Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2018 Sleevers in Here?!

1 hour ago, jenpa said:

Actually super nervous!!! I haven’t really bought anything... on the 24th I meet with doc& pa they will give me all my instructions & I will go get everything!!! It just seems so close & yet so far... I guess just really nervous about the actual surgery & few weeks after.., hoping for a quick recovery as everyone here!!! Thanks for asking!! Hope all goes well for you:)

I meet with mine on the 21st to do a second pre-op physical, redo blood work, and then go over my medications as to what to stop and what I can take post-op. It'll be here before we know it! I feel like a weirdo, because I'm not nervous at all. I'm just ready to do it.

Just got my date today, 6/11/18. They called in a low dose blood pressure for me to start taking and I have two more appointments and a few more tests before the surgery. I will get my pre-op diet on the 18th. After the VA nightmare to get a CPAP machine, I will just pay my way through the rest. (Turns out if you make them mad by insisting they provide care, they just up the air pressure beyond the RX. Made my patient advocacy complaint, and now I do not want to go back). I have worked two jobs before, I would rather do that and have less stress. Side note, never would have known they had the setting wrong if not for the YouTube video showing how to access the clinical settings. I tried bigger pillow, more humidity, and not lying on my back, but I kept getting chest pain. The last thing I found googling was pressure set to high.

I'm scheduled for June 11th so I'm a week ahead of you. I'm nervous but excited. I'm glad to have another person on the same journey as me.

We have the same date!

I'm scheduled for June 11th so I'm a week ahead of you. I'm nervous but excited. I'm glad to have another person on the same journey as me.

We have the same date!

I know that after my first meeting with the doctor, I start my liquid diet. Then he gives us the papers for all the pre op work that needs to be done like blood work. They suggest Slimfast shakes Or this other brand I can't remember but I have the PDF. It looks really expensive as you have to drink up to 6 a day!

I am getting the surgery out of town but still in my state. I'm seeing dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton Florida and I live in the Tampa Bay area. I'm finding out more information on how it all works This week. My coworker is going to drive down with me and I'm going to put her up in a hotel room while I have the surgery and she will drive me back home. My mother is going to take care of my child while I'm out of town. I thought that would be better then my mom and child coming with me as this won't disrupt their life. Plus, going to Boca in the summer Is super fun so my coworker graciously agreed to it with no additional payment LOL! So she gets to stay at the beach I get to have surgery and she will drive me home with as many stops as we need haha.

I did find out abiut Unjury brand Protein. They have a chicken Soup flavor which sounds amazing as I actually don't like super sugary drinks. I drink my coffee black, I prefer salty Snacks like beef Jerky and almonds, and I'm a little nervous about all the liquid shakes we drink before and after surgery. I found the protein Water clearance on Amazon $9 for 12 bottles of grape protein2o water. So I bought all of it LOL. It actually is pretty good and I think this will help me with my all liquid diet after surgery.

What is everyone else buying? The unjury starter kit I'm ordering after I'm cleared for surgery, I have the protein water, and I plan on getting a couple cases of ready-to-drink Shakes as well. I think I'm on the liquid diet for close to a month? The paperwork again is on my computer. My mom had this surgery six months ago and she was on the liquid diet for about 3 or 4 weeks before she was able to eat. She has no complications as of yet and She's eating all sorts of regular food.

On 5/4/2018 at 5:08 AM, GastricSleeve2018 said:

I know that after my first meeting with the doctor, I start my liquid diet. Then he gives us the papers for all the pre op work that needs to be done like blood work. They suggest Slimfast shakes Or this other brand I can't remember but I have the PDF. It looks really expensive as you have to drink up to 6 a day!

I am getting the surgery out of town but still in my state. I'm seeing dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton Florida and I live in the Tampa Bay area. I'm finding out more information on how it all works This week. My coworker is going to drive down with me and I'm going to put her up in a hotel room while I have the surgery and she will drive me back home. My mother is going to take care of my child while I'm out of town. I thought that would be better then my mom and child coming with me as this won't disrupt their life. Plus, going to Boca in the summer Is super fun so my coworker graciously agreed to it with no additional payment LOL! So she gets to stay at the beach I get to have surgery and she will drive me home with as many stops as we need haha.

I was at Sam's Club earlier in the week, and they have 24 slimfast shakes for $8.99 (3-8packs) next to the Premier Protein shakes. So if they're recommending Slimfast that'd be a good place to go for them, because that's at least 4 days worth of shakes for under $10.

I just got my date for June 15th.... anybody else having trouble sleeping already?! Ive already got the nervous jitters just from knowing its so close!

I’m scheduled for June 7th. Nervous yet ready. Let’s do it!

Yes! June 4th! I’m just trying to figure out what I need to buy...so overwhelmed about the Protein Shakes and unflavored protein!

I’m scheduled for June 7th. Nervous yet ready. Let’s do it!

Good luck!!!

3 minutes ago, deardraya said:

Good luck!!!

Thank you! To you as well! I’m trying to get my shopping list together myself.

Yes does anyone have a list of what your packing I've looked in other forums, so far I've gotten the Gas X strips I saw recommended and the genpro Unflavored Protein. My paperwork said not to over pack or pack light.... Ive always been horrible at packing light...