Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest coments you've gotten since WLS

The other day my girl friends and I went to a bar/restaurant and they ordered drinks upon entering. I said, "nothing for me". Later she brought us our menus and their drinks. The waitress didn't say anything then, but eventually said "So why aren't we drinking anything? Why aren't you hydrating? Fluids are friends!" I told her I don't eat and drink at the same time. It seemed to suffice her curiosity. But it made me think that there has to be some weird stuff people have heard!

I had a family member ask to see my incisions (this person was neither a child or someone qualified to judge how I was healing). Otherwise it hasn't really come up and I've only told a small number of people and everything else has been explained as "I'm on a diet."

My brothers wanted to see my loose belly and arm skin over Easter...to tease me about it. We're in our 40's/50's. My family has a very twisted self deprecating sense of humor, and a couple of them work in health care. (and yes, I showed them...just to make them flee in horror..lol) Have to say though, one of them said....that's not too bad! And told me I didn't need plastic surgery. Which I took as an extremely odd.....could only happen in my family....compliment.

My brothers wanted to see my loose belly and arm skin over Easter...to tease me about it. We're in our 40's/50's. My family has a very twisted self deprecating sense of humor, and a couple of them work in health care. (and yes, I showed them...just to make them flee in horror..lol) Have to say though, one of them said....that's not too bad! And told me I didn't need plastic surgery. Which I took as an extremely odd.....could only happen in my family....compliment.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m nine months post-op tomorrow. Someone called me “tiny” today. First time I’ve been called that in a non-ironic way! Very strange to hear and difficult to comprehend.

Are you fat or are you just tall? Are you sick or losing weight? Gosh your hair is red! You Are a woman , aren't you? Gosh it is You, I thought you were dead!,

There's something strange about

you, isn't there?

Answers

1 Both ,thank you very much. Are you smart-Aleck or do you just don't care?

2. No sicker than usual for our age, I am however losing weight.

3 No same color it's been since I was 12, more or less. You've known me for 50+ years, don't tell me you've forgotten.

4. My late husband and doctor said I am, who am I to argue with such intelligent men?

5 No I'm still alive, were you worried you' d missed my obituary and funeral?

6. Nope no stranger then usual, how about you for asking?

And the day isn't over yet![emoji85][emoji87][emoji86] And alas I am still pre surgery, think how my Job's Comforters will circle around when it's finally done![emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Now you can be a stripper (wtf?!?!) and now you can find a boyfriend , its not like youre ugly (smh friemies)

VSG 11/17
HW 270
SW 238
CW 185
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

I’m nine months post-op tomorrow. Someone called me “tiny” today. First time I’ve been called that in a non-ironic way! Very strange to hear and difficult to comprehend.

I know right ...a few of my family members have called me skinny. I told them they are not allowed to call me skinny, because technically, even if I get to my goal weight of 170 I would still be classified as overweight [emoji23]

I know right ...a few of my family members have called me skinny. I told them they are not allowed to call me skinny, because technically, even if I get to my goal weight of 170 I would still be classified as overweight [emoji23]

Ha! I said the same. Can’t call me skinny until I am a “normal” weight. Darn BMI!

Tealael--' you could have had a whole stable of boy friends, had you really wanted that! You didn't just crawl out of an ugly cage after all! And who wants to become a stripper ? their professional lifetime isn't that long. Girlfriend, you got better things to do with your time[emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a customer ask about how the surgery is done and some of the post-op instructions. She's a psychologist and was curious about the process. When I explained how little I'm allowed to eat at a time, and this was still during the liquid only post-op phase, she says "who was your surgeon, Hitler?"

Disclaimer... she is a very religious Jewish woman, with a very harsh and sarcastic sense of humor.

“Are you eating enough, you look tired” always makes me laugh. I usually say “yes I had weight loss surgery etc” and I get a resounding “oh....*stops talking*” ☺️