Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I doing this right?

Okay... need some guidance/confirmations here....I’m in full liquid /purée stage...

Surgery was Tuesday, went home Friday, started purée Saturday, and it’s Sunday...

Yesterday I had:

Apple sauce for breky (i found it takes my blood thinner med and dissolves well, plus I can finish the whole little cup, so I can ensure I get all my med)

About half an Atkins Protein Shake for lunch

Some Campbell’s Tomato bisque for lunch (only had a few bites)

More shake in the afternoon,

Apple sauce for dinner (wasn’t really hungry)

And some vanilla pudding with Protein powder mixed in for dessert.

Thoughts?

I got about the same today, different Soups.

Yesterday got about 40’oz of Water / sugar free Powerade... today approaching 60oz...

I feel like I’m progressing okay... but my

Folks (who I’m staying with during recovery) more so my mom is on me every 20-30 minutes nagging about diet and what I’m eating...

telling me to calendar because I can’t decide what to eat...

I’m having trouble deciding what to eat because I have little appetite so I’m trying to decide on something that won’t make me Nauseated as I try to force it down cause I know I need to eat...

I’m a DS

HW 405

SW 368

CW 359

They won’t understand but mean well.

Just concentrate on your Protein Shakes and Water right now. Don’t worry about food

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180
CW 180
5’6”

Most surgeons have patients on a liquid for a week or two after surgery. So, don't be afraid of just haveing Protein drinks/broth.
Whatever you do make, don't forget you can add unflavored Protein Powder to it to bump up the protein amount.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 2 weeks post-op & still on a full liquids, only 1/3 cup per meal. I know every surgeon has their own diet & nutrition plan to follow after, so just make sure you are following their guidelines. You said you had half of this, some of that, etc. Are you measuring your food?

You should definitely plan ahead & log your food & the amount you're eating. We don't have the luxury of eating whatever we feel like or crave anymore. ;)

12 hours ago, lovemy2girls said:

I’m on day 6 feeling horrible, I’m hungry.. feeling depressed and not sure what to do since I’m on liquids

Winston Churchill said, "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

We've all been there. You are not alone.

And if you have a devil chasing you, keep moving and don't look back!😈

well i was so excited to start puree foods today,almost 2 wks post op & i had a scrambled egg,which i have been looking forward to all wk,and it was not so good to me.it is so crazy how ur tastebuds can chg.i hope the rest of the meals today taste better.

Planning and measuring meals is a good idea. Helps when you move to solid foods too, especially since you’re going to be eating 1/6th of any recipe and that means scheduling/rotating meals to not waste leftovers.