Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

27 minutes ago, tiffani_burns said:

Anyone have problems with spams in their stomach post op? If so what makes them stop????

Yes!!! They are terrible!! I’m less than two weeks post op and am in the “soft food” stage. It seems to happen when I eat something that isn’t super soft like cottage cheese or scrambled eggs. Our doctor told us that the stomach works to grind food so that’s my best guess.

Mine are happening when I am asleep. I am still on liquids too. They are so unbearable.

36 minutes ago, tiffani_burns said:

Mine are happening when I am asleep. I am still on liquids too. They are so unbearable.

Tiffany, I’m so sorry. Have you checked in with your doctor or nurse?

It just started last night so I hadn’t. I’m prolly not getting enough Fluid in.

2 hours ago, tiffani_burns said:

Anyone have problems with spams in their stomach post op? If so what makes them stop????

Hi Tiffani

I know the medication buscopan helps relieve stomach spasms - not sure if it’s effective after gastric sleeve surgery. It may be known under a different name in America. Check with your pharmacy.

They gave me something to put under my tongue it helps it to go away. Just wish something would prevent them. Maybe it will get better. 🤞

13 hours ago, Fady said:

I’m 2 days away and I’m so ready. I’m just worried as I gotta travel and go back to work only 6 days post op... anyone did the same? Went back to work in 6-7 days post op?

I went back 8 days post op and I was just fine. I am at my desk for most of the day so take that into consideration. Good luck!

I am 11 days post op. And I find myself feeling a bit down. Part of it is because of this liquid diet that I'm so over. I have to force myself to drink liquids because I'm so over it. But another part is I feel a void that cannot be filled. I underestimated Just how challenging this was going to be Mentally. It's crazy but I actually started having thoughts of regret thinking about how I can't eat the way I used to. I've been writing in my journal and that's helped but I just wonder if anyone else is feeling the same way.

@dede1118 had my surgery last Saturday...and to be honest I’m exactly like you so Over this liquid diet asking my self why did I do this I couldn’t finish my 2 bottles of Protein I’m super full with 3 or 4 sips ..I’ve already cried like 5 times it’s so hard and I’m emotional

@Controvento It's Comforting to know that I'm not alone. My husband has a naturally athletic build and so he can't really relate. But I'm glad that we all have this outlet to express what we're going through. I'm sure we'll feel better when we're off this liquid diet. If anybody even says the word Soup I'm punching them in the throat lol JK

@dede1118 lol that’s what I told my sisters today because my husband made me chicken Soup and just see it and I don’t want to drink any now even the Water just makes me nauseous just by looking at it ....I have a few friends that had it done and they tell me please hang in there it will get better yesterday I was even thinking of eating then I was crying then I got it together and said to my self why try to it if I can’t even drink more then 2 onces of water or Protein 😔I found this app a couple of days ago I’m still learning how to use it but i think it’s a great app and like you said at least i know I’m not the only one feeling like this and that i could talk to people that are feeling the way I am ..thank you

2 hours ago, dede1118 said:

I am 11 days post op. And I find myself feeling a bit down. Part of it is because of this liquid diet that I'm so over. I have to force myself to drink liquids because I'm so over it. But another part is I feel a void that cannot be filled. I underestimated Just how challenging this was going to be Mentally. It's crazy but I actually started having thoughts of regret thinking about how I can't eat the way I used to. I've been writing in my journal and that's helped but I just wonder if anyone else is feeling the same way.

Hi

I am 14 days post op and it is hard. I have had similar thoughts but I have forced myself to think about the future and not here and now. Time passes so quickly (even if it feels like one day is lasting forever ) but soon the benefits will start to become apparent and we will be glad we stuck it out. Remember why you decided to have the op in the first place. Be positive I know it’s hard but it can be done xx

13 hours ago, jules1 said:

Hi Tiffani

I know the medication buscopan helps relieve stomach spasms - not sure if it’s effective after gastric sleeve surgery. It may be known under a different name in America. Check with your pharmacy.

Yes, they were giving me regular doses of buscopan in hospital to help manage stomach spasms, and I had a pack of them included in my discharge medications.

It or something similar here- Jules- Zofran an sweet loving kindly medication. Have a bottle next to my bed from my bout of acute Pancreatitis. Now there is a disease you DO WISH on your worst enemy!😧

Sleeved May 18th!! Calling my surgeon on Tuesday to ask him can I advance to purée foods early. Protein Shakes run right through me and I’m startinb to feel weak and get muscle cramps in my legs.