Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 Liquid Pre-Op diet and I am losing my ....

Omg, y'all, today is day 1 of my 2 week liquid only diet and I am freaking starving!! I've had 3 Protein Shakes and chicken broth and I am tired, grumpy, and downright hangry! Friends, please tell me it gets easier?!
Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

It does, try SF popsicles, it was a life saver for me! Stay with it, about day three I wasn't starving anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel your pain...I am on day 2 of the 14 day pre-op diet and I am STARVING!! I haven't felt this hungry in forever! I'm grumpy, I'm tired and in a fog. I just want to take a nap until surgery day. I dream of chewing (and cheese!)

It gets a little easier but no doubt it is tough. The only advice I can give is that if you need to cheat for your sanity, cheat with something that has Protein (eggs, chicken, steak) rather than bread or sugar. The point of this low cal high protein diet is to shrink your liver through Ketosis. At least high protein (low carb) cheat keeps you on that path.

Girl, I hear you! I am on day 3 and tonight I have a pretty bad Headache. I just hope that we are not this hungry during the liquid phase after surgery, lol.

Height: 5’6

BMI: 37

VSG scheduled for 4/16/18

GW: 160

MFP: Fit4LifeAR

I imagine that to be difficult. My family remains on their own over a year later. I cook sometimes but when I do it’s hidden healthy stuff.....suckers!!! You will do fine though. I’m praying for you!

14 hours ago, MNgirl1234 said:

Omg, y'all, today is day 1 of my 2 week liquid only diet and I am freaking starving!! I've had 3 Protein Shakes and chicken broth and I am tired, grumpy, and downright hangry! Friends, please tell me it gets easier?!

It will get easier.. trust me...hang in there MNgirl1234!

The diet you've started is designed to shrink the size of your liver which is, if you're like most bariatric patients, fatty and overly large. Since your stomach is behind your liver, your surgeon will have to lift it up and out of the way in order to operate on your stomach. The smaller you can get that liver, the easier it is for your surgeon and the less time you'll spend on the operating table. The first 3-4 days are the toughest. Your body adjusts somewhat after that and things get easier. Good luck!

1 hour ago, MNgirl1234 said:

Hey Glamgirl, how are you feeling post-op?

1 hour ago, MNgirl1234 said:

Hey Glamgirl, how are you feeling post-op?

feeling SORE! so sore! in hospital 2 nights 3 days. they did a lot to me thats for sure all the procedures were successful but when i got home from hospital yesterday, i weighed myself in the evening and the scale said i gained 12 pounds!!! i was freaking out especially when I've been on a liquid diet all week and at hospital all i drank was Water for 3 days! i emailed my surgeon to let him know. But then today i weighed myself again and i dropped 5 pounds of the12 pounds i gained but I weighed much less at liquid phase. So i hope to get some answers on this. Some have said they bulk you up with so many liquids at hospital that it makes you gain weight and that i should wait a week or two and i will lose it. but I hope to feel better in the next few days . I knew i would have pain... but its all worth it , right? ;) But Im trying my best to get all my liquids in too. All 3 procedures took about 2 hours in the operating room. So glad to be home!