Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m Interested-What Kind/Brand Of Protein Is Everyone On?

I’m currently taking Max Muscle Pro Elite Protein. I drink it with Unflavored Almond Milk. It’s amazing stuff! I have 4 different flavors I drink. It’s nice to be able to switch it up! Max Muscle makes their Protein in many different flavors and they all taste pretty good for being protein. powder mixes really good too! Even mixes good with water!
So what is everyone else on. Brand? Flavor? Does it taste good or nasty?

Ymmn it does sound good, so much I see of the premade is chocolate and I'm violently allergic to that. Maybe powdered with almond milk would be a good option. Still lurking for brands then I can make an informed choice when closer.[emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I think everyone’s go too is chocolate and vanilla. Iv always had that for years and got tired of it.

Almond milk isn’t that bad...And this is coming from a guy who normally drank Vitamin D milk with my kids all the time!

My Max Muscle Flavors are....

Cinnamon Roll
Peanut Butter Chocolate
Blueberry
Cake Batter

Gonna buy Orange tomorrow!

I love 1st Phorm’s natural line. It’s thin, you can mix it with Water, and it’s easy to drink. I have the strawberry one. :)

https://1stphorm.com/products/protein-powder/isolate-protein/phormula-1-natural

I love 1st Phorm’s natural line. It’s thin, you can mix it with Water, and it’s easy to drink. I have the strawberry one. [emoji4]

https://1stphorm.com/products/protein-powder/isolate-protein/phormula-1-natural

Cool, Im gonna check that Protein out!

Premier Protein RTD (vanilla, chocolate, bananas and cream, peaches and cream-just meh on this)

Premier Protein Clear (fruit punch)

Isopure powders (unflavored, banana cream, vanilla cream, Dutch chocolate)

Syntrax Nectar (lemon iced tea, fuzzy navel, grapefruit)

At 6 weeks out, I still have these left over. I only use about 6oz per day as coffee creamer, so I'm really only still actively using the Premier Protein RTD drinks from Sam's or costco.

14 hours ago, MACPOWER said:

Cool, Im gonna check that Protein out!

It’s the best I’ve found so far! I think I’ve tried 7-8 different kinds since surgery!

Lately I mostly use Premier Protein (caramel, banana, and strawberries & cream flavors, in order of preference). I also drink Protein2O sometimes (grape, mixed berry, or tropical coconut) and occasionally buy the Isopure waters if I really need a Protein boost (they're expensive, but they're 40g of protein in 20oz of water).

I also have a tub of Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino flavor (before surgery, I liked a lot of their flavors, but this is the only one I can tolerate now because the rest are far too sweet) and a tub of Equate (AKA generic Walmart brand) chocolate, which is also too sweet. I've found the Premier isn't as cloyingly sweet, so I've been using that more than the powders, even though it works out to be more expensive.

I mix the powders with either skim (usually) or unsweetened almond milk (when I have it).

Iv drank so many different kinds of Protein Drinks over many years...Iv become so used to the typical Protein taste! It pretty much sucks! Lol

I started drinking protein when I was in the 9th grade...that was like ugh 22 years ago! So I have seriously probably tried 100’s of different kinds of protein over those years....My #1 conclusion...there is yet to be a Protein Drink that I can honestly say...”Wow, this is so good I could drink it all the time” LOL!

So I’m always looking for others and interested in what other people like.

Side Note-Some flavors of Isopure RTD Protein Juice/Water is actually pretty good. It’s just so freaking expensive!

I recently tried the powdered form of Premier Protein (chocolate flavor), and it was terrible. Oddly enough, the pre-made chocolate shake wasn’t too bad. I also like the strawberry premier Protein, but the last one I drank ended up being lumpy and stuck to the bottom of the carton. I didn’t notice until I drank the liquid sitting on top of it. I ended up getting pretty sick that night, so I’m not sure if it was related.

I can say that I like the flavor of the total lean chocolate shakes, so I am going with them until my surgery on 4/16. I also have my bariatric clinics version, which is lactose free, and I’m saving that for after surgery. The taste is a bit more tame and you only have to mix it with 4oz of Water.< br>

Height: 5’6
BMI: 37
VSG scheduled for 4/16/18
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

I’m noticing that the Premier Protein is a popular Protein for people. Is that because it’s usually a RTD? Ready To Drink

I’m currently taking Max Muscle Pro Elite Protein. I drink it with Unflavored Almond Milk. It’s amazing stuff! I have 4 different flavors I drink. It’s nice to be able to switch it up! Max Muscle makes their Protein in many different flavors and they all taste pretty good for being Protein. powder mixes really good too! Even mixes good with water!
So what is everyone else on. Brand? Flavor? Does it taste good or nasty?

Check to make sure you’re using their whey protein isolate the vegan ones don’t metabolize as well. I use their vanilla cream in my coffee

Check to make sure you’re using their whey Protein isolate the vegan ones don’t metabolize as well. I use their vanilla cream in my coffee

Mine has Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Micellar Casein Protein and Potassium Caseinate Protein