Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 hours ago, Diva302 said:

Tomorrow this time I’ll be in prep and holding! Looking forward to my journey!😊👍🏽✊🏽👏🏽💪🏽😊

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! Hoping u have a fast/easy recovery! :D

Any real reason they bumped you back to June 20th other than sheer over-booking? ⛲

I’m supposed to have my surgery this summer but don’t have a date as yet! I have 3 more appointments left, one is today with the psychologist. This is a follow up!
Hopefully, this will go forward to the last 2 appointments and then my surgery date!😊

18 hours ago, msauerbrei said:

I don’t have an exact date but looking at early August. Almost done with all the pre-op stuff and so excited!

Welcome to the group!! I'm August 13th. :)

7 hours ago, Diva302 said:

Tomorrow this time I’ll be in prep and holding! Looking forward to my journey!😊👍🏽✊🏽👏🏽💪🏽😊

Woo Hoo - Let us know how it goes!

Ok - I'm going to steal the idea from @sdcheesehead's group and tweak it a bit for our group. Her program awards silver forks in recognition of getting a surgery date. So I would like to award those that have completed their surgery with golden flatware. I found this image of flatware made to look like vintage keys. I felt that was very fitting for our journey.

So I will award these at the beginning of each month for those that had surgery in the prior month. I'll come back to do a new post awarding those that had surgery back in May. Hope you all like this idea!

Congrats!.png

After almost 3 years of trying OSU-Wexner Medical center will be granting me a Day of Rebirth July 2018 with Bradley Needleman MD presiding.
Scared? Heck No! Any fears drowned in tears long ago. And I read and re-read other people's postings. Some fears border on Silly!
"They will take my patient gown off and I'll be laying there nekkid!"
Aw, come on! They wil have my abdomen blown up to mega-watermelon size with CO2 gas. Am I supposed to worry that the curtains match carpeting? FYI if ANYONE is curious, they do. I may. be 72 but I never grayed anywhere.
"I may talk going under or coming out of anesthesia" Naw it isnt going to happen. Now me , I am liable to give a valedictory of Oscar speech " I'd like to thank all the, little people that have brought me thus far" the doctors may say, give her the happy juice and I'm off to lalaland, a tube goes down into my trachea and peace will reign there. And unless you are Donald J Trump, willing to spout nonsense and make things up on the spot, you have nothing to worry about.
"They will make fun of my body!" News flash-- they have seen fat women and men before. Unless you have 3 breasts or 3 testes, you won't be an object of conversation. I do have 3 of something, 3 kidneys, but unless Dr N decided on the spur of the moment to do an "open " my anomaly won't be on plain view. And if he had to, which I doubt, laps are much quicker, more easy on him and,me,and smoother to heal from. That said, I already had and healed from an abdominal incision, so no biggie. And if he judged that it was needed, go for it. Every surgeon worth his or her salt can do them, they just take longer. More often or not, at that point you're as interesting as a bashed up tractor. You, too needed their mechanic talent, they'll leave you firing on all the necessary cylinders before they are done.
So I plan to rock it with all I've got, one surgery, one recovery, one better life. And isn't that the bottom Line of why we are here?❤😝❤

PS, Y Li me I am working hard to gain my Gold Keys, I am a Cutie Winner!✌😝

That's so cool Ylime!! I love your idea!! Look forward to when I get my gold key flatware in July 🔑

Ok here we go...The inaugural Golden Key Awards for surgeries completed in May 2018.

Congrats to @debbie89, @Tierra T Tij, @numinousvessel, @kat6620, @Mrs. Rob, @PCOSSUCKS for reaching this next stage of their lives. Wishing you all much success!!

May.png

Hello everyone!

I pretty new here and am super excited to join this thread! I was just scheduled for my surgery - it will be August 28!

On 06/12/2018 at 16:47, FierceOne said:

Hello everyone!

I pretty new here and am super excited to join this thread! I was just scheduled for my surgery - it will be August 28!

Welcome! And congrats on your date!

4 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
12 minutes ago, FierceOne said:

Hello everyone!

Thank you so very much!!! :778_heartbeat:

22 minutes ago, FierceOne said:

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the group. I dont have a date yet, but should be August as well!

On 06/12/2018 at 17:00, FierceOne said:

Thank you so very much!!! :778_heartbeat:

You’re very welcome! 😊