Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had revision from Sleeve to SIPS

Update: 20 weeks. Down approx 36lbs.

Overall, I'm pleased. Slow and steady wins the race, and so far - knock on wood - things just keep headed in the correct direction; i.e. no re-lapse.

I admit that it could be even better if I cleaned up some habits. I still eat fast food on the regular, and I was drinking A LOT of beer. I'm in the process of trying to cut back on the alcohol, so am excited to see what happens without an extra 1000 empty calories a day....

Hi just revised sleeve to SIPS 5 days ago. Very interested to hear how everyone is going.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:01 AM, Princesskath said:

Hi just revised sleeve to SIPS 5 days ago. Very interested to hear how everyone is going.

Good luck. Check out the posts then ask away. More than happy to pass on any info we can

Six month anniversary. Down 45lbs. only 25 away from my goal weight.

Weight loss has sped up quite a bit the last few weeks since I quit drinking, started Intermittent Fasting, and working out in the AM in a fasted state. Hoping to keep it going!

On 10/12/2018 at 12:31, disco stu said:

Six month anniversary. Down 45lbs. only 25 away from my goal weight.

Weight loss has sped up quite a bit the last few weeks since I quit drinking, started Intermittent Fasting, and working out in the AM in a fasted state. Hoping to keep it going!

Glad to read you are doing well - 45 lbs is excellent!

I am a sleeve to sips revision too. I had my sleeve about 7 years and did well but then had some regain after pregnancy that I couldn’t lose.

So I had my surgery just over a week ago. Like you, I thought the surgery was a breeze. No pain meds needed. No nausea. Easy peasy.

My doc had me on a week of Clear Liquids which was torture because I felt fine and I was plenty hungry. I was a good little patient though and stuck with broth , Water, and sugar free popsicles for a week.

Once released to full liquids I have to admit I’ve been very much pushing the definition of full liquid. Cottage cheese, for example, that I did not put through a blender as instructed. I’ve had no problems.

I feel like the post op diet instructions should be modified for sips patients who have a sleeve that isn’t touched. I honestly feel like I could eat anything and be ok right now... but I’m stick with full liquids and mild “cheats” like the cottage cheese.

My starting weight was around 265. I’d love to get down to 180 or so but I’d be happy at 200 too. I don’t mind having a little squish on my bones.

Anyway - I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and wish you well on getting those last 25 lbs off! See ya around.

Good to meet you and welcome. Yeah, like I said in an earlier post, I was eating solid food within days of surgery with no ill effects. I'm of the "listen to your body" school of thought when it comes to my health, and I felt fine.

According to my surgeon, he has yet to have a SIPS patient not lose 100lbs within a year of surgery, so it would seem your goals are well within reach. Just be patient. It can feel excruciatingly slow at times, but in the same way that your weigh gain just kinda crept up on you over the years? Now it's going to do the opposite. It's going to slowly fade away on its own. So the best advice I can give someone just starting this journey is "A watched pot never boils." Relax. It will happen.

I think it partialy depends on why you had a revision if that makes sense.

In my case i was revised from a sleeve to a one anastomosis bypass. But lost all my weight with my sleeve and did not regain, it was purely for reflux. So i don’t know if i will lose more or not. I would assume that if you had more to lose and did the whole back to basics thing, then you would lose the remaining weight.

A update for Aussie Liz and the rest. I told her in April I would look like her avatar with clenched claws, well 9 weeks after a traditional RnY, I do, my forearms have scrawnies down to Little Old Lady arms, thrilled I have lost 60 pounds since the end of July, but forearms? I thought I ordered smaller belly, rump, thighs, and less "swing on the old back porch", but arms, double chin, cheeks, and grin? Best I can summon today, tired 😏 smirk and sad grieving appearance. Ho ho well, it's still early today!

Way to go! You still have plenty of runway. It will come off.

Hello,

I had a revision from the lap-band to SIPS on February 14th. I've lost about 108 lbs over the last 10 months. I am very pleased with this revision. I exercise 5-6 days a week, I've dropped my drive-thru queen habit and cook way more, and just overall eat better quality food. I don't diet per se, but again, eat more vegetables and Protein and take it somewhat easy on the carbs. There really isn't anything that I can't eat. However, I don't push it, but allow myself an indulgence from time to time so I don't lose my mind.

Of everything, the exercise is the most consistent routine I do in this entire process. I really try not to miss working out as I believe that it has been key in aiding the weight loss and will be key in keeping it off, because I'm not a perfect eater and will never be one, although better.

Weight loss by month below. It's starting to taper down. I'm okay with that as I hit my initial goal of 190. My second goal of 170lbs is just 18lbs away. Anything I lose after that will be gravy as I carry weight pretty well. People already think that I'm much less than I actually am.

Month 1 (Feb) = 13.6
Month 2 = 21.2
Month 3 = 10.8
Month 4 = 10.4
Month 5 = 11.9
Month 6 = 12.5
Month 7 = 6.9
Month 8 = 8
Month 9 = 8.4
Month 10 (Nov) = 5 - so far

Thanks for sharing your numbers, deltagirl - you are doing great!! It’s good to see how other revisions to SIPS are doing. I’m now 3 weeks out from a sleeve to sips revision and about 9 or 10 lbs down. I’m very happy with this start, although I’m sure it will slow down. I need to add exercise - as you have wisely incorporated ... I’ve just been to lazy. ;)

On 9 November 2018 at 2:36 AM, Frustr8 said:

A update for Aussie Liz and the rest. I told her in April I would look like her avatar with clenched claws, well 9 weeks after a traditional RnY, I do, my forearms have scrawnies down to Little Old Lady arms, thrilled I have lost 60 pounds since the end of July, but forearms? I thought I ordered smaller belly, rump, thighs, and less "swing on the old back porch", but arms, double chin, cheeks, and grin? Best I can summon today, tired 😏 smirk and sad grieving appearance. Ho ho well, it's still early today!

Hey there! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 Thank you so very much for your update. 60 lbs is a massive effort!! Congratulations 🎉

News my end. I hope to go to Mexicali in March, and have the traditional DS done. It's super hard to organise things from across the world!! Things are so very different even down to a product for the pre op phase😩

I will keep you updated when I know more.

And I will enjoy hearing,of it when it finally happens. Good for you and I pray😷🙏👼It brings success and the proper results.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, Aussie Liz said:

Hey there! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 Thank you so very much for your update. 60 lbs is a massive effort!! Congratulations 🎉

News my end. I hope to go to Mexicali in March, and have the traditional DS done. It's super hard to organise things from across the world!! Things are so very different even down to a product for the pre op phase😩

I will keep you updated when I know more.

Mexicali Bariatric Center is a great place for WLS, especially for the standard of care DS (i.e. two anastomoses). You could not pick a better surgical team or effective procedure! Good luck!

Edited by MarinaGirl