Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had gastric bypass in february 2018 and i'm having difficulties in eating enough calories does anyone have any suggestions on how to get more ? i eat a lot of chicken breast and Protein puddings and Protein Shakes

I had gastric bypass in february 2018 and i'm having difficulties in eating enough calories does anyone have any suggestions on how to get more ? i eat a lot of chicken breast and Protein puddings and Protein Shakes

I'm in the same boat. I had sleeve surgery and it seems I can't eat anything.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Some programs just concentrate on getting the right amount of Protein. I'd check what your program wants.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

How many calories are you eating and how many does your doctor/nutritionist want you to have?

What is “enough calories?” I only ate 300-400 for several months, got up to maybe 600 by six months out and finished a year at 900.

I eat well over 2000 a day now in maintenance so it didn’t kill my metabolism.

17 hours ago, ChaosUnlimited said:

How many calories are you eating and how many does your doctor/nutritionist want you to have?

i'm eating around 500 and my doctor wants 80 gram of Protein and around 1000 in calories

12 minutes ago, asta1975 said:

i'm eating around 500 and my doctor wants 80 gram of Protein and around 1000 in calories

02/16/2018 two month out from surgery. Sounds about where I was in calories. Are you hitting your Protein goal? Are you able to eat every two to three hours? Concentrate on your protein goal. Calories will increase as you get further out from surgery.

Nuts
High calories high fats

VSG 11/17
HW 270
SW 238
CW 185
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

I wish I had this problem. I'm supposed to be eating 600-800 calories a day and some days it's really hard not to go above 800. I don't know why. I'm not eating carbs, only lean Proteins, but I seem to be hungry like every 2 hours. Sometimes I even wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. STARVING. Anyone else having this problem? I don't know how to keep my calories down without getting hungry. Oh, and I have no problem eating 4 ounces of a lean Protein. Maybe my sleeve isn't small enough.

Ooh, what about Protein Bars? Some are really high in calories and Protein. Premier Protein bars are 290 calories (ouch!) but 30 grams of protein. Might be just what you need if you're allowed to have those on your plan.

Thank you for sharing. I feel better knowing I’m not alone in this. I’m a few days shy of two months out and have this exact problem. I’m focusing on eating Protein only but I can only eat so much before I’m full. I was eating three times a day my dr told me to eat 4 or 5 so now I am getting around 600 Cals but he wants me to 1000. Seems impossible especially when I’m not eating carbs. Protein fills me up really quickly.

On 4/11/2018 at 2:20 PM, asta1975 said:

Check with your doc or nutritionist, but I know it took me about 7-8 months to get to where I was eating more than 800 calories. It was fine as long as I was getting my Protein and hydration. I was eating very low carb, a few months ago the nutritionist said I could increase my carb intake, and now I don't have any issues getting in 1000 calories, sometimes I have to watch that I don't go way over. Carbs are less filling and I find I can eat more of them, but eating them also makes me crave more so it's a double edged sword. It may just take some time time to able to eat more, and the whole point of the surgery is calorie restriction. Take advantage of it while it lasts, don't try to force more, the restriction eases when you get closer to a year.

On 4/11/2018 at 7:39 PM, Arabian78 said:

I wish I had this problem. I'm supposed to be eating 600-800 calories a day and some days it's really hard not to go above 800. I don't know why. I'm not eating carbs, only lean Proteins, but I seem to be hungry like every 2 hours. Sometimes I even wake up at 2 or 3 a.m. STARVING. Anyone else having this problem? I don't know how to keep my calories down without getting hungry. Oh, and I have no problem eating 4 ounces of a lean Protein. Maybe my sleeve isn't small enough.

I think Dr. G uses a Size 32 bougie -- its in the online FAQs. I have an appt next week and I'll double check this. Are you hitting the Water goals? Are you not drinking 30/30? Are you eating fruits & veges? I've heard reflux can mimic hunger, so is that a possibility? Just spit balling. I am sorry you are frequently hungry, that stinks.

On 4/10/2018 at 5:42 PM, asta1975 said:

I wonder if it might be time to eat more real food, less Protein Shakes and pudding?