Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

So glad things worked out hopeful!
This liquid diet has been tough and it's only day 3 of 14. Doesn't help that I've gotten the flu. I'm still so grateful for the opportunity.
Also, these waters are AMAZING when you need a break from Protein Shakes.< br>IMG_20180419_202433.thumb.jpg.be6962f3c6060f2a522f26b20a897284.jpg

Where did you get that? I’ve been looking can’t find them anywhere

Just got my surgery date of 5/14. I can’t wait!!!!

Same for me! I start my prepping diet next monday

5/8 surgery date here. Started my two week pre-op diet today. Smooth sailing on day 1 considering just got back from family vacation in Fla for 10 days. Was doing Keto prior to vacation so that’s helped day 1 be smooth.

Father of two, husband, [emoji458] Coach, No Shoes Nation member, starting to live life to its fullest!!

SW- 387.7 on 2/05/18
CW-359.2 on 4/25/18
GW- 200
SD- 5/08/18 [emoji1360]🤙[emoji3][emoji1320]

Hey everybody!!

I have a tentative date of 5/29. I just have to attend 1 more support group meeting, and then get the final approval from insurance.

I'm very excited, and have no nerves about the surgery at all (yet). I am nervous about the pre-op diet, though, which for me will start next week because I am required to do 4 weeks. I'm afraid that the 4 weeks may be the end of me! LOL. But I'm ready!!!

Does anyone else have to do 4 weeks pre-op?

May 10 starting my pre op diet Thursday

You’re with me! Hate the preop part but i know it’s necessary. Getting my mind right for the liquid and May 10.

HW: 321
CW: 278
GW: 180
Sleeve scheduled: 5/10/18

I went on a cruise last month and it was wonderful! I have just recently had my food funerals. I started my liquid diet today. Lord give me strength! It is actually easier to do it while I am teaching, because I am busy and not able to stop and munch like I can at home. See the optimism 6 hours into this! Tonight will be a different animal. Remaining positive. I have Disney World planned 5-6 weeks post-op and that will be quite a change from indulging on the dining plan as I have in years past.

Oh wow a cruise would’ve been great as much as I ate on the last one. I’ve been doing the same with my food funerals. Start liquid tomorrow for 2 weeks.

HW: 321
CW: 278
GW: 180
Sleeve scheduled: 5/10/18

Hey everybody!!
I have a tentative date of 5/29. I just have to attend 1 more support group meeting, and then get the final approval from insurance.
I'm very excited, and have no nerves about the surgery at all (yet). I am nervous about the pre-op diet, though, which for me will start next week because I am required to do 4 weeks. I'm afraid that the 4 weeks may be the end of me! LOL. But I'm ready!!!

Wow I didn’t know 4 weeks! You’ll do fine though I’m only 2 week pre op diet but I’m a week in and it’s not as bad. I also quit smoking at the same time so I think wanting a cigarette masked my craving for food. Just stay busy so you’re not tempted. I got a lot of my house clean this past weekend lol good luck!

Hi. For the Aussie sleevers. I found this Biotin 10,000mcg online for about $48 and its 3 bottles so will last for close to a year if taken daily. Company is- Mydfx- they have quick delivery too. It is a nice small single tablet.

15 hours ago, Uterno said:

Hey everybody!!

My bariatric physician wanted me to do four weeks of pre op VLCD because my BMI was almost 50. However when I saw the surgeon a few days later he was happy to schedule me in for a surgery date 3 weeks later, 2nd May.

I'm on the home stretch now with only 6 more days to go, but was lucky that mine isn't full liquids. I was assigned a shake for Breakfast and lunch and regular meat and veggies for dinner. I found a shake in the morning upsets my tummy, so stuck with a scrambled egg and coffee using 250ml 1% milk instead.

Though I had lost a few kilos earlier this year, just avoiding most carbs, I've now lost 7 more kilos (about 15lb) on my pre op diet these past 2 weeks.

Check Cisco and Sam's Club for the flavired waters, somebody else said GNC but it won't be Premeir Protein but their house brand.😲

My surgery is May 3rd and I’m officially nervous and having a lot of anxiety. I have been having trouble sleeping and having weird dreams. I honestly can’t wait for this to be over because my nerves are getting the best of me. . I’m I the only one?

1 hour ago, LauraD84 said:

My surgery is May 3rd and I’m officially nervous and having a lot of anxiety. I have been having trouble sleeping and having weird dreams. I honestly can’t wait for this to be over because my nerves are getting the best of me. . I’m I the only one?

Hey Laura,

I'm also 5/3, one week from today. You're not the only one. I'm 65 years old, so risks are slightly higher for me. I'm with you on the anxiety scale. This is all I think about. I wake in the middle of the night thinking about it. I've never had surgery before or been under general anesthesia. I have talked to a lot of people and everyone keeps telling me I'll do fine. The sleeve is minimally invasive, etc. My only advice is to keep yourself as busy as possible for the next week. I had been apprehensive about a 3 day wedding I'm attending this weekend. You should see the schedule, we actually got a spreadsheet of the events and every minute is filled from Friday at 5PM until Sunday 11PM. I'd been apprehensive because I'm on pre op diet and have no idea what will be served at all these events. Now that it's here I'm hoping it will help distract me from my own thoughts. You may want to discuss this with your doctor? maybe he can prescribe something to help. I'm right here with you, you aren't alone.

Lisa