Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just over 3 months post sleeve

IMG_6799.JPG

Had my sleeve on 12/27/17. Down over 80 pounds now. Can’t say enough positive things about this procedure and what it’s done for me. On a mission to spread the word!!

i really do wish i would have had the courage to do pre-op pictures but i have spent so many years avoiding the camera and mirrors that i just could not go there.

If i could send back 1 message to the old me it would be take that picture and know you will never be that person again.

GS has changed so much of my life and i want to shout it from the roof tops.

and for all those that say "i cheated or took the easy route" i just say come spend the day with me and follow my routine and eat what i eat and see if anything i do is "easy" the surgery is a tool but it does not just give you a new life. You have to work for it.

On 4/5/2018 at 1:21 PM, allwet said:

i really do wish i would have had the courage to do pre-op pictures but i have spent so many years avoiding the camera and mirrors that i just could not go there.

If i could send back 1 message to the old me it would be take that picture and know you will never be that person again.

GS has changed so much of my life and i want to shout it from the roof tops.

and for all those that say "i cheated or took the easy route" i just say come spend the day with me and follow my routine and eat what i eat and see if anything i do is "easy" the surgery is a tool but it does not just give you a new life. You have to work for it.

It isn't a question of courage. The past two times when I have started a weight loss journey, I always took before photos. I made a conscious decision not to do it this time. I want to leave the morbidly obese person I was behind me and never to be looked at again. I don't want reminders of the pain and misery of obesity. I just want to focus on the journey. I will always know how I looked as the " fat guy." I don't need other people's validation to know that I am succeeding.

I'm not sure people who post pictures are necessarily looking for validation. Rather, I suspect most look for inspiration and motivation. To see in themselves what they can and will be like months or years down the road. I don't advocate for or against anyone's decision to do what makes them feel comfortable. For me being a fatguy will always be a part of me. As "they" say, your stomach is operated on, not your brain. Old habits take a long time to modify or change, so for me--sharing, motivating, participating in discussions to help myself and others is the journey I am most comfortable with.

As far as I am concerned, we are all in this together and should try to help and support each other in whatever way possible to meet and maintain our goals. Pictures or no pictures..whatever works for you.

4 hours ago, fatguysurvival said:

I'm not sure people who post pictures are necessarily looking for validation. Rather, I suspect most look for inspiration and motivation. To see in themselves what they can and will be like months or years down the road. I don't advocate for or against anyone's decision to do what makes them feel comfortable. For me being a fatguy will always be a part of me. As "they" say, your stomach is operated on, not your brain. Old habits take a long time to modify or change, so for me--sharing, motivating, participating in discussions to help myself and others is the journey I am most comfortable with.

As far as I am concerned, we are all in this together and should try to help and support each other in whatever way possible to meet and maintain our goals. Pictures or no pictures..whatever works for you.

I always find people's before and after pictures to be a source of inspiration for me personally. To me they are a testament to what you can accomplish through lifestyle change and hard work. And I whole heartedly agree, these forums should facilitate meeting likeminded people and serve as a safe supportive environment.

6 hours ago, fatguysurvival said:

Thank you for posting those inspirational photos! You're looking good!

On 4/10/2018 at 11:06 AM, fatguysurvival said:

I am sorry. I didn't mean to come off as judgemental. I should have clarified that the reasons I took the before pictures was to get validation from other people because I felt so crappy and insecure about myself.

Good job sir!!! Looking slimmer!