 hour ago, Ylime said:

As far as eating goes, that is the easy part (I know it doesn’t seem possible). You really won’t want much and you’ll literally have to force yourself to drink what you need to. I just started stage two today and got to have thinned grits and oatmeal, I literally took 5 bites and was full. Plus through out the day had to get all that Water and Protein. I was completely satisfied the entire day.

What helped for me during the Clear Liquids stage was popsicles, they have a sugar free tropical kind and anytime I wanted something I went for those. I couldn’t do broth at all, in anyway, I didn’t like it. Jello was ok, not what I would get excited about but those tropical popsicles saved me. You just have to find your thing.

Relax, take a deep breath and just think about where you’ll be in a year or even 6 months. Everything will work itself out, and you’ll be fine in surgery. I was shaking the day of surgery because I was so nervous but I just kept reminding myself why I’m doing and how much better my life will be.

Stay strong!!!

It wasn't Luella Jean It was Luzbella, who had surgery.Luella Jean is on August along with a bunch more. KcGirl061, kcoley, Snowmaker65, sairiejack, ladybosschick, all of these August6.

Good Morning All!

Congratulations and good luck to everyone that's on/heading to the Loser's Bench this week!

Day 2 of pre-op diet today. I'm full liquids, so that's 5 Protein Shakes, 50 calories of clear liquid, 1 cup of strained soup/yogurt/pudding.

I'm very tired and have a headache. I'm hoping the fog clears soon.

It will go away the headache and then you will feel great. Hang in there!

@Ylime my surgery is August 7th and I am questioning everything also, I am like, if I can do this pre diet, why don’t I just do that instead of surgery, why am I doing this surgery when I can just eat this way, then I say, well why didn’t you eat this way before, if this was what I should do. So then I tell my self, surgery. I am also fearing the actual surgery, blood clots, everything. So I think it’s normal if we both are experiencing the same thing.?

Edited by ttj3mom