Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats ALF and good luck with your approval!

Thank you! And same to you! Hope you get good news on the approval front when it’s your time [emoji846]

As my date gets closer, June 27, this past week I participated in a couple of food funerals which I wish I hadn’t but hope that I now I got that out of the way ...
Since I decided on scheduling VSG surgery about a month ago, I had been very focused on eating healthy. I was thrilled with my decision and it made me feel calm and I stopped eating compulsively .
But suddenly anxiety set in about the surgery last week and I started binge eating some of my favorite foods. But I’m done . It didn’t feel very good and it was a return to old habits that I thought I had overcome .
Now I want to make the effort and commitment to stay clean the rest of my presurgery time . I really don’t want to start detoxing during my two week pre op liquid diet . I rather start now and really start taking ownership of good eating habits. It scared me how easily I slipped up this past week and I want to get my head right when it comes to eating before I have surgery .
Any tips on how to stay focused the next month and a half before I start two week preop diet ?

8 hours ago, ALFxRNY said:

Thank you! And same to you! Hope you get good news on the approval front when it’s your time

Thank you! Feels like "my time" will never get here. (I'm so impatient) lol

Thank you! Feels like "my time" will never get here. (I'm so impatient) lol

You’re welcome and the anxiety is real! When I was told I had to do 7 months of nutrition on top of a bunch of other appointments it really did seem overwhelming and like I’d probably never finish. The time actually flew by pretty quickly though (I started in November officially). Hang in there, you’ve got this

My pre-op anxiety has been out of control ever since they said to start thinking about dates. Wondering if I’m making the right choice, wondering if I’ll be able to do it afterwards (really won’t have a choice, I reckon).... any advice on how to beat these unhelpful thoughts?

Anyone having their operation in June? My date is June 7th, and I'd love to talk to other June sleevers so we can pass the time together!!

Anyone having their operation in June? My date is June 7th, and I'd love to talk to other June sleevers so we can pass the time together!!

My paperwork for bypass is getting submitted this week. If approved, I will have a June surgery date [emoji846]

@YLime and@ALFxRNY, I am a little more excited today. Got an official letter from OSU confirming what I call my trifecta appointment with the nurse practitioner, dietician and case,manager, if I'm understanding correctly they tailor-make things for you, as an individual, to facilate your surgery. For some reason this consult costs me $25 cash because insurance doesn't cover this. Betcha I get a receipt,just,in care Medicare does cover it, and I'll get reimbursed. Don't mind that as much as the $200 I gave Mount Carmel. and they never returned. Cheap*** Lowlife Place! I may recant the cheap part, never the rest.
I just love the part that it was on embossed stationary with the University seal and everything. Maybe I'm acting silly over it all, but I've been treated crappy so long I'm incredulous somebody treated me in a decent manner
Maybe things are starting to turn around for the Frust8tion Kid. Dare I dream? Dare I,hope? I know inside I'm as good as everyone else and better than most, it's just the world didn't seem to notice. I was everybody's martyr for so long, to stand up on my own 2 feet and hope my legs don't buckle under the weight of being,my own boosters It's fightening and heady at the same time. It is hard to play your own kind of music, sing your own song, when your family, friends and the world in general have told you,that you are tone-deaf and can't care a tune anyone would want,to hear. But I will do it, If not here-where? If not now-when? There is no better time, no better venue than where I am now! I CAN, I SHALL &I WILL! This silver cougar has been wronged and keep silent too long. World🌏
hear me roar and roar loudly. Puma Power is MINE.🐩

Hi! I'm new here. I'm hoping for RNY surgery in June. I have my last nutrition appt, weigh-in, and psychological eval next week. Looking forward to getting those crossed off of the list.

20 minutes ago, Iwanttoseemytoes said:

Hi! I'm new here. I'm hoping for RNY surgery in June. I have my last nutrition appt, weigh-in, and psychological eval next week. Looking forward to getting those crossed off of the list.

I absolutely love your name.....lol What all will be left to do before you can submit for approval?

I don't know of anything else. I have completed the five of six diet appointments. Once approved, I will have to have the endoscopy.

Edited by Iwanttoseemytoes

@YLime and@ALFxRNY, I am a little more excited today. Got an official letter from OSU confirming what I call my trifecta appointment with the nurse practitioner, dietician and case,manager, if I'm understanding correctly they tailor-make things for you, as an individual, to facilate your surgery. For some reason this consult costs me $25 cash because insurance doesn't cover this. Betcha I get a receipt,just,in care Medicare does cover it, and I'll get reimbursed. Don't mind that as much as the $200 I gave Mount Carmel. and they never returned. Cheap*** Lowlife Place! I may recant the cheap part, never the rest.
I just love the part that it was on embossed stationary with the University seal and everything. Maybe I'm acting silly over it all, but I've been treated crappy so long I'm incredulous somebody treated me in a decent manner
Maybe things are starting to turn around for the Frust8tion Kid. Dare I dream? Dare I,hope? I know inside I'm as good as everyone else and better than most, it's just the world didn't seem to notice. I was everybody's martyr for so long, to stand up on my own 2 feet and hope my legs don't buckle under the weight of being,my own boosters It's fightening and heady at the same time. It is hard to play your own kind of music, sing your own song, when your family, friends and the world in general have told you,that you are tone-deaf and can't care a tune anyone would want,to hear. But I will do it, If not here-where? If not now-when? There is no better time, no better venue than where I am now! I CAN, I SHALL &I WILL! This silver cougar has been wronged and keep silent too long. World[emoji290]
hear me roar and roar loudly. Puma Power is MINE.[emoji251]

Roar and roar very loudly!!! Your time to shine is upon you!

We might be surgery twins! My paperwork for RNY is going to be submitted this week! Best wishes!

Hi @iwanttoseemytoes Welcome to Bariatric Pal and are you by chance also from Ohio?