Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I figure with all the twist and turn of my journey I am between 2/3 and 7/8 completed so let's see what this Thursday May24 has to tell me about the completion. I promise to stop jumping up and down like a demented pogo stick,if SOMEONE will give me a definite date. Been a long time coming 🏣👈😝👉

Wow! I have a surgery date! June 5th. My preop appointment is May 29th. Now it's scary and exciting. And 7 days of liquid... I'm thinking of all sorts of randomness. I have to get my house in order, my life insurance in order, my job in order, I won't see my son again before my surgery. I did finally tell my parents....but I kind of buried it in a pre surgery that I have to do before I can get my cantelope - sized hernia repaired. B) Any early June folks need a surgery buddy? I do!

Edited by annette17

Wow! I have a surgery date! June 5th. My preop appointment is May 29th. Now it's scary and exciting. And 7 days of liquid... I'm thinking of all sorts of randomness. I have to get my house in order, my life insurance in order, my job in order, I won't see my son again before my surgery. I did finally tell my parents....but I kind of buried it in a pre surgery that I have to do before I can get my cantelope - sized hernia repaired. B) Any early June folks need a surgery buddy? I do!

I am scheduled for my pre op on May 22nd and gastric bypass surgery on June 6th. I know exactly how you feel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself and check in here. This is actually my very first post to the forum.

I started the journey back in September with my first seminar and meeting with my surgeon. Since then it's been a steady series of dietician and nutritionist meetings, exams, and preparation. I'm in the final stretch now, and should have a surgery date scheduled some time before the end of June. I'm hoping to have my surgery either in late June or early July. We'll see how it goes.

This has been a very long process, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. But mostly... I just want to get it over with! I'm ready! Not long now.

All the best to everyone.

Mine is July 4th! I can’t wait but I’m so nervous! I’ll be getting the bypass!

Go Frost r8 you so deserve to get this Surgery. Anxious to hear all your great results to come

Hello. I’m a June sleever. I’m starting my Optifast Monday 21 May in preparation for the 4 June. Very excited and a little nervous. The process seems very comprehensive in the US compared to the process I did here in Australia. The pre-work here was to attend a group information session and have my doctor to write a referral. My Insurance doesn’t require anything additional. Health insurance is very different in Australia though as it is based on the type of insurance you want and the amount you pay.

Yes the insurance here in the US is a big issue. Many insurance providers do not cover weight loss surgeries at all. Others make us jump through lots of hoops before approval and lots of folks get turned down the first tome they apply. All this despite many studies that show surgery is the only solution that is effective in the long term for so many that suffer with obesity. I understand things are getting getting better, however.

On 05/17/2018 at 16:20, Chrisb428 said:

Thanks Chris! I’m so excited!

I get so excited for everyone! Feels like its taking me forever. Ready for my turn...lol I do, however, love reading the experiences all of u have before me. This site literally prepares u for just about anything I think!

Your time will be here before you know it. And this site definitely keeps you motivated during your journey! I get excited seeing everyone getting their dates as well!

On 05/19/2018 at 13:11, dutchamy said:

Hello Everyone- so glad to find this group. I am hoping to get approved for a summer surgery as I am a school teacher. I will have my last of the 6 required dietician visits June 23 and by then I should have all the other hurdles jumped! Had my psych eval which was no big deal and am just waiting for the cardio appt. June 18. THen my paper work can be sent in for approval. I am worried that my borderline numbers will keep me out. Anyone in Rhode Island or CT?

Best wishes! I’m from CT! And if I remember correctly when the paperwork is submitted they got from your weight at the start of everything

On 05/19/2018 at 16:34, PCOSSUCKS said:

soooooo having a date and having all prerequisites complete is different than actually getting the insurance approval in the mail!!!!! yikesers! its really y'all!!!!!!!! may 31...great way to end may!

Congrats! That is an awesome way of ending the month!

And maybe when June dawns you will be good enough to return home and let your life go on.😝

Hey everyone I have a surgery date of July 2nd! I'm so excited!!!