Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

High Protein Snack Foods

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

When you're feeling up to it, I have a crispy snack I love. It's not high Protein, but it is low cal, and feels decadent (to me!)

4 - 34 Degree Crackers

1 - Wedge Laughing Cow cheese

Total - 57 calories (3g protein)

Thank you! I hadn't heard about 34 Degree Crackers. I'll have to check them out ;)

5 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Thank you! I hadn't heard about 34 Degree Crackers. I'll have to check them out ;)

I get them at Walmart. They are in the produce/service deli section, above the "specialty" cheese. They are also on WalMart.com, and I'm sure they're many other places as well!

On 4/12/2018 at 9:40 AM, AshAsh1 said:

I make roasted Chick Peas and they are delicious. If you want a crunch, this is it! Here's a link on different ways to spice them!

https://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/roasted-chickpeas-recipe/

Sounds great, but...

How much do you eat?

1/2 cup has 6 Protein and 27 carbs. I just got a sheet from Dr. to keep daily carbs at 50.

7 minutes ago, Francess said:

Sounds great, but...

How much do you eat?

1/2 cup has 6 Protein and 27 carbs. I just got a sheet from Dr. to keep daily carbs at 50.

I usually eat about a 1/2 cup or so. Its a very Fiber rich food. 12 grams per cup, if I recall correctly. It's something I eat as a treat when I'm craving the occasional crunch. I keep track of my carbs, but I'm not on any limit. I usually keep mine under 50 as well. I count this as one of my veggie servings for the day. Nearly all of my carbs come from non starchy vegetables, so if I do happen to have a higher day... I don't worry about it. It's not like processed sugar, Pasta, bread, or even fruit.

I'm afraid to try almonds yet. My pouch is so small (according to what I can eat) that I'm afraid it's still pretty swollen. I've heard that nuts are one of the more difficult foods to process. But, I'll keep that in mind for later. Is there a brand of cheese crisps that you like?

Whisps cheese Snacks are great! I buy mine at Walmart, in the produce department by the salsa. They come in 3 flavors. One serving is 13g of Protein.< br>

3 minutes ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

What about turkey bacon cooked extra crispy?

Good idea. I haven't bought any yet, but I need to ;)

11 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Not crunchy, but high Protein - Trader Joe's Turkey Jerky

1 oz - 60 calories & 11 g Protein

I'll have to decide if Jerky is worth a 25 mile trip! That's the closest Trader Joe's. But jerky is a good idea, at least once I can tolerate meat.

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'll have to decide if Jerky is worth a 25 mile trip! That's the closest Trader Joe's. But Jerky is a good idea, at least once I can tolerate meat.

25 miles is rough! Maybe you can find some other jerky? The only thing is other ones I've looked at have 80 or so calories per oz.

You can't tolerate meat, that's a bummer. You're only 2 weeks behind me, post op!

3 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

You can't tolerate meat, that's a bummer. You're only 2 weeks behind me, post op!

I did manage to eat 1/4 (maybe) of a chicken leg the other night. We cooked it wrapped in foil so that it stayed extra moist. And, of course, I cut it into about 10 pieces! If there's any hint of stringiness, it just gets stuck in my stomach for hours. So Jerky is definitely on my back burner for now. (But I do love it!)

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

I did manage to eat 1/4 (maybe) of a chicken leg the other night. We cooked it wrapped in foil so that it stayed extra moist. And, of course, I cut it into about 10 pieces! If there's any hint of stringiness, it just gets stuck in my stomach for hours. So Jerky is definitely on my back burner for now. (But I do love it!)

Oh yeah, in that case definitely hold off on jerky!

Rotisserie chicken might be an option for you, as its quite soft. Do you eat fish? Lots of good options there.

Edited by Apple203

14 hours ago, Apple203 said:

Rotisserie chicken might be an option for you, as its quite soft. Do you eat fish? Lots of good options there.

I poached some tilapia the other night and was able to eat about an ounce and a half. My husband turned my leftovers into a fish taco. I might be able to eat a bit of rotisserie chicken, thanks for the suggestion!