Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2018 sleevers

How much are you down? I’ve been at a stall for 2 weeks. I’m doing everything right, and it’s pissing me off!! Getting 10k-12k steps a day too!!

HW-256 SW 242 CW219. Sleeved 3/8

Since surgery on 3/7 I’m down 23# but for the last week and half I’ve stayed within a pound of the same weight. I’m still on the final soft stage so my foods are still limited, so this “stall” is a bit confusing for myself as well.
I did battle a stomach flu last week for a day plus a day recovery that I didn’t get to exercise.

How do we get outta this stall??

I lost 18#s in the first month, but now I am also in a stall. Its been 8 days and I am up 0.2 lbs from the start, bouncing around the 198's.

I started Phase 4 of my diet yesterday, with no more Protein Shakes (unless I need a few grams of Protein to meet my daily target).

I lost 18#s in the first month, but now I am also in a stall. Its been 8 days and I am up 0.2 lbs from the start, bouncing around the 198's.
I started Phase 4 of my diet yesterday, with no more Protein Shakes (unless I need a few grams of Protein to meet my daily target).

When did you have your sleeve done? I physically can’t eat 60g of protein at a minimum unless I eat all at long. I still need my protein shakes.

39 minutes ago, kaleia said:

When did you have your sleeve done? I physically can’t eat 60g of Protein at a minimum unless I eat all at long. I still need my protein shakes.

Its hard! I had surgery 5 weeks ago. I eat 4 times a day: 6am-10am-2pm-6pm. Today's menu (61g protein, 18g carbs, 585 calories):

Meal 1: 1 lg egg, 1 slice bacon , 1 wedge LC asiago, 1 oz. half-n-half: 12g protein

Meal 2: 2 oz turkey, 1/2 oz alpine lace swiss, 2 oz steamed carrots: 19g protein

Meal 3: 3 oz. 2% cottage cheese, 2 oz frozen cherries: 12g protein

Meal 4: 2.5 oz. flank steak, 2 oz asparagus: 18g protein

Edited by Apple203

I had my surgery 3/28, I’ve lost 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks but now I’ve been stalling for the last week. I’m not sure what’s going on, maybe not drinking enough?

I had my surgery 3/28, I’ve lost 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks but now I’ve been stalling for the last week. I’m not sure what’s going on, maybe not drinking enough?

I lost 20 pounds in the first month but at some point hit a stall (I don’t weigh enough to know when the stall happened, but I’m sure it was around the 3 week mark). I spoke with my dr. And he’s concerned that with my exercise of aqua aerobics 3x’s a week for 1-2 hours each week may not be enough calories. Funny to be told I may need to eat more calories... I’m scared :)

I know I need to drink more Water too. TOM is right around to corner so it could be anything causing the stall. Fortunately I knew about it ahead of time because of all the posters before me that ran into the same thing. Meeting with my NUT next week. Fortunately I track everything I eat so I will have good info for her to review.

My luck it will be those damn Protein Bars I’ve been eating on the days I workout. They only have 200 calories and 9 carbs and I’ve managed to stay in low level ketosis but maybe my body doesn’t like them. I don’t want to have to go back to the Protein Drinks. :(

I was sleeved on 3/13 and I am only down 19 pounds but a total of 24 since liquid diet. I hit a stall at 3 weeks. I have started loosing weight again and I am loosing a pound a day now.

I had the sleeve on 3/27. HW was 289. Surgery weight was 269 and now three weeks after surgery, I am only down to 255. So although I have lost 35 pounds in total since my pre-op diet, I am at a stall and have been for two weeks. I am in the soft stage and have tried to get all my Water in and eat the right foods, but have not lost any weight in a week. Anyone else have a stall this early on? It so frustrating! I don’t feel like I am eating too much and I am working out five days a week! Help!!

I was sleeved 03/26. Lost 8 pounds first week. Nothing second week. Gained 1 pound 3rd week. I am not even on solid food yet! Really does get frustrating even though I know that I have to lose when I am eating so little. Ugh.

I was sleeved 3/19. I lost 10 lbs/week for 3 weeks and have now stalled. I started puréed foods on 4/10. I went back to work on 4/11. My nurse thinks I’m not getting enough calories and I’m not eating often enough (I work in a busy emergency department). I exercise every day. I hesitate to add more calories because at some point fact that I’m using more energy than I’m taking in should make me lose weight.
I know I’m having trouble adjusting to puréed foods - they seem so heavy after weeks of fluids. But I know it will get easier. I know that I should listen to my nurse and work on eating more healthy calories more often. This is an adjustment - a huge life change - and I’m giving myself some room to get it right, as long as I don’t fall into old, bad behaviors.
And I definitely need to drink more Water, which feels crazy. I’ve always loved water and she’s to be able to drink a gallon a day without even trying.

We can all do this. If we keep doing what we’re supposed to do, what’s supposed to happen will happen! [emoji846]

I was March 26.

It’s been about 23 days or so.
I’m feeling a little less heavier now.

Everything is normal, diet is going well as well.

Only issue is that I feel I’m not walking enough.

I was sleeved on 3/20/18. I only weigh once a week or I'll go crazy. I've lost 20 pounds post-op as of Monday. I haven't stalled yet. I'm not losing as much as I'd like though. I have A LOT to lose though. I definitely shouldn't complain about 20 pounds in a month. My doctor told me that she wants me to get 80g of Protein a day. I definitely can't eat that much, so I'm still having to do 2 Premiere Protein Shakes a day, then I get the other 20 with food.