Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2018 Sleevers in Here?!

On 6/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, annie93 said:

I'm also on Monday. How are you feeling now that we are this close?

I am nervous today! I hope it goes well and I'm not too sick!

Good luck skinnygirl1984! Just remember, even if you feel kinda miserable the first couple days post-op, you won’t always feel that way - it gets better quickly!

Surgery was Thursday June 7th and I am feeling really well. After my episode of severe nausea I have not had anymore. I am drinking at least 35oz of liquid and have eaten cream of wheat. I am feeling very positive about this journey and am so glad I did it. Good luck to everyone having surgery this week.

I had surgery 24 hours ago. I feel good now and pray it continues. Not going to lie, the gas was painful. If you haven’t had surgery yet, take the pain meds they offer the first day. Stay ahead of the pain. I didn’t and I struggled because of it. Hoping to go home today.

Good healing for you Annie 93, you're going into yet another facet of this complicated WLS journey, now you put the good things you have learned into your post-surgery life. And as you keep it moving along you become a beacon for all of us following that samel trail into a healthy future😝

11 hours ago, Kate48 said:

Surgery was Thursday June 7th and I am feeling really well. After my episode of severe nausea I have not had anymore. I am drinking at least 35oz of liquid and have eaten cream of wheat. I am feeling very positive about this journey and am so glad I did it. Good luck to everyone having surgery this week.

Heyyyyyy surgery twin! I’m so glad you’re doing great! That nausea was a beast those first few days. Yuck! I’m trying to get my liquids in too. I haven’t tried anything like the cream of wheat just cause I’m a chicken. But I couldn’t be happier with my decision. All the built up anxiety is finally gone. Again, I’m glad you’re doing great.

Hello fellow June sleevers ! I am a week post op now and feeling great ! I am not recovering anymore since I won't be able to sleep in the afternoon (which was necessary up to that point) and I have no pain whatsoever. I can take care of my 2 year old and walk her to daycare so that's fun.

I feel like I am doing full liquids a little bit too well : I was able to drink about 10 oz of Soup and apple sauce for lunch without issue (I was obv full after). Anyone else can take as much ?

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is on the 19th. First surgery I’ve had since my son was born and I’m a little scared.

Hi ladies!! My surgery is scheduled for June 28th, I’m a basket case trying to get everything in order!!!
But reading these help so much...

1 hour ago, Kimbirain said:

My surgery is on the 19th. First surgery I’ve had since my son was born and I’m a little scared.

Don't even stress. The first night was the worst with gas pains and incision pains. Once you walk and pass gas, you will feel great. I don't need pain pills after the gas passed.

I am drinking Water, tea and broth my first night after surgery. I don't regret this at all.

Glad your surgery went well 😊

Congrats on getting this far in your journey!! My surgery was 6/5/18. I'm officially one week out. Everything went smoothly no pain meds needed after and no nausea at all. I did throw up once about 2 hours after I woke up due to residual blood in my "new" stomach but after that it's been smooth sailing! You'll do great!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, charlotte0606 said:

Hello fellow June sleevers ! I am a week post op now and feeling great ! I am not recovering anymore since I won't be able to sleep in the afternoon (which was necessary up to that point) and I have no pain whatsoever. I can take care of my 2 year old and walk her to daycare so that's fun.

I feel like I am doing full liquids a little bit too well : I was able to drink about 10 oz of Soup and apple sauce for lunch without issue (I was obv full after). Anyone else can take as much ?

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

I started full liquids yesterday and I haven't had any trouble drinking an 11 oz Protein Shake or eating 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, so I think we're both doing fine.