Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

Treemystic I'm in Denver I have a surgery date of May 7th :)

May 9 for me! Here's my stats:

food funerals: pizza, popcorn, and diet coke.

HW: 268 (5'4")

CW: 264 Hey, if I could lose weight on my own I wouldn't need surgery.

GW: 160, mini goals on the way down 199 and the weight listed on my drivers license. I have lied about it so long I actually don't know what it says.

Like like the Unjury Protein, mixes well with no chalky aftertaste. Unflavored whey does NOT mix well in Soup, but thier pea protein is great in soup. Also getting all of my Vitamins though them bc they are complete and it is the easiest way to do it.

Good luck All! We can do it!

Has anyone seen their post-op diet yet? I am curious to what is looks like. I have only been shown my pre-op diet.

Edited by Meggs11

Hey come to think of it I always used 250, maybe I should make that a mini goal on my way down from 323 to 175? 😜👍

1 hour ago, Sleeved36 said:

May 9 for me! Here's my stats:

food funerals: pizza, popcorn, and diet coke.

HW: 268 (5'4")

CW: 264 Hey, if I could lose weight on my own I wouldn't need surgery.

GW: 160, mini goals on the way down 199 and the weight listed on my drivers license. I have lied about it so long I actually don't know what it says.

Like like the Unjury Protein, mixes well with no chalky aftertaste. Unflavored whey does NOT mix well in Soup, but thier pea Protein is great in Soup. Also getting all of my Vitamins though them bc they are complete and it is the easiest way to do it.

Good luck All! We can do it!

I also went with the Unjury protein and Vitamins. I got the full starter pack so I can make post op protein pops with them. So far I've only tried the vanilla and chocolate splendor and they're both delicious and like you said, not chalky and no aftertaste. I'm using them pre op too.

42 minutes ago, Meggs11 said:

Has anyone seen their post-op diet yet? I am curious to what is looks like. I have only been shown my pre-op diet.

I think different doctors require different requirements co what I have may be different than from what you get. For the most part my first two weeks is all about drinking 30 oz. of Protein a day as well as 30 oz. of fluids. I'm told I can have Crystal Light drinks but will probably drink mostly Water. I'm making frozen protein pops before hand that I hope to have the second week as part of my protein. I got Unjury.com products and they have recipes too. Like a strawberry cream lemonade that give you protein. Tried the vanilla & chocolate splendor and both are delish.

I know there are several on this post who said they're surgery is early May, one person said surgery is 4/29 but I can't find it now. Can we please all post our dates again? I want to hear others experiences and also share my own. My surgery is 5/3/18.

I know there are several on this post who said they're surgery is early May, one person said surgery is 4/29 but I can't find it now. Can we please all post our dates again? I want to hear others experiences and also share my own. My surgery is 5/3/18.

I was scheduled for May 2nd but that office cancelled on me because they are not approved with my insurance. Like, how crazy that my insurance said yes we will pay but not that surgeon. So, I went to another place which is actually closer to my home. They will give me a surgery date at my next appointment which is May 8th

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

6 minutes ago, GayGirlLivingForHer said:

I was scheduled for May 2nd but that office cancelled on me because they are not approved with my insurance. Like, how crazy that my insurance said yes we will pay but not that surgeon. So, I went to another place which is actually closer to my home. They will give me a surgery date at my next appointment which is May 8th

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

Sorry to hear your surgery got postponed. You must be very frustrated with your insurance company. At least you'll still get it done, just on 5/2/18. Looks like you're getting a lesson on patience whether you like it or not!

@GayGirlLivingForHer, no no that is not right, oh i hope place#2 is perfect and things go forward ! You and Andrea need to keep going forward towards the day, I'm sending a volley of good c wishes your way. Now chin up, smile on face and know things are working out soon😜

I started my 2 week liver shrinking diet today. My first drink from muscle milk is GROSS. Trial and error I guess. Anyone have any good suggestions? I'm going to grab some premier today after work, but I think I may want to try tasteless Protein post opp to add to foods. Anyone else on the liver shrinking yet? How is it going for you?!

try Premier Protein peaches and cream,I got them for my in-case shelf where all the pre surgery items are,kept. Still not giving up on late Spring-Early Summer for me. Anyhow last week I was running late for PCP appointment. Hadn't ate so,popped one open. Not bad at all, very faint evaporated milk aftertaste. I'm sure I will loathe such things before pre and post 😷 surgery diets are finished but I could stand this one. I'm allergic to chocolate and so many use that for a shake flavor, I like strawberry now, but every day? Maybe not, cross that bridge when my road opens back up.. Soon and very soon is my deepest hope. 😜

1 hour ago, henabena said:

I started my 2 week liver shrinking diet today. My first drink from muscle milk is GROSS. Trial and error I guess. Anyone have any good suggestions? I'm going to grab some premier today after work, but I think I may want to try tasteless Protein post opp to add to foods. Anyone else on the liver shrinking yet? How is it going for you?!

I've been on since last Thursday. I got the Unjury brand (unjury.com) and so far I've only tried Vanilla & chocolate splendor. Both are delicious and mix easily with skim milk with no after taste. They also have one that's unflavored you can add to Soups or pudding or whatever. I also got some Premier Protein but haven't tried it yet. I'm going to Montreal for a 3 day wedding this weekend (5 days total cuz driving there and back) and I plan to bring all the Premiere Proteins with me. I also have a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy this Wed. tomorrow will be really rough. Can't eat again till Wednesday about 3:30-4:00PM. My doctor gave me a shrink the liver diet that's very low carb and low fat Protein so it hasn't been tooooo bad. Definitely craving my usual Cookies and chocolate. I've noticed that I had these at a particular time each day so that's when I notice it. Otherwise I'm ok. Someone suggested SF hard candy to me. I'm sure that's cheating, but cuz it's sugar free, I'm hoping to get away with it. It does help me during those times my cravings are high. The sf hard candy isn't very sweet, at least the ones I've tried, but better than nothing for me. Weighed myself Sunday, 3 days after diet began and saw I lost a 1/2-2 lbs. already. Good luck!!!