Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As the weather is finally warming this week, I went through my closet to start storing winter items. This time, I actually culled things that won’t fit when Fall comes again (pants, fitted skirts, etc). I bagged them but won’t take them to donations until A couple of months after surgery. I kept things that can be belted or that would just be a bit baggy (sweaters,stretchy skirts).

I also hung up 3 cute dresses that I bought over the last two years (at consignment/super sales) at next three sizes down from current size. (I have a few pieces of clothing purchased with past optimism. I have a plaid skirt purchased at the LL Bean flagship store in 1994 and my jeans from high school circa 1986).

This culling seemed so much different from past times when I had optimism during past weight loss efforts that ultimately failed, but it was also scary at the same time.

Is it crazy to do this?

I'm having a fire sale. Everything must go! LOL. I'm keeping none of that sh*t except 1 pair of my magic pants for comparisons down the road. They lasted from 325lbs to now. But now they are so big, it's pretty hilarious!

Now I just have to try to find a sale on a new pair of pants to get me to goal!

But as I outgrow stuff, it gets put into the donation bag and I take it to Salvation Army at regular intervals!

I spent a day literally putting thins into donation bags one day- felt AWESOME! Donated 6 bags that’s day :). Already started another

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 178
5’6”

52 minutes ago, Blondietex said:

This culling seemed so much different from past times when I had optimism during past weight loss efforts that ultimately failed, but it was also scary at the same time.

Is it crazy to do this?

Not crazy! Give yourself permission to Celebrate your success!

Don’t worry! You are not the only one! I still have some “thin” clothes from almost 20 years ago hanging around my place just waiting for me to shrink back into them someday, like my favorite Levi’s jeans and a leather jacket I bought when I was in the military. Now I’m super glad that I didn’t get rid of them years ago when I was at my largest size. At the same time I didn’t hold onto my largest clothing to keep. At my largest I split out the backside of 5X pants bending over to pick up a pencil. I got rid of everything that was 4X, 5X and larger years ago. I still hold onto one pair of size 3X pants to compare with. I’ve been in Large to 2XL for a few years now. I have many different sizes of clothes in my closet and dresser. As I lose weight this time I plan to donate all of my larger sizes and not keep them around to fit back into again. I just got my sleeve done on 04April2018. I’m pretty excited for the changes coming up. 💕

I suppose I'm lucky in that I haven't thrown away clothes in about seven years so I still have everything from when I was at my thinnest then through my heaviest two months ago. Then again, I'm a guy so we're not talking about that many clothes. However, once I get under 200 I will buy myself a new suit.

I am only three months out from my VSG but have had to purge every piece of clothing I had. Can't go to work in a 3x polo when a 1x is already loose. I'm a guy that doesn't like shopping so replaceing all the clothing is not fun for me. I kind of wish I kept one set for comparison.

I can't wait to start binning all my old clothes which is weird to say as I'm sure a hoarder! I am avoiding it though until I'm practically on my last pair of jeans. Belts are great, love them and I'm kinda fine rocking baggy. Been doing it all my life.

I am looking forward though to splashing out on a few summery items, nothing fancy, just a few smaller tees and capris so I can really enjoy my walking in the warmer weather. Can't be going aroud in big old baggy jeans then.

Not crazy at all, a gained weight after my first appointment to get the sleeve. Then I got serious after answering all those psych questions. Plus my clothes hurt, but I didn’t want to buy a bigger size. I gave all my medium size shirts to my daughter, but still have my smaller size jeans and work pants because I am shorter than her. My smaller size stuff is cuter and I am excited to wear it again one day...I am one pound away from my weight at my first appointment now.

Good for you FluffyChix and who the hell keep stuff from 1994 throw that **** out and go shopping

It one skirt and it’s only kept as an ultimate goal post.

I have a size 18 dress I'm hoarding, when I finally fit it I'll know I'm getting close to my goal. A 15/16 and 175 lbs. Well,really a 15 cause I never was built like a misses, more a junior. I'm really an oversized Junior but they don't extend to a 27-29 so I gotta reduce my way down to where they run, 3 through 15 and occasionally 17. Clothing boutiques and small shoppes. please stay in business, I'll be there in a year to 18 months![emoji106][emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Let me be clear I don’t want to upset anyone. This is my opinion. I was taught to love myself at any size. I did not have a weight problem growing up I was the typical high school school and all the way up to my 30’s my weight gain started with kids and eating on the run ( yeah blaming kids) but we were constantly at different sports event and traveling so we ate fast foods but to get back on subject . My size was a 18 when I started my journey and now I am a 14 since my 3-22 sleeve. I look at my size 18 and they are hanging off so to be happy like I wanna be I decided yeah I need new clothes I still wanna look good so I was just saying out with the old in with the new I know a lot of people on this site are larger and had to struggle as I did with weight and we are at different stages but congratulations to all who are doing something about it so no shade

12 hours ago, Blondietex said:

It one skirt and it’s only kept as an ultimate goal post.

I have my wedding dress for that! :-)

12 hours ago, frust8 said:

I have a size 18 dress I'm hoarding, when I finally fit it I'll know I'm getting close to my goal. A 15/16 and 175 lbs. Well,really a 15 cause I never was built like a misses, more a junior. I'm really an oversized Junior but they don't extend to a 27-29 so I gotta reduce my way down to where they run, 3 through 15 and occasionally 17. Clothing boutiques and small shoppes. please stay in business, I'll be there in a year to 18 months!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Me, too. Even when I was smaller, I was built like a fire plug - no curves here! Junior all the way.