Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 7/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, Kat0000 said:

Opps maybe not. Lol

lol August 13th, but that's basically the same as the 14th. We can still be twins. :)

On 7/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, Kat0000 said:

Wow, since my date got moved back As long as i counted correctly we are on the same day. AUGUST 14

Welcome btw and I've added your date to our member list!

MEMBER LIST: www.tinyurl.com/summerwls

On 7/10/2018 at 3:13 PM, Rick Z said:

Hi everyone! I’m scheduled for a bypass on August 6. Anyone else around that date?

Welcome Rick! I've added you to our member list as well!

1 hour ago, pumpkinlocks said:

Stewartstown PA

I've nevenever heard of that... hmmm

3 minutes ago, pumpkinlocks said:

It's near York PA

3 minutes ago, pumpkinlocks said:

It's near York PA

Oh ok, u are about 2.5-3 hrs away from me.

1 hour ago, Ylime said:

Welcome Rick! I've added you to our member list as well!

I don't know how to add to list my Gastric Bypass is scheduled July 18th

07/12/2018 04:55 PM, pumpkinlocks said:

I don't know how to add to list my Gastric Bypass is scheduled July 18th

Congrats and as soon as @Ylime sees it she will add you 😊

I just got my Surgery date August 29 I’m so jazzed. Finally it’s almost here. Started this process 1/14/18 down 25 pounds looking forward to my 2 weeks of liquid shakes. Let’s get this done so by Christmas we will be in wonder land. :)

2 hours ago, Ylime said:

lol August 13th, but that's basically the same as the 14th. We can still be twins. :)

Yay because i need all the support. I am a military wife, older one. Bought a house here but have not made friends. So this would be great.

Edited by Kat0000

I also in North Eastern Pa. Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre. Anybody close by??

1 minute ago, clsumrall said:

I just got my Surgery date August 29 I’m so jazzed. Finally it’s almost here. Started this process 1/14/18 down 25 pounds looking forward to my 2 weeks of liquid shakes. Let’s get this done so by Christmas we will be in wonder land. :)

Congratulations, Its a thrill to finally have a date of surgery. I started the process in mid Feb and will be sleeved on Aug 14th. I still have to do Admissions at the hospital and a preop appt but not to closer to date.

3 minutes ago, clsumrall said:

I also in North Eastern Pa. Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre. Anybody close by??

Stewartstown PA near York!

Aw some I’ll think of you having surgery when I start my liquid diet. You will be rockin it. Can’t wait to join you to get healthy and wise.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:54 PM, ALFxRNY said:
On 7/11/2018 at 8:14 PM, Lioness815 said:

I got my call to be there at 9:10 so we will be in surgery around the same time. :)

Definitely keep us posted and wishing you a speedy recovery!

One day post op. Few issues but it all worked out.

I was all prepped for my 11:40 surgery and my anesthesiologist said that since I hadn’t had my blood pressure meds he was going to order them for me to take with a smalle sip of Water.

I told them that my surgeon said that unless I could get up at 5am and take them that I should skip them this morning and I would get them later. But hey have it to me anyway.

My surgeon finished the surgery before me and came to see me. Her first question was... did they give you a pill?!

SMH. I told her what happened and that I told them my instructions from her. Although she told me not to worry and that I did nothing wrong, she came back after a stern chat with the anesthesiologist and nurses to tell me that my surgery got pushed and she would need to take the next person in line in order to give me four hours to digest the pill.

it was a little disappointing but mostly unfortunate for my family that was waiting around.

It all worked out fine, I went in at 2 pm instead but my advice to others is that you have to be willing to fight for yourself sometimes. Especially if you knew what your surgeon requested of you.

I’m in my room. Minor nausea yesterday when I stood up to go to rest room and to walk laps. They say it’s the morphine causing that. I threw up each time although there was nothing in my stomach so it was mostly heaving up saliva. But laying down I have a bit of trapped gas but nothing bad.

Hope others had good surgeries yesterday!