Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 5/27/2018 at 9:22 AM, mrselie said:

Hi Everyone!

I am new around here. I have been lurking for months but this is my first post. I am scheduled for bypass surgery on June 4th! I am so excited. I was hoping to get a surgery date buddy to go through this process with for support. I'm 37 years old with 3 kids. I have yo-yo dieted my entire life and am looking to get things under control. My BMI is around 38 but I have a co-morbidity of sleep apnea so I was able to be approved. I am looking forward to meeting people to share this journey with!

Thank you Ylime for making the spreadsheet. That was so sweet and helpful.

So glad you came out of the shadows to join the conversation? What kind of pre-surgery diet are you on right now?

Ylime mine isn't that fantastic but ai was excited to make myself a list anyway. I've seen some amazing looking ones out there!

Hi Everyone! I’ve posted a few times, but mostly reading everyone’s posts. My surgery date is 6/6 and I’m at day 4 of the preop diet. I’m supposed to do 4protein shakes per day - th have only been doing three because I’m not hungry ... or not hungry for that! I have eating the heck out of the veggies that I am allowed and made some Soup. I’m really anxious and nervous but ready for my surgery! Man, the preop diet is n joke. We hosted a BBQ Saturday and I had a shake before people arrived and for dinner ate plate of zucchini, onion, squash and mushrooms that we grilled. I still have work to do to get over the mental food thing ... you know, always looking forward to activities for the food! Now I need to learn to focus on everything else besides the food! Any good tips to make veggies feel like they are a meal?

On 28/05/2018 at 1:22 AM, mrselie said:

Hi Everyone!

I am new around here. I have been lurking for months but this is my first post. I am scheduled for bypass surgery on June 4th! I am so excited. I was hoping to get a surgery date buddy to go through this process with for support. I'm 37 years old with 3 kids. I have yo-yo dieted my entire life and am looking to get things under control. My BMI is around 38 but I have a co-morbidity of sleep apnea so I was able to be approved. I am looking forward to meeting people to share this journey with!

Thank you Ylime for making the spreadsheet. That was so sweet and helpful.

There are a few of us scheduled for June 4 so you’ve come to the right place. I’m 46, yo yo dieter for the past 10 years. I never had a weight problem until I was 30, and switched to a desk job. Then all my unhealthy eating patterns came home to roost. With this, I’m learning to eat better and reset my bad habits

So....I had my first pre-op visit today. It was a whirlwind! Based off my insurance type, I only need 2 more visits with my surgeon so I’m looking at either August or September for surgery. I didn’t know it was gonna happen so fast. I’m so excited for what’s to come. My appointment was 2 hours jam packed and looks like my pre-op diet is A LOT different then others has anyone else had. Though I spent a significant amount of time with my surgeon I got a lot of good info from the dietician any good questions to ask for my next appointment?

Only two more appointments until you have surgery? Wow! Must be that Philadelphia Freedom that they always sang about. You Keystone Staters can say you're "On your Way in Pa" you do see to get things done quick.😛

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Only two more appointments until you have surgery? Wow! Must be that Philadelphia Freedom that they always sang about. You Keystone Staters can say you're "On your Way in Pa" you do see to get things done quick.😛

Not me...lol. Started my process in Feb here in PA! Mine should be around the same time.

Hi, I'm new here. Just did my psych eval yesterday, got my pcp letter last week, and should finish my preop stuff this month. I hope I can get approved and scheduled before school starts in Aug.

15 minutes ago, BeeCat said:

Hi, I'm new here. Just did my psych eval yesterday, got my pcp letter last week, and should finish my preop stuff this month. I hope I can get approved and scheduled before school starts in Aug.

Welcome BeeCat!

Welcome BeeCat, if there are any questions you need answered, me and a cast of thousands are here,to help you😛

On 5/28/2018 at 9:44 PM, Ylime said:

So glad you came out of the shadows to join the conversation? What kind of pre-surgery diet are you on right now?

I am actually in the minority that my doctor does not require a pre-surgery liquid diet! I was shocked. He told me I could do one if it made me feel better. Ha ha!

On 5/29/2018 at 5:36 AM, Pearldrop said:

There are a few of us scheduled for June 4 so you’ve come to the right place. I’m 46, yo yo dieter for the past 10 years. I never had a weight problem until I was 30, and switched to a desk job. Then all my unhealthy eating patterns came home to roost. With this, I’m learning to eat better and reset my bad habits

So glad to meet you! I am looking forward to going through this process together!

On 05/30/2018 at 18:34, PCOSSUCKS said:

MAY DAY IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
Woohoo!!! Sending all of the positive vibes!!

35 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
2 hours ago, PCOSSUCKS said:

MAY DAY IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Woohoo!!! Sending all of the positive vibes!!

Congrats! And good luck.