Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss since surgery

1 hour ago, Amjo said:

If you’re going to make fun of me then don’t comment on my post. I came here seeking help and support, not to be ridiculed.

I know it sounds harsh but for some with strict guidelines this is hard to imagine. Be very careful with your new pouch if something gets stuck in the staple line you will be sorry! FluffyChix is a good person & I’m sure just like the rest of us she hopes you get this figured out before you unintentionally end up hospitalized. Be very careful! It sounds as though you have a very lax surgical group. Again I’m not calling you a liar or trying to judge you but your lack of restrictions in your diet is something rarely heard of on here & is quite unusual. Once again be very careful it takes 8 weeks for your new pouch to heal.

Further to Creekimp13's post, I apologise if anything in my reply came across as offensive. I really hope every single WLS patient is successful in weight loss.

2 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

The OP is FOUR WEEKS out.

You couldn't eat more than 3 teaspoons a month after surgery?

a month out from surgery i was barely working to semi solids solid food didnt start till week 6. seems odd how you are surprised that most people here spend weeks on full liquid thru solid food transition. I see very few post by people who came home and started eating subway and starbucks. and the poster is 4 weeks now but he did not say that he ate his first subway starbucks or chips just today. He clearly implied that this had been his diet so it had stated before he was 4 weeks out.

That is what has everyone so shocked he didnt start it 4 weeks out he was already eating it 4 weeks out

2 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Maybe four years out you'll fall on your arse and won't succeed either. Who knows? How's it feel to be told that?

Did "tough love" ever help you to lose weight? Or did you just see it for the bullying it was?

I need to go work on being constructive some more.

telling someone they are doing great and dont sweat it the food you eat does not matter is much worse than asking someone what the hell were you thinking.

blowing sunshine up his ass will not help him. You dont do him or yourself any favors by just trying to paper over what is clearly behavior and that habits will hurt him now and in the long run.

let me guess how he put the weight on in the first place.

eating fast food - oh he is still doing it

eating processed carbs - oh he is still doing it.

wow - cant even guess what the outcome from that will be.

My post op diet was 1 day Water, 2 weeks fluids, 2 weeks puréed food (2-4 teaspoons each sitting) 2 weeks soft foods then 2 weeks harder foods before starting a normal healthy diet. That's 8 weeks before eating without major restrictions. I personally still haven't tried bread, chips, crisps, rice, Pasta or potatoes and I'm 3 months out. I struggled to eat a few teaspoons at 3-4 weeks and I do find it gobsmacking the OP is able to eat such volume. The choices are poor. Fear alone was enough to put me off. I think appointments with a dietician and therapist are required here.

6 minutes ago, MsTipps said:

My post op diet was 1 day Water, 2 weeks fluids, 2 weeks puréed food (2-4 teaspoons each sitting) 2 weeks soft foods then 2 weeks harder foods before starting a normal healthy diet. That's 8 weeks before eating without major restrictions. I personally still haven't tried bread, chips, crisps, rice, Pasta or potatoes and I'm 3 months out. I struggled to eat a few teaspoons at 3-4 weeks and I do find it gobsmacking the OP is able to eat such volume. The choices are poor. Fear alone was enough to put me off. I think appointments with a dietician and therapist are required here.

Mine was very similar to yours, except I did 3 days Clear Liquids, 2 week full liquids, 3 weeks puréed foods and then hard foods introducing one by one. A month out I could barely get in a few spoonfulls of soft foods. My first soft food was 1 scrambled egg, with salt and a bit of pepper, I could only eat 1/2 of it.

I am not RNY, so I have no experience with RNY eating. As for a sleeved person, at 4 weeks I was constipated regularly (or is that regularly irregular lol) - sooo bread would have contributed to that issue alone and even now I toast my bread unless it is a hard roll because it gets stuck in my sleeve and then - well 'the slimes'!!! But at 4 weeks it was just Protein and 1 T of vegs. No Pasta at all yet. Only 1-2T of rice and that can be iffy too. Dense protein, good fats - like avocado, and vegetables will make you more satisfied - planned Snacks, planned meals. Good luck.

16 hours ago, Amjo said:

So I got my surgery on 3/15 and the first week I lost 5 pounds, which I think was the weight of my stomach that was removed. After two weeks post op I went back to eating solids. I get full fast but am hungry every two hours. I haven’t lost anything after the first week. This is week 4.😩 am I going to lose any weight. This is insane.

15 hours ago, Amjo said:

I usually eat an egg white spinach wrap for Breakfast or a Protein Shake, then maybe 3-4 chicken drummies for lunch and for dinner it varies. I have been drinking Water and eating potato chips. I walk moderately. Despite my calorie intake it is still less than I used to eat before the auto so what’s the problem. And no I’m not 💩 that much.

15 hours ago, Amjo said:

I’m eating a spinach egg white wrap from Starbucks for Breakfast usually sometimes I’ll just have a Protein Shake. I usually walk half a mile to a mile a day. I usually eat 3-4 buffalo drummies from 7/11 for lunch, which equals to 1-2 wings. Then for a snack I may have potato chips. But I’m usually always hungry. I drink in excess of 64oz. Of Water. Sometimes I’ll have subway, half a six inch and chips. I know my diet is not that good but I don’t have time to cook so I usually eat from those places and for dinner I may have a cooked meal. It varies. My point is regardless of what I’m eating it is still less than I used to eat before surgery so why am not losing any weight? I haven’t been 💩 everyday either

Dear OP, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions that this was a serious post. At first I thought it was serious and was like dayum shazum! I've been there with slow weight loss right after surgery too. I can so relate. Then I got to the part about eating a spinach and egg wrap for Breakfast and chicken drummies for lunch and I was like Whah? And then I was hunh???

Then I read your other post about snacking on the chips and sometimes having a six inch subway. And damn my reading comprehension cuz I first read and answered it as you eating a six inch sub--NOT a 3 inch sub--which is bad enough given Subway's fluffy bread. My surgeon explained that fluffy bread and Buns swell in our tummies and cause obstructions. (And btw, despite having no restrictions now, she STILL to this day does not want me to have bread + meat protein--she claims it is a recipe for concrete in my bowels and gives the potential of obstruction.)

Then there was your profile. At the time you posted you only had maybe 10 posts. Sorry, but there are not enough hours or energy in my day to go read your "back story" when you're posting things such as this post. Which I swear never in my life have I read. It defies everything! Logic, etc, can't even spend energy filling in these blanks frankly. I'm still so gobsmacked over your situation. Oh and how bout that "musician's math" that has me rounding down on 3 1/2 weeks to being 3 weeks from surgery. But again, I read this as you eating this stuff from 2 weeks out. Derp. My bad.

ate-subway-1.JPG.095b9e1069402f97b6995321c653eae4.JPG

We don't have any information on you. You have a low post count. We know you started at 300 and are still at 300 and you are 5 ft 7in. We can't really tell if you've had your surgery or not, and none of us have really heard much out of you before. So yeah. I'm going to perhaps assume this is a joke to see who's gonna bite--especially with the proximity to April Fool's. It could have even been an April Fool's post--I didn't check to see the origin date/time. I was too immersed in the tragic train wreck of the contents. So that is why I responded as I did.

This surgery is no joke. I've spent the last 2 years of my life getting my head in the game and trying to adjust and confront my food demons and correct my past relationships with food and eating. And that correction is a daily thing. I do NOT want to be that girl who fuc*s up her surgery. Nor do I want to be that person who thinks that just cuz I magically got 90% of my stomach cut away and a malabsorptive bowel rearrangement added to the mix that I can just go back to eating crap food in small portions and think my fuc*ed up metabolism is gonna allow me to lose weight that way while still eating all the junk I want--in as much quantity as I can shove down my new piehole.

I honestly can't even relate to the person who gets the priveledge of this surgery and the opportunity it provides and who chooses to fu*k it over like you describe. You have a hard core 6 month honeymoon period where your weight loss is the MOST. You've now squandered 4 weeks of that 24 month period (or technically so I'm not hung on mm, you have 4.33 weeks X 6 = 25.98 weeks of honeymoon, and you've squandered over 3.5 weeks of it).

There is not enough help in the world on this board for the mammoth proportions of what you are dealing with. We're not trained professionals. We are human internet schmoes who react and emote. You need your professional team to help you with the magnitude of your issues. Don't wait. Don't squander more precious time. Call your surgeon this morning. Call your RD. Call you psych! Do it now.

Sincerely,

Di*k from Houston

Edited by FluffyChix

9 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

The OP is FOUR WEEKS out.

You couldn't eat more than 3 teaspoons a month after surgery?

I can't speak for allwet, but I'm 6 weeks out and can still only handle a couple tablespoons of solid foods. Literally, last night's dinner was a 1" square of chicken (not thick) and one broccoli floret. I was uncomfortably full. One cheese stick and I'm done.

Once again, I agree with Fluffy Chix. I also rounded down on time since surgery instead of up. And I think it is a real shame to waste the chance this surgery is providing to change your life. But at any rate I don't think we do each other any favors if we aren't gonna reality check each other when we needed. Tough Love is Still Love!

I had my surgery 3/9 and just started soft food 4/6 per the nutritionist at my surgeon's office.

Sincerely,

The Di*K from Gainesville