Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lindstorm Obesity Advocacy - Help

Has anyone used Lindstorm before and had a positive outcome? I am at the end of my rope with my insurance. They denied my ore determination, denied my peer to peer, now I have an urgent appeal that was submitted yesterday. The reason they are denying is my current EGD shows no sign of erosion, slippage, or reflux. In the appeal letter that I sent them yesterday I explained that the EGD wouldn’t show reflux because I take liquid Zantac daily to prevent it. I am completely lost.

Sorry to say, but your argument has holes in it. Zantac won't necessarily preclude showing esophageal erosion or reflux. LOL. I'd been on Zantac, and omeprazole for literally years and years lol, and my EGD showed pre-cancerous changes in the esophagus and duodenum as well as gastritis in the stomach--despite medicating morning and night.

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Sorry to say, but your argument has holes in it. Zantac won't necessarily preclude showing esophageal erosion or reflux. LOL. I'd been on Zantac, and omeprazole for literally years and years lol, and my EGD showed pre-cancerous changes in the esophagus and duodenum as well as gastritis in the stomach--despite medicating morning and night.

Can you explain how my argument has holes in it? I know that I suffer from reflux. I have for the past two years. I have a ER visit were I was diagnosed with GERD as well as a previous EGD that showed the reflux.

And I thought this was a positive community. 😊😊😊😊

Edited by Brttnyj89

Because your argument that A equals B is a false assumption. I just illustrated it. I took Zantac + Omeprazole and STILL had EGD evidence of GERD disease and inflammatory changes which occur over time.

LOL. This is a forum. People have MANY, MANY differing opinions. This is not the Lollipop Guild where everyone mimics and reflects each other with rainbows and unicorns. You were ranting about your insurance and seeking people who could sustain your position. But your position is an erroneous one. I can see why your insurance would deny your claim. Unless you can support your position with empirical recent evidence, then you could "theoretically" just be making it all up. Despite the history you have, you are not currently showing signs of disease per the EGD.

Edited by FluffyChix

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Because your argument that A equals B is a false assumption. I just illustrated it. I took Zantac + Omeprazole and STILL had EGD evidence of GERD disease and inflammatory changes which occur over time.

LOL. This is a forum. People have MANY, MANY differing opinions. This is not the Lollipop Guild where everyone mimics and reflects each other with rainbows and unicorns. You were ranting about your insurance and seeking people who could sustain your position. But your position is an erroneous one. I can see why your insurance would deny your claim. Unless you can support your position with empirical recent evidence, then you could "theoretically" just be making it all up. Despite the history you have, you are not currently showing signs of disease.

As much as I appreciate your input I do not need the negativity. So please find someone else’s parade to rain on.

I think you would need a letter from a physician stating why your egd did not show symptoms of reflux. An insurance company is not likely to change a decision based upon what we as patients tell them.

Is there a way you can have the physician document your persistent GERD and why it is not showing up on the EGD and have them send that to your insurance? It may carry a bit more heft.

She has! It’s also in all of my lapband notes!

4 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

I think you would need a letter from a physician stating why your egd did not show symptoms of reflux. An insurance company is not likely to change a decision based upon what we as patients tell them.

Is there a way you can have the physician document your persistent GERD and why it is not showing up on the EGD and have them send that to your insurance? It may carry a bit more heft.