Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you everyone!!!
It’s been a crazy week, not just surgery stuff, so i have another month to prepare myself and it can only get better from here.. (Glass half full) I keep telling myself

39 minutes ago, sentaric said:

On my way home !!
My surgery was canx 10 mins prior to being wheeled in to operating room.
I broke out with hives from nerves
So they rescheduled me for July 30th 😞

I am so sorry this happened to you! Try and stay positive and it will be here before you know it!

Did anyone else have the H Pylori breath test as part of lab work? Does anyone know if a positive result can affect insurance approval?

On 06/28/2018 at 12:41, CTGirl08 said:

Did anyone else have the H Pylori breath test as part of lab work? Does anyone know if a positive result can affect insurance approval?
I had it for lab work for my pcp and it came back negative but I don’t know it mattered or not when the lab work was I submitted to my surgeon

8 minutes ago, CTGirl08 said:

If you test positive they will put you on an antibiotic for a couple of months. It should not affect approval.

I tested positive and had to do 14days on antibiotics to clear it and then test again a month later.

Will not impact insurance approval, but your surgeon will want you to clear it up and test negative before surgery, because h. Pylori causes stomach irritation and is a major cause of ulcers.

Thanks for the responses.

Second day back home and I’m feeling okay. I know I might sound crazy but I feel like I’m not getting full of off liquids? ? I’m not necessarily hungry but I’ve read so many people’s posts about how they get this full feeling and how it’s hard to take many liquids in but I feel like I can drink all the liquids in the world. I tend to obsess over and stress out about things I don’t have to but I haven’t been able to help think that my stomach isn’t as small as it should be or what not. I got the bypass and I my thoughts are just all over the place- any advice anyone? please tell me I’m just crazy and my stomach is actually the teeny tiny size it’s supposed to be

If things go as planned, I’ll be sleeved by the end of August! July 23rd marks my 6 months of supervised weight loss, and from there it’s just a matter of waiting for insurance approval!

17 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

I tested positive and had to do 14days on antibiotics to clear it and then test again a month later.

Will not impact insurance approval, but your surgeon will want you to clear it up and test negative before surgery, because h. Pylori causes stomach irritation and is a major cause of ulcers.

Dang - A month later? My pre-op is only 2 week prior to my surgery. Good to know this ahead of time. :)

10 minutes ago, g.elisabeth said:

Second day back home and I’m feeling okay. I know I might sound crazy but I feel like I’m not getting full of off liquids?? I’m not necessarily hungry but I’ve read so many people’s posts about how they get this full feeling and how it’s hard to take many liquids in but I feel like I can drink all the liquids in the world. I tend to obsess over and stress out about things I don’t have to but I haven’t been able to help think that my stomach isn’t as small as it should be or what not. I got the bypass and I my thoughts are just all over the place- any advice anyone? please tell me I’m just crazy and my stomach is actually the teeny tiny size it’s supposed to be

You're crazy. ;)

But seriously, this a common theme I read from people post-op. That they don't feel any different so it's hard to believe that anything was actually done. I bet it won't last long though.

12 minutes ago, Gingernaut said:

If things go as planned, I’ll be sleeved by the end of August! July 23rd marks my 6 months of supervised weight loss, and from there it’s just a matter of waiting for insurance approval!

Welcome to the group!! I've added you to our member list. :)

MEMBER LIST: http://www.tinyurl.com/SummerWLS

On 06/28/2018 at 13:18, Ylime said:

You're crazy. ;)

But seriously, this a common theme I read from people post-op. That they don't feel any different so it's hard to believe that anything was actually done. I bet it won't last long though.

THANK YOU! Even in the hospital I asked one of my surgeon’s residents if I actually had the RNY because I didn’t feel that different and was able to have liquids and shakes pretty quickly. Definitely eased my mind a little bit. Wandering thoughts are no friends to me lol I just can’t wait to start seeing some progress.

On 06/28/2018 at 10:40, sentaric said:

On my way home !!

My surgery was canx 10 mins prior to being wheeled in to operating room.

I broke out with hives from nerves

So they rescheduled me for July 30th 😞
It's breaks my heart hearing this. So sorry.

I did, but when I went in for my breath test, I learned I was allergic to the solution they administrate (citrus acid) so my doc said 95% of the people that follow the two week antibiotics meds are cured. They are going ahead with surgery.