Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

Had my sleeve on May 8th

On 5/24/2018 at 2:49 PM, PTP said:

Mines too

How are to u doing PTP ? Congratulations on ur new journey !

I was sleeve on the 23 of May 2018 as well. Today 5/27/18 I still have those very uncomfortable gas cramps, not to much pain. I can hold down Water and veggie broth only , if i drink Powerade I get dehydrated very quickly.

Hi May Sleevers! I'm new to the forum and am 5 days post op (surgery 5/23/18). Glad to be on this journey with all of you!

I’m 4 days post op now and feeling pretty good. I’ve been needing my pain pills less and less. I’m staying with my mom and dad while I recover.

I was surprised because when my mom started browning some ground beef on Saturday for their dinner (def not for me haha) I got suuuper nauseated at the smell of it and had to stay in the guest room with the door closed until they put it away. I really thought I was going to vomit after smelling it. This really surprised me because food smells have never really made me feel sick to my stomach before.

Overall I am doing pretty well - I’ve just been surviving on sugar free popsicles, broth, and some other fluids. I can’t wait until I am cleared for full liquids (hopefully my surgeon will give me the go-ahead on Friday).

Also it’s really bizarre to feel full after drinking some Water and eating some ice chips...!

I will hopefully have the sleeve on June 4th crossing my fingers on insurance

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on May 16th and have had a rough go of it. A day or two after I got home I starting having these intense heartburn 10/10 pains for hours at a time. I went to the ER the following Monday and found out I had to have emergency gall bladder surgery which happened on May 21st. I spent about 30 hours in 8/10 or higher pain. It go to the point where I was screaming in pain for hours on end. I have never hurt so bad in my life. I was never given a clear explanation as to why this happened to me. Prior to sleeve I was completely healthy outside of my obesity and low Vitamin D. I now have these bruises popping up all over my body. I called the surgeon yesterday and he's wondering if I have a bleeding disorder. I have NEVER had issues with bleeding. I'm supposed to try and have a f/u this week with someone on the team. I had some heartburn and vomited on Saturday so he also told me to stay on full liquids for a couple more days because I may not be quite ready (I'd had an egg, a table spoon of Peanut Butter, and an ice pop that day). I guess the good news is that I've lost 19lbs since my surgery. Overall though, I feel discouraged about this whole process and hope that in a couple of weeks I feel more normal. Right now I feel physically weak and every time I have even a minor pain I'm afraid it's going to turn into that 10/10 pain I had prior to the gallbladder surgery.

Hello Everyone! I was sleeved 5/24 and recovery is getting better every day. The first day was pretty bad in terms of pain and nausea for me but much better 4 days out now.

How soon after surgery did you have your first BM? Lol. I have lost probably only two pounds. I started my period 2 days ago plus the lack of BM may have something to down with it?

3 minutes ago, cheesefiend said:

Hello Everyone! I was sleeved 5/24 and recovery is getting better every day. The first day was pretty bad in terms of pain and nausea for me but much better 4 days out now.

How soon after surgery did you have your first BM? Lol. I have lost probably only two pounds. I started my period 2 days ago plus the lack of BM may have something to down with it?

I am still pre-op but I was advised not to weigh myself for at least a week post op as you are still really swollen and retaining Water from undergoing surgery. So that is probably what is going on.

6 minutes ago, cheesefiend said:

Hi, cheesefiend

I was sleeved on 5/23/18 my case is kind of the same first two days really horrible could not keep anything down. Started my period on the 25 of May . I guess it is what it is, Right ? BM have not had one yet. Some food odors cause me to have lots of nausea which is weird. And yes do not weight ur self yet we still have lots of that bodyt IV fluids in our bodies.

Meggs...Thanks! I remember my surgeon saying that too now. I’ll be waiting patiently 😂

Agree with the above. The surgeon told to not weigh myself until my 1st post op appt. I am 5 days post op. No BM yet- taking Miralax and Simethicone (stopped Dulcolax). It’s still REALLY painful drinking liquid. Managed to finish a cup of Greek yogurt today- yay!

7 hours ago, fullfiguredmonty said:

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on May 16th and have had a rough go of it. A day or two after I got home I starting having these intense heartburn 10/10 pains for hours at a time. I went to the ER the following Monday and found out I had to have emergency gall bladder surgery which happened on May 21st. I spent about 30 hours in 8/10 or higher pain. It go to the point where I was screaming in pain for hours on end. I have never hurt so bad in my life. I was never given a clear explanation as to why this happened to me. Prior to sleeve I was completely healthy outside of my obesity and low Vitamin D. I now have these bruises popping up all over my body. I called the surgeon yesterday and he's wondering if I have a bleeding disorder. I have NEVER had issues with bleeding. I'm supposed to try and have a f/u this week with someone on the team. I had some heartburn and vomited on Saturday so he also told me to stay on full liquids for a couple more days because I may not be quite ready (I'd had an egg, a table spoon of Peanut Butter, and an ice pop that day). I guess the good news is that I've lost 19lbs since my surgery. Overall though, I feel discouraged about this whole process and hope that in a couple of weeks I feel more normal. Right now I feel physically weak and every time I have even a minor pain I'm afraid it's going to turn into that 10/10 pain I had prior to the gallbladder surgery.

Wow, I know it's rough to be recovering from two surgeries at the same time! I had my gallbladder removed 1 1/2 years before VSG. I agree that the pain is excruciating. Worst I've ever felt by far! I guess the good news is you'll never have to do it again. I hope your recovery goes quickly and you're feeling better soon. It will help a lot when you can eat real food.

27 minutes ago, HappyLife4Me said:

Wow, I know it's rough to be recovering from two surgeries at the same time! I had my gallbladder removed 1 1/2 years before VSG. I agree that the pain is excruciating. Worst I've ever felt by far! I guess the good news is you'll never have to do it again. I hope your recovery goes quickly and you're feeling better soon. It will help a lot when you can eat real food.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It's what I need to get my optimism back up!

I was sleeved May 23rd and it went smoothly. I woke up pain free. A few hours after surgery I was brought a large cup of Water and told to drink what I could. I remember feeling the cold water going through my empty intestines. lol I have always been a huge water drinker and so I started out little sips. The next day I realized I could drink a bit more without it bothering me. So I pretty much kept my cup in my hand and sipped all day while watching tv. I drank 4- 32 ounce cups of ice water that day hailing me the official name "Sponge". I did have to stay 2 nights because of my fluxuating heart rate/high bp, a problem that I have had for a year. When I got out on Friday I went to my nephews house, my brothers house, my folks house, and grocery shopping for our trip to our lake house the following day. It is an hour away and doctor said I had to stop halfway and walk a bit because of a blood clot I had a few years ago. He also told me I could wade in the lake, but no higher than knee high, which I did. I cleaned our place and entertained 13 people, some of whom had no idea I had it done until someone else mentioned it last nite. I forgot to mention that before I left on Friday the dietician was there with the doctor. She told me I could have 1 Protein Shake on Sunday onl while my company was there, grilling and eating. Yeah, right. Two medicine cups was way too much. I felt like I had just had a huge Thanksgiving dinner and went for that one last "little piece of pie". Today when I tried broth I finally felt the gas pain everyone is talking about! ugh... No more Protein Shakes for me... yet! Good luck everyone!