Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Chrisb428 and @Ylime, Thank you for the support, I truly need it. And I will definitely keep you informed with my progress.

Do you have room for me as a buddy? File me in the Sadder But Wiser drawer in the file cabinet. My little buddies I have finished my course perparations not once but twice. And how can this be? I've lived it and it still bewilders me. A short summation- late summer 2015 I first sought,bariatric surgery. My then insurance United Healthcare required 6 months of dietary consult and a record keep of all foods consumed. Downloaded. My Fitness Pal and we were off to the races. Finished all requirements except the nutritional/diatetic consult. 5 months into the 6month requirement, my job terminates and Goodbye United Healthcare. Attempted to Cobra it over, would have taken $700 of the $900 I got monthly,from Social Security, So with a heaviness in my heart, that was that. What I didn't know and was never told Medicare, my secondary insurance would pick,up the bill and their requirements were much less, the office this year claimed they were only waiting for,my to provide my numbers and surgery could have be scheduled, would have had it Feb/March 2016. Went on with my life, staying plump as a Thanksgiving Turkey, early,late Autumn,i. asked my PCP for some medical,assistance to lose weight, he prescibed me Phenteramine, a weight reduction drug. Took it faithfully all of last October 2017. Cut out carbs, reduced my,portion sizes, cut out sodas, yes all the right things. Went back,of the end of the month for a checkup, instead of a c weight loss I had packed on 30 more pounds onto my body. After a heart-felt WTF he suggested I return to the Baiatric Surgeonbin Columbus I had gone to before. And I started over again. My requirements were finished the third week of January 2018. Made sure everthing was in order and submitted to surgeon's office. They told me I would hear back 5-8 business days from them. So I sat and waited, first week,of February they were in the pile to be worked, second week of February, yes they were submitted and they were waiting to hear back, third week you just be patient, everything is being re reviewed and we'll get back to you. On February 20th my surgeon along with 2 partners had themselves a little meeting, they decided not to do my surgery, I was given the excuse that my psychological evaluation was,murky. This from a woman who had shone my hand, in the presence of,my adult son, told me to my face that I had passed everything perfectly and wished well with my upcoming surgery. In. employment circles this is called being S***Canned, I call it being kicked to the curb . Same basic thing! So I bawled my eyes out a few days, got up, dusted myself off, gave myself a pep talk in the mirror and set off to find another program. There are 2 other hospitals in Columbus with Bariatric programs, booked,time at their seminars in Early,March. I made application at OSU-Wexner Medical Center on March 9th. That program called me back within a week to have a 2 hour appointment with Staff Psychologist Dr Kramer on April 25th. Surely I will be given credit for Time Served, they do that for criminals and I'm surely a nicer person than them. If there are no extra things needing done I could have surgery in May, otherwise June/July. So,i qualify for your happy band of surgery-seekers. I am 5ft8in, 323 lbs and 72 years old. Don't worry, I'm in it to win it just like the rest of you, and you'll find I am old only in age not attitude. I can be just rotten and ornery,as the rest of You!! Have a good evening and a wonderful day.

This will be your best year!!!!

6 minutes ago, alleamarie said:

I just booked for June 4th I would love to have some buddies going through it the same time as me

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats! I'll be a few months behind you, but would love to follow the progress of you and others not far ahead of me so I know what I have to look forward to!

22 hours ago, Fluffy Grandma said:

I’ve got an August surgery date.

16 hours ago, jenpa said:

Hi all& hope everything is going awesome on your journey:)... I am June 5.

13 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Do you have room for me as a buddy?

2 hours ago, alleamarie said:

I just booked for June 4th I would love to have some buddies going through it the same time as me

Welcome to all the new members. I'm so excited to have such a big group to go through this with!

9 hours ago, newmebithebypass said:

so who here has weigh ins coming up i have one in tuesday. i am so not looking forward to it. lol. its mostly because i think i have gained again and i know from this point i know i have to really give up the heavy carb food which will set me into tired mode again for a while and so yeah anyone else here have tips to get past that initial tired feeling when giving up the major carbs ie bread stuff like that

I honestly don't know when my next weigh in is. I have my psych eval next week but I doubt they'll weigh me for that. But the week after I have my first meeting with the dietitian so I'm sure that will involve a weigh in. Although my surgeon doesn't require any weight loss before surgery. I'm just on a mission to not gain!

I honestly don't know when my next weigh in is. I have my psych eval next week but I doubt they'll weigh me for that. But the week after I have my first meeting with the dietitian so I'm sure that will involve a weigh in. Although my surgeon doesn't require any weight loss before surgery. I'm just on a mission to not gain!

My surgeon did not require any weight loss either. But no gaining and I feel I have again this month last month it was 1 pound this month I think it will be more but I'm not sure.

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, Ylime said:

So here's the million dollar question - Who, if anyone, are you telling about your surgery?

My husband and kids know and my parents as well. I have yet to tell my brother but I will. I have one friend I will most likely tell as I know she'll be supportive. I don't plan on telling anyone else. I'm new in my job and aren't close enough to anyone here to feel like I want to share. I'm typically a closed book anyway so my general feeling is it's nobody's damn business even if they do notice I'm losing weight rapidly.

What about you guys?

My daughter knows and my stepsons know because my hubby is doing it too. My mom knows I'm considering it but I haven't told her I'm doing it. She'll be worried but supportive as will my sons.

I might let my sister know (my mom would blab anyway) but I don't think I'll tell anyone else. My brothers are athletes and are of the just eat less and move more attitude. Other than that it's nobody else's business.

I've lost and gained weight so many times it won't be a big shock anyway.

Best wishes to you and Fluffy Grandpa, it is very nice you are both making this journey together. How far apart will your surgeries be? Just think what smooth sleek grandparents your grandbabies will have soon. You will be able to keep up with their antics, you may even be able to catch them as they run by.👶👦👧👵👴. And someday,you will be able to sit, holding hands as they graduate, get married and someday make,you some cute great grand babies. And your days will be long happy and healthy- for now you both make a,new commitment to your futures😜👍

So far only a few people know I'm having surgery. My best friend isn't too happy about it so she isn't up to date on everything I've done so far. My mom or family don't know yet. Waiting on my surgery date. Actually may tell her when she visits next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G928T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, Ylime said:

So here's the million dollar question - Who, if anyone, are you telling about your surgery?

My husband and kids know and my parents as well. I have yet to tell my brother but I will. I have one friend I will most likely tell as I know she'll be supportive. I don't plan on telling anyone else. I'm new in my job and aren't close enough to anyone here to feel like I want to share. I'm typically a closed book anyway so my general feeling is it's nobody's damn business even if they do notice I'm losing weight rapidly.

What about you guys?

I told my husband (obviously, lol) and my sister. I don't have a lot of people to tell. I wish I could tell my mom, she would be excellent support since she's had it done already (like... 15-20 years ago?), but she is constantly throwing it in my face (often during arguments) that I need gastric bypass that it makes me not want to confide in her at all, about anything. :(

Frustr8: Thanks for the good wishes! His is in May and mine is August. I was hoping it would be sooner so I would he slimmer for the summer heat but it’s not turning out that way. It will be nice to be able to keep up with our grandkids. They know grandma can’t keep up and that’s no fun.

well he'll have enough strength to fan your hot little body this summer, "Honey I believe I'll have another of those lovely chilled Protein Shakes. No not that one dear, the other!.👴👵

I told one person, a good friend at work, and only told her because when I went to my psych appt she strongly suggested to tell at least one person.. I decided I’m not going to tell anyone this time around, I spread the word the first time with the sleeve and had weight regain, and never heard the end of it from my mom who had RNY 15 years ago and has kept off 175 pounds..I opted for the duodenal switch and should be scheduled for surgery next week at my clearance appt...