Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so excited! I received my approval today and completed my pre-admissions. My surgery is scheduled for April 25 at 8:00 am. I'm on day four of my liquid diet and so far, I've had no headaches, hunger pains nor have I been "hangry"!!!

untitled.png

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! Hi Surgery Buddy. My surgery is the same day and I am also on day 4 of my clear pre op liquid diet. It's not too bad but I think it is because I am meeting 60 grams of Protein though my Premier Protein shakes (30 grams protein each) and I am taking all of my vitamins/calcium vits as well. I am also drinking 64 oz or more and I am loving Powerade Zero right now. I've only had my two shakes and PowerAde Zero and a cup of Decaf coffee today and I'm not hungry at all. Head hunger is there but I love practicing avoiding that before surgery. My husband doesn't eat around me so he's helping me through it as well. So glad to see someone else on the same journey!!!! Are you doing the sleeve or bypass?

25 minutes ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! Hi Surgery Buddy. My surgery is the same day and I am also on day 4 of my clear pre op liquid diet. It's not too bad but I think it is because I am meeting 60 grams of Protein though my Premier Protein shakes (30 grams Protein each) and I am taking all of my vitamins/calcium vits as well. I am also drinking 64 oz or more and I am loving Powerade Zero right now. I've only had my two shakes and Powerade Zero and a cup of Decaf coffee today and I'm not hungry at all. Head hunger is there but I love practicing avoiding that before surgery. My husband doesn't eat around me so he's helping me through it as well. So glad to see someone else on the same journey!!!! Are you doing the sleeve or bypass?

Hellosurery twin! Im doing the sleeve and about to end day 5 of liquids! I made it through half of the weekend. Ate you nervous, anxious, excited...??

Sorry about the spelling...phone is a mess

Absolutely, I'm a ball of nerves. To get my mind off of the surgery waiting I've started a little game of seeing how many pounds I can lose before the surgery. This helps me not be so anxious. My mother always used to tell me to never wish time away and that every day should be enjoyed. So I am trying to not wish time to fly so the game to see how much weight I can lose counteracts my anxiousness for the surgery to come. I'm 218 right now and have a goal to be 200 or below by the 25th. This way I can look forward to having 11 days to try to drop 18 lbs. It might not happen but at least in the meantime it distracts me.

I'm having the sleeve as well. My Iron already runs low so I really didn't like all the extreme deficiencies that the bypass caused. I know the sleeve has some but I believe that the Vitamins I can take and the Protein I can ingest will counteract most of it.

How are you doing so far? :D

And while you 2 are getting your renovation surgery, I'll be having my mind probed by Dr Kramer, the psychologist at OSU. Wish I could trade places, at least you 2 know what your outcome will be. I'll get through it cause I have to, but I don't have to relish the idea, do I? He is undoubtedly not the ogre I imagine in my mind, May even be a very nice guy. I'm just as wary as a wild animal🐻, can I trust people? I wish I had a sincerity suit to wear.😞

I'm anxious. Trying to find some clear Protein and trying to get some other things completed. It seems like this time has flown by and now its upon me. A friend of mine gave me a wonderful care package...she had surgery last year. She has been my biggest cheerleader. I pray everything works out for us. Give me a minute and I'll post a picture of my care package. She really thought of everything!

15237496915511815268319.jpg

Frustr8 good luck, just remember learn as much about your surgery as possible before speaking with them. They really just want to know if you are aware that it is a lifestyle change and that you need to incorporate diet and exercise and it's not a quick fix. They also want to make sure you know what your surgery and how it works, the positives and the negatives of it, etc.

browneyez42 That looks amazing. We are both doing almost the same exact diet!!!! We really are surgery twins! I hate magnesium citrate but am still going to do the two bottles day before surgery. I love Premier Protein and swear by it. It gets tiresome but I cannot drink Protein Powder I cannot stand the grittiness to it. The premier gives 30 g of Protein a bottle so two meets your daily protein intake and doubles as 22 oz of Fluid intake as well.

7 minutes ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

Frustr8 good luck, just remember learn as much about your surgery as possible before speaking with them. They really just want to know if you are aware that it is a lifestyle change and that you need to incorporate diet and exercise and it's not a quick fix. They also want to make sure you know what your surgery and how it works, the positives and the negatives of it, etc.

browneyez42 That looks amazing. We are both doing almost the same exact diet!!!! We really are surgery twins! I hate magnesium citrate but am still going to do the two bottles day before surgery. I love Premier Protein and swear by it. It gets tiresome but I cannot drink Protein Powder I cannot stand the grittiness to it. The premier gives 30 g of Protein a bottle so two meets your daily Protein intake and doubles as 22 oz of Fluid intake as well.

I swear by Premier Protein shakes. The day before im supposed to have clear protein only and can't find any.

if you can't find clear Protein liquids in your town you might consider ordering f4om the Bariatric Pal Store. Target, Walmart, Meijer in Ohio and Michigan, GNC, Sam's Club, costco . I know Rite Aid pharmacy you can sometimes find single bottles, that way you can try them. until you find something that works for you without being stuck with tastes you hate and a major outlay of money.

3 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

if you can't find clear Protein liquids in your town you might consider ordering f4om the Bariatric Pal Store. Target, Walmart, Meijer in Ohio and Michigan, GNC, Sam's Club, costco . I know Rite Aid pharmacy you can sometimes find single bottles, that way you can try them. until you find something that works for you without being stuck with tastes you hate and a major outlay of money.

Thanks. I was thinking of ordering from Walmart. You're awesome!

That’s a great care package! What a great friend! I would add biotine to that for dry mouth after surgery if you’re going out for other things!

Best of luck- it’s an amazing journey!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 175
5’6”

4 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

That’s a great care package! What a great friend! I would add biotine to that for dry mouth after surgery if you’re going out for other things!

Best of luck- it’s an amazing journey!

GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 175
5’6”

back right side of picture...its there!

Thanks 😉

Great! Such an awesome gift!