Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

Hi

I am doing ok. But my stomach has been very acidy. Anything i drink just burns so bad. I also am just so nervouse and dont know why ? I was so ready for this and now i just seem nervous. I am still on liquids. I 4 day post surgery and have started my Protein Drinks again and fluids every 15 min.

I kind of feel like I am lost or confused . It’s definitely not easy

Dr put me on anti acids and mylanta but still burning feeling. Espically when I wake up

31 minutes ago, Gracey1968 said:

Dr put me on anti acids and mylanta but still burning feeling. Espically when I wake up

what did doctor put you on? was it something like nexium (a Protein Pump Inhibitor medication) or some other type of antacid?

3 hours ago, Gracey1968 said:

Hi

I am doing ok. But my stomach has been very acidy. Anything i drink just burns so bad. I also am just so nervouse and dont know why ? I was so ready for this and now i just seem nervous. I am still on liquids. I 4 day post surgery and have started my Protein Drinks again and fluids every 15 min.

I kind of feel like I am lost or confused . It’s definitely not easy

Oh Gracey1968, I’m so sorry that you are feeling lost. My husband and I had sleeve surgery 5 weeks apart and my best friend is a year ahead of us. He’s 6 weeks post op and I’m 1 week post op. Everyday I ask each of them...did you go through this? Did you feel this way? Etc. We are all here for you. Ask away... We are all going through this new adventure together. 🤗

Hi Doha, I’m with you!! I’m one week post op from sleeve surgery. I stopped taking the heavy meds after a handful of days and just take two Tylenol at bedtime. I’ve been using my daughter’s big fluffy cat pillow against my stomach while sleeping. It’s soft and helps my stomach feel supported. I hold it firmly against my stomach as I roll over and sleep wedged against it. Hope this helps.

Edited by curvylady

I'm currently having a second Decaf coffee for the day (rare for me) to try out the new Peptipro collagen Hydrolysate Protein supplement that delivered this morning. 15g dissolves in hot or cold liquids for +14.5g protein without taste or texture, much like my benefibre soluble fibre supplement. Now my morning decaff coffee will deliver 20g protein! (and bonus, the collagen helps improve skin elasticity!).

Keep us posted on how this works for sure!!!

Late to the party but I am May 30th!

3 hours ago, curvylady said:

Hi Doha, I’m with you!! I’m one week post op from sleeve surgery. I stopped taking the heavy meds after a handful of days and just take two Tylenol at bedtime. I’ve been using my daughter’s big fluffy cat pillow against my stomach while sleeping. It’s soft and helps my stomach feel supported. I hold it firmly against my stomach as I roll over and sleep wedged against it. Hope this helps.

Thank you, I will try a pillow tonight. Thanks

Surgery done 5/17! Feeling pretty good. Walking more and trying to get enough Water in, Protein though I’m having a harder time with. My incisions are itchy! The drain is weird to get use to but no issues with it. Only taking Tylenol as needed!

16 hours ago, t1018ross said:

For those of you who have started pureed foods, did you have any trouble at first? I'm two weeks post-op and per my instructions was allowed to start pureeds today. I made 1 scrambled egg this morning and ate a little more than half and have been suffering all day with stomach pain. I felt extremely full and then it just hurt. Haven't been able to eat anything else except some unsweetened apple sauce with my crushed up meds. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi,

my clinic starts soft foods a lot later than most. I was sleeved 2nd May and have 2 weeks thin liquids and 4 weeks purée. I asked my dietician if I could have scrambled eggs and he explained that they can still sometimes cause pressure as there is still a lot of swelling and inflammation in stomach and narrowing of oesophagus. He said there should be no pain or nausea from eating and if there is it may be due to amount or texture. Just find soft foods that work for you- he allowed me a little cottage cheese and I tolerate it really well. I also have cheesy mash which I make sure is smooth and not too thick. If you are getting pain on eating it Can be due to pressure on the stomach. Try a smoother food and eat a little less. It’s important to go with what you’re stomach can tolerate at this stage to avoid a leak occurring.

Hi
I am nearly 1.5 weeks post op and was feeling as if my incisions were starting to calm and heal well and I was having limited pain. However last night I was resting on my right side and tried moving over to lay on my back and the pain was excruciating starting from my belly button all the way up to another incision. I couldn’t physically move as the pain was so bad. I had to wake my husband to help. He had to support my stomach while I moved.
I finely fell asleep however the incisions are very tender today. I feel like I’d taken 5 steps back.
Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?

I felt the same pain for a while. A stomach binder really helped me!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

6 hours ago, jules1 said:

Hi,

my clinic starts soft foods a lot later than most. I was sleeved 2nd May and have 2 weeks thin liquids and 4 weeks purée. I asked my dietician if I could have scrambled eggs and he explained that they can still sometimes cause pressure as there is still a lot of swelling and inflammation in stomach and narrowing of oesophagus. He said there should be no pain or nausea from eating and if there is it may be due to amount or texture. Just find soft foods that work for you- he allowed me a little cottage cheese and I tolerate it really well. I also have cheesy mash which I make sure is smooth and not too thick. If you are getting pain on eating it Can be due to pressure on the stomach. Try a smoother food and eat a little less. It’s important to go with what you’re stomach can tolerate at this stage to avoid a leak occurring.

I think your doc is absolutely correct. Today I ate cottage cheese, some Soup, and some refried Beans and didn't have near the pain I had yesterday. I have to eat very slowly and can barely get in 1/4 cup at a time but that's where my NUT wants me anyway. I have to be on pureed for 3 weeks and then soft foods for 2 before I can start regular. I'm just so surprised at how hard it is to eat now. But it was that way with liquids at first too, I could barley swallow Water and that got much better so I'm sure this phase will work itself out as well.

I’m sleeved! Surgeon at 7:30 ct this am. Bad gas pain for first few hours. Now only effecting me with deep breaths in.

Already walked two laps (helped gas pain, peed, and drank 6oz of Water. Trying little broth and Jello next.

Apparently had a hernia that had to be repaired as well.
Image1527100133.103631.jpg

Hello I’m new to this app. I was just sleeved on 5/21/18!