Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your go to food?

Let's do something fun!;)

So I am 3 weeks and 3 days post-op and I can't get enough fat free refried Beans from La Preferida. I could eat them every day! What are your go to foods now that really satisfy?

Yogurt - still on sf 6 weeks post op

hard boiled egg

scrambled egg whites

grilled chicken

boiled or grilled shrimp

grilled salmon or pangasius

ground turkey

ground turkey Italian sausage

2% cheese slices

2% cottage cheese

steamed broccoli

steamed asparagus

pan grilled mushrooms

cauliflower made into grits, into mash, into roasted, into sauteed, into breaded with lc crumbs and baked

baby spinach and shredded cabbage

zucchini noodles

Is that too many?

Oh and PP Protein Drink RTD chocolate made into SF Peppermint Protein Latte for when I need to get my minimum protein amount up for the day.

That ricotta bake recipe that floats around all of the bari groups and boards was my fave when I was at that stage.

Where I'm at right now, my faves are sashimi (which I can't afford enough to eat regularly, but still, I love it), chicken burgers (my grocery's butcher section has them with feta and spinach mixed in and they're awesome), tuna fish in packets (boring, but I like the convenience, and I appreciate getting so much Protein with so little calories and carbs), and lean grilled pork chops, which I make in a half dozen ways.

Two other things I depended on before I went full solids were FairLife Skim Milk (which is filtered to be lower in carbs and higher in protein than generic skim milk) and Protein2o flavored waters. I was very careful about getting all of my protein and those things helped a ton.

8 minutes ago, etc. etc. etc. said:

That ricotta bake recipe that floats around all of the bari groups and boards was my fave when I was at that stage.

Where I'm at right now, my faves are sashimi (which I can't afford enough to eat regularly, but still, I love it), chicken burgers (my grocery's butcher section has them with feta and spinach mixed in and they're awesome), tuna fish in packets (boring, but I like the convenience, and I appreciate getting so much Protein with so little calories and carbs), and lean grilled pork chops, which I make in a half dozen ways.

Two other things I depended on before I went full solids were FairLife Skim Milk (which is filtered to be lower in carbs and higher in Protein than generic skim milk) and Protein2o flavored waters. I was very careful about getting all of my protein and those things helped a ton.

I will second the tuna packets and FairLife milk!

Poached salmon with dill, honey and garlic.

1 egg omelette with a slice of American cheese and two slices of thin deli meat.

Cottage cheese with pears

Protein Shakes, tuna fish pouches, egg whites, pickles, and gazpacho (I whip it up in my little blender "a la minute").

Steel cut oats with pecans and berries. Ate this nearly every day for weeks.

Now it's avocado toast. Love it all kinds of fancy ways, but plain with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper and red pepper flakes is fantastic. A little melted swiss on there is lovely, too.

Mainstay....is chicken breast. I bake a whole bunch of breasts with salt and pepper and use the chicken cubes for all sorts of stuff. In salads, in veggie Soup, in refried Beans, made into curry, stir fry, etc...

Also very fond of stuffed peppers. Lean ground round with brown rice and topped with tomatoes with chilis, cillantro and lime. I cut them sideways to lay in the pain flatter so they cook all the way through. I eat about a quarter of a pepper and I'm stuffed. They keep in the fridge for days without getting blinky, and you can freeze them, too.

Veggie soup is a go-to. Cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery, peppers, tomatoes, and usually a can or two of chick peas:)

Steak slices. Good with eggs, good in Caesar salad, good in a taco salad, good by themselves for snacking:)

Nine months post op today and I still start every day with a Premier Protein mixed with Decaf and benefiber. Sometimes I add a scoop of vital Proteins marine collagen. It takes me about 40 minutes to drink it all so I feel like I’m having a nice long binge. [emoji23]

Premier caramel in coffee, boiled eggs, string cheese, yogurts (breakfast and lunch)

Nuts and dried fruit (snacks)

Legumes, veggies, Salmon or lamb (dinner)

VSG 11/17

HW 270

SW 238

CW 185

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

I'm 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I too am eating refried Beans, but I love egg whites and also cottage cheese.

I'm 9 months post op and everyday for breakfast Premier Protein, yogurt for lunch. I still have a hard time eating chicken, rice, ground turkey any type of meat at this point and rice, spaghetti.