Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 06/26/2018 at 10:18, Jolexis said:

Just a quick update: I’ve gotten the green light from psych and the nutritionist, attended the first 5 months of appointments, 2 support groups meetings, have an EGD scheduled for August 9th and my 6th month appointment July 24.

I still have to lose 13 more lbs before I see the surgeon otherwise I’m told he’ll tell me to try harder and come back later. 😒 I’ve checked so many boxes off, this just seems like a slap in the face and the hardest one yet. Still hoping to get my RNY before the first day of Fall.
Keep at it! You’re so close! And have you thought about doing Meal Replacement shakes? Prior to this liquid diet (which I’ve lost 23 lbs on so far). I was replacing a meal or 2 with Protein Shakes and then just having a healthy meal. It’s definitely helped shed weight. Good luck! Hope you’re able to get your surgery date soon

Hi Summer People, just lying here on my bed waiting for God or a bathroom urge to make me get up. And when I have nothing much to do I go,lurk on other forums. One of the threads I'm seeing often is buyers remorse. People,often sleevers but I am sure bypasses aren't immune, a few days or weeks after surgery are saying OMG what did I just do to MYSELF? Do you think this will happen to you and if it does, how are you going to handle it? Just putting it out on the floor for discussion.👈👼👉

On 06/26/2018 at 11:23, Frustr8 said:

Hi Summer People, just lying here on my bed waiting for God or a bathroom urge to make me get up. And when I have nothing much to do I go,lurk on other forums. One of the threads I'm seeing often is buyers remorse. People,often sleevers but I am sure bypasses aren't immune, a few days or weeks after surgery are saying OMG what did I just do to MYSELF? Do you think this will happen to you and if it does, how are you going to handle it? Just putting it out on the floor for discussion.👈👼👉
I’ve seen a few YouTube bypassers have it but it was short lived. Some had the remorse because they wanted to eat the food they used to eat, some because it was hard to get down the Water and Protein needs. It seems short lived most of the time. Personally if I deal with it, I’m going to have to right down all of the reasons I decided to do this and focus on that. There is no going back and why would I want to? So that’s my 2 cents on the buyer’s remorse discussion

On 06/26/2018 at 11:23, Frustr8 said:

This is honestly the one thing I am the most terrified of (probably more than dying). I really hope this doesn’t happen to me but the permanence of this surgery freaks me out sometimes. Although, everyone I have ever met that had it loves it and says it was the best section of their life. I don’t know. Just hoping for the best at this point and trying to stay positive.

On 06/26/2018 at 11:29, BurpeeZombie said:

This is honestly the one thing I am the most terrified of (probably more than dying). I really hope this doesn’t happen to me but the permanence of this surgery freaks me out sometimes. Although, everyone I have ever met that had it loves it and says it was the best section of their life. I don’t know. Just hoping for the best at this point and trying to stay positive.
I’m told I’m very dark about the possibility of dying during surgery. My view oddly is that if I go, at least it would be peaceful, I wouldn’t know anything about it. But let’s get off of that morbid thought. There is a chance you will feel buyer’s remorse the first time you accidentally sip too much or eat a little too much and experience dumping. And it will suck for sure, but then you will look at the pounds and inches melting away and realize that you’ve made the right decision. Or so that’s what I believe. Good luck and you know we are all here supporting each other in this

Day 9! Clear Liquids only. Good Lord it was harder to drink the clear Isopure than it was to drink the Protein Shakes. Took me an hour and a half to get that first drink down. Deciding on whether or not to drink the second one for lunch or dinner. Somewhere in between I need to have some broth

And @ ALFxRNY one hopes you could exit with style and grace, although how much style,and grace can one summon when you are lying,on a operating table , stark naked with your belly distended with C02 and pointing toward the ceiling? You know me , I'm redheaded and mouthy, I would demand if they,pumped it,up, they can deflate it before I leave the room. And if I expire they had better pump it,out anyway, I barely fit an extra large size casket and I will come,back and haunt them if they have bury me lid-less because it couldn't close! I had always planned to die in my own bed, at home, with my,lived ones around. But,knowing both branches of my dysfunctional family, they would be standing around bickering,who got what of my possessions . Wouldn't even get to,be the star at my own death! Think,i'll stay alive, that will upset them more! Smiles, a self-justified smirk for myself and hugs all around!

On 06/26/2018 at 12:08, Frustr8 said:

And @ ALFxRNY one hopes you could exit with style and grace, although how much style,and grace can one summon when you are lying,on a operating table , stark naked with your belly distended with C02 and pointing toward the ceiling? You know me , I'm redheaded and mouthy, I would demand if they,pumped it,up, they can deflate it before I leave the room. And if I expire they had better pump it,out anyway, I barely fit an extra large size casket and I will come,back and haunt them if they have bury me lid-less because it couldn't close! I had always planned to die in my own bed, at home, with my,lived ones around. But,knowing both branches of my dysfunctional family, they would be standing around bickering,who got what of my possessions . Wouldn't even get to,be the star at my own death! Think,i'll stay alive, that will upset them more! Smiles, a self-justified smirk for myself and hugs all around!
lol, the visual is hilarious but true. And yes! Extend your life and make everyone irate 😂

You are too funny!! However, I could definitely picture that scenario lol. I am not even thinking about death at this point!! I hope the deflate my belly.. It painful enough when you have a bad case of gas.. Geesh

On 06/26/2018 at 12:49, Lauren26 said:

You are too funny!! However, I could definitely picture that scenario lol. I am not even thinking about death at this point!! I hope the deflate my belly.. It painful enough when you have a bad case of gas.. Geesh
I hear they deflate it as much as possible but can’t get all of it out which why they get you up walking to try to get it out and also suggest gas x to help. And the visual was super hilarious 😂😂😂

Thanks for the boost! I usually do a Protein Shake as Breakfast. I was thinking of doing it for dinner as well on days I work my 12 hour shifts. I’ll lose the 14lbs. I’ve come too far to let my stubbornness get in the way. 🙂

As far as regret for the surgery... Sometimes I have doubts, but I keep asking myself what is the alternative? It’s not pretty, so I just keep keeping on.

@ jolexis, even if you turn into an Autumn Annie, we will keep you. You have done time with,us and you are forever ours. And I am sure YLime, ALFxRZ and the rest all agree!👩😝👸👨👍

@Jolexis will be our sweet Indian Summer child! 😉😊

On 06/25/2018 at 09:36, Chrisb428 said:

@Auroragirl4489 Please let me know how it goes. I have aetna also and ill be submitting 7/16. I hope they are quick to answer! I am so impatient and want to get it done!

@chrisb, FYI I was approved by Aetna choice POS in a week. They stated that their max response time is 15 days so you should have an answer with that time frame or shorter. Good luck!