Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

22 hours ago, g.elisabeth said:
On 6/28/2018 at 8:10 PM, Trixie82 said:

Don't trust that feeling that you can drink as much as you want. My 3rd day after surgery I took a few extra sips of Water and almost hurled. Didn't actually puke but had that tons of spit run to the toilet moment. I'm a week out now and my "full" doesn't feel like it used to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m just so scared that I’m going to mess something up, either drinking too much or drinking too little. Like you said, your feeling of being full is different now and I don’t want to push the limits, I’m trying to do everything to a T but the feelings are all so new

Yea, today is my first full day home, and i took my liquid pain killer, wanted to wash it down with a few sips of watwer, and all that right after each other made me nearly puke. I had to try really hard not to throw up.

Well @Trixie82, my love, here is my latest timetable.
July 1st my last day on 30,day electronic C Pap compliance record
July2nd record faxed from local KCH sleep lab to OSU
July2nd Jessica my case coordinator hand#delivers said fax to Valerie the Nurse-Practioner who mulls over it the rest of the week, Jessica meanwhile had gone on vacation
July6th Valerie possibly calls with surgery date
July 9th if Valerie didn't call already Jessica will call with date.After Frustr8 finishs passing out and coming back to consciousness, Frustr8 will,post with quivering finger the EDS (estimated surgery date) and all will rejoice, firecrackers will be set off and a good time will be had by ALL! 🎶Cue Brass Band!🎶

Hello Everyone, it’s been 4 weeks since my procedure and it’s going great.

Ive been lucky through this process, I’m able to drink Water and have no issues taking pills etc...

Today was my first weigh in and I have lost 8.10 kilos (18pounds) so I am very happy. At this rate I’ll be at goal by Christmas.

i hope everyone is getting closer to where they want to be

8 minutes ago, Pearldrop said:

Hello Everyone, it’s been 4 weeks since my procedure and it’s going great.

Ive been lucky through this process, I’m able to drink Water and have no issues taking pills etc...

Today was my first weigh in and I have lost 8.10 kilos (18pounds) so I am very happy. At this rate I’ll be at goal by Christmas.

i hope everyone is getting closer to where they want to be

Congrats on your progress!

On 06/29/2018 at 13:08, sdcheesehead said:

Happy Rebirthday!! Finally on the other side. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Thank you! I’m doing better today! Yesterday was rough but I’m back on track!

How many oz of liquids is everyone getting? I’m 5 Days post op and nervous that I’m not getting enough. I’m not hungry but when I have my shakes or even just drink Water, I never feel full and I haven’t pushed it to the limit where I feel like I’m going to throw up. I feel like I’m able to drink way more than I should because of that. I know I sound crazy but it’s still stressing me out!!

My surgery is going to finally happen on July 3rd. As I get close I get more nervous. I know this this feeling will pass and I’m starting my liquid tonight.

Ello Everyone.

I really do not know how to start or what to say.. bare with me lol..

I am having my surgery early September. I have already met with my nutritionist and will be meeting with my surgeon again in late July. I really dont have a support systems , i have no clue when it comes to things..

hope you dont mind my many questions..

1:what did you do to jump start your "dieting" for pre op? i cut out all sugary things and eat portions size.

2: Protein Shakes : when did you start drinking them? what brand are you using or used?

29 minutes ago, Jess_givinItAll said:

Ello Everyone.

I really do not know how to start or what to say.. bare with me lol..

I am having my surgery early September. I have already met with my nutritionist and will be meeting with my surgeon again in late July. I really dont have a support systems , i have no clue when it comes to things..

hope you dont mind my many questions..

1:what did you do to jump start your "dieting" for pre op? i cut out all sugary things and eat portions size.

2: Protein Shakes : when did you start drinking them? what brand are you using or used?

I am about the same place in the process as you. I cut out alot of processed foods and added sugars, carbonated beverages, caffeine, and started "eating in order" protien first, then veggies and/or fruit and if still hungry, then carbs. Also its not a bad idea to practice not drinking with meals. Aside from sampling them, i am not drinking shakes until i start the 2 week pre op diet. The people here are very nice and supportive and always willing to answer questions for you!

Edited by Chrisb428

On 07/01/2018 at 16:00, Sleeved2Achieve said:

My surgery is going to finally happen on July 3rd. As I get close I get more nervous. I know this this feeling will pass and I’m starting my liquid tonight.
Congrats on your date! Nerves are normal but remember why you wanted to do this. And if you still feel nerves the day of, ask them for something relax you. Best wishes and see you on the post op side 😉

07/01/2018 04:00 PM, Sleeved2Achieve said:

I'm with you. I'm getting sleeved on the third too. Unfortunately, I'm on day 14 off my pre op diet. Tonite is clear liquid diet. Been keeping myself busy so I don't get the nervous/anxious bug. Good luck to you and hope you have a speedy recovery.

On 07/01/2018 at 18:27, sdcheesehead said:

I'm weight they're with you. I'm getting shelved on the third too. Unfortunately, I'm on day 14 off my pie op diet. Tonite is clear liquid diet. Been keeping myself busy so I don't get the nervous/anxious bug. Good luck to you and hippie you have a speedy recovery.
You’ve got this girl! See you on the post op side! 😉

Are you home yet ALFxRNY? Hope everything is going well with your recovery.

On 07/01/2018 at 18:33, sdcheesehead said:

Are you home yet ALFxRNY? Hope everything is going well with your recovery.
I got home yesterday! I’m sore but doing well. Sipping like crazy. sugar free popsicles (2 small bites at a time across 30 minutes) in this heat. Thank you for asking 😊