Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

Just back from an event filled all weekend wedding in Montreal where I couldn't eat anything that was served because of pre op diet but was able to work around it with scrambled eggs at the hotel in the AM, Protein Drinks, veggies and Water. Glad to be home. Lots to do before surgery this Thursday 5/3/18. For all those going before me or close to me, I'm thinking of you all and hoping we all get through the surgery just fine.

Lisa

Ms Hopefull Lisa- we cheer you , we applaud you, and we believe in you. Go forward with joy in your hear, peace in your mind, a spring in your step, and a smile upon your face. You are loved, treasured and important in our lives. Your Bariatric family will be waiting for an update when surgery is over, so no sorrow and sadness things will be just right. Bonne Chance, Cher Lisa!

56 minutes ago, HopefullXOXOXO said:

Just back from an event filled all weekend wedding in Montreal where I couldn't eat anything that was served because of pre op diet but was able to work around it with scrambled eggs at the hotel in the AM, Protein Drinks, veggies and Water. Glad to be home. Lots to do before surgery this Thursday 5/3/18. For all those going before me or close to me, I'm thinking of you all and hoping we all get through the surgery just fine.

Lisa

Wow you did well with all that temptation around you. Good luck for the 3rd☘️

@ Frustr8 : most of us Aussies do love our vegemite, but we would never eat a spoonful of it like we would Peanut Butter. A jar of vegemite lasts a long time because you only use a really small amount of it, like 1/2 a teaspoon spread/scraped across a piece of buttered toast. Then it is slightly salty deliciousness (but being a yeast extract, I had to mostly avoid it anyway because glutemates like MSG and yeast extract trigger headaches for me).

Twas the night before surgery, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring... except the mummy who still has ten million things to do before she goes to hospital in the morning!

I've finished all the food prep and instructions for the hubby to keep both the children and Guinea pigs alive in my absence.

Still need to clean and put new bedding in Guinea pig cage, need to Water my recently planted seedlings/seeds (rain expected Thursday so this watering tonight then rain should carry them through), pack my hospital bag, shower, and try to sleep :)

34 minutes ago, Taoz said:

Twas the night before surgery, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring... except the mummy who still has ten million things to do before she goes to hospital in the morning!

I've finished all the food prep and instructions for the hubby to keep both the children and Guinea pigs alive in my absence.

Still need to clean and put new bedding in Guinea pig cage, need to Water my recently planted seedlings/seeds (rain expected Thursday so this watering tonight then rain should carry them through), pack my hospital bag, shower, and try to sleep :)

Best wishes for tomorrow! I've been enjoying your posts, I like the way you write.

I’m doing the same. Casserole and Bolognese in fridge. Instructions all over the fridge. I even laid out my 3 yr olds clothes for next 3 days according to the weather with a post it on indicating the day for each pile. I might be slightly micro managing but anyone who has let hubby dress kids knows they will put them in all sorts of clashing patterns and colours given half a chance😀

i will be on the morning list tomorrow as am fasting from midnight tonight. I’m having plenty of fluids now as there is nothing worse than dying of thirst but not able to have a drink due to fasting. Will have to be up at 5am so I can get myself organised before I wake kids to get to hospital by 7am.

i am now worrying a bit about the gas pain post op and nausea which I’m very prone to. I will be asking the anaesthetist for lots of antiemetics to hopefully prevent vomiting(fun times)

Good luck tomorrow For all the May 2nd sleevers (I think May 1st if you are in USA or UK) ☘️☘️☘️

Good Luck to you and all May Sleever's! I go on May 3rd! Your post got me thinking about everything I need to do! Take care!

My son will be flying over shortly . He has a container of chili, another of lasagna, one of au gratin potatoes, a package of beef baking a and an arrow taped to floor pointing his way to the microwave. Wait until I tell him about chicken Vindaloo and. Bolognese, he may not even require a plane, he might just start wading!
Smiles and super smooth surgeries is my prayer for both of you👉😝👈

You are too funny! LOL

Thanks for the prayer!

Wishing everyone a easy and successful surgery and recovery! Mine is coming up to on May 8th. Starting to mentally prepare. pre opt starts Sunday.

Mine is on the 16th and tomorrow I will start my two week pre op, I hope it goes by fast. Good luck and hugs to all of us!

Regarding post op gas, I read someplace on this site (I think) that Gas X type medications can only help with air trapped in the digestive tract and that we'll also have air trapped in our torso from the surgery. What was recommended by someone that worked well for them is activated charcoal. I did some research and got from Amazon Bulletproof brand Coconut charcoal. My research suggests that charcoal from coconut is the best. The other thing I found out while researching is that the charcoal will also eliminate anything taken within two hours of taking it from your body, including medications and Vitamins. If you chose to try it, just be careful about that.

Good Luck to you all on your surgery's today and the last couple days! Keep us updated on how it went and how you are feeling :)

We are here in the waiting area at hospital. Hubby is feeling a little nervous for me, I think I'm still feeling ok, confident that my surgeon knows his stuff.

IMG_20180502_083144.jpg