Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

1 hour ago, LovableLisha said:

I wonder if the will ship that brand to the US. My surgeon said no aspartame at all. I heard other brands of Protein Water are just too sweet with an after taste.
That's smart to take them with you to the hospital. Did they say how long they will keep you for?

Looks like you and Jules have already found a similar US option.. yay!

My surgeon has minimum 3 night stay in hospital, and it's usually 3-4 nights. They keep you on IV fluids the first few days until you are able to drink well enough to prevent dehydration. The bodie'z are a little sweet for me (like Gatorade) but with the unflavored powder I'll have the option of making it with half flavoured, half unflavored for a full strength but only half sweetened drink which should go down easily.

8 hours ago, HopefullXOXOXO said:

Regarding the food funeral, I did have pizza and some ice cream over the past few days. Plus I went out for my favorite eggs and bacon with home fries and toast. I begin my pre op diet this Wednesday, so I'm tapering off of bread and sugar beginning today. In the past I've gone cold turkey and got very weak, sick and bad headaches. Hoping tapering off will help with this. Surgery date 5/3/18. I have to be very honest here. I really hope I'm able to follow the pre op diet. I know i must do it but cutting chocolate completely out of my diet is something I've never been able to do. I've looked at adding cocoa to my Protein Drinks. I also saw that someone froze their Premiere Protein premade drink and used it a their dessert or treat for the day. Time will tell but these are my feelings and thoughts as of today.

Cutting out chocolate is seriously hard. I found myself getting a bit addicted to ALDI white chocolate last year, and it took a few months of not having it to finally stop the urge to buy and eat it. I've now been fine with all the Easter chocolate floating about the house, and my husband is working his way through the couple of boxes of chocolate we adults received. Someone posted elsewhere that keeping some good quality 85% dark chocolate can be good, as it doesn't have a lot of sugar and tastes strong and slightly bitter so an occasional square can be enough when you really want some. I'll consider that when I get closer to goal though, don't want to be doing anything to derail myself at this point.

Edited by Taoz

Good on your part, I believe you will make it a success!😝

I am scheduled for Wednesday May 2...I am excited and nervous plus a little scared. I want to be successful at this.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:11 AM, SmileyMay said:

Yes!!! Let's do this! I just had my band removed months ago. Surgeon wanted everything to heal well, so I have been patiently waiting for the sleeve. My surgery date is May 2nd! My insurance approved the surgery in 1 day after it was submitted. I was totally shocked being that the insurance was from the "Obama Care"So now after having gone through surgery twice, (once to put in band and once to take it out) I'm preparing for the post op period again. Toilet seat riser was a must for me! I also rented a small hospital bed from my local pharmacy which helped me tremendously with band post op and getting in and out of bed.

Also don't forget to order your chewable vitamins! I love the Unjury brand. They have everything you need in 1 chewable.

I am scheduled on May 2nd as well. Good Luck to you:)

My surgeon has minimum 3 night stay in hospital, and it's usually 3-4 nights. They keep you on IV fluids the first few days until you are able to drink well enough to prevent dehydration. The bodie'z are a little sweet for me (like Gatorade) but with the unflavored powder I'll have the option of making it with half flavoured, half unflavored for a full strength but only half sweetened drink which should go down easily.

Thats a good idea if i get sick of unflavoured as it won't be so sweet

Good luck. I'm May 2nd also. There are a lot of us but as I'm in aus, i think its a day ahead really.

Well thats good they want to make sure you are fine before you go home. Please keep me updated with your process!

my pre-op diet list only specifically says no potato, kumara or sweet potatoes. However I know sweet corn, pumpkins, and peas are also quite sweet. Maybe check with your nutritionist?
Post surgery it will only be potatoes and sweet potatoes that I limit, most other veggies will be ok. I just picked up several cauliflowers on special to make some smooth cauliflower Soup (which has a little sharp cheese and potato in it) to have frozen ready for liquids phase. Once I can have mushy foods I'll have my more usual chicken and vegetable Soups - including the estimated 6g of Protein in real homemade chicken stock, plus a scoop of bodie'z unflavored protein (15g) plus any soft bits of chicken I throw in, a simple bowl of chicken and veg soup will give me at least a third of my needed protein for the day. And I love my soups (as do my husband and son, haven't been able to convince my daughter yet) - the more fresh stuff included from my garden the better (herbs, garlic, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes mostly).
I'll attach word documents of the cauliflower and cheese soup, and a nice-sounding mushroom soup that I plan to make for liquids phase. I"ll probably do a fairly thin basic butternut pumpkin soup with a little potato, carrot and cumin in it too.
Cauliflower Cheddar Soup.docx
Vegetarian Mushroom soup.docx

Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, hopeful333 said:

Awesome!!!!! Good luck to you as well!!!! My email is Storgean@gmail.com if you need any advice or have any questions, I am here for you 🤗

May 7!

May 16th for me :D

Well my doctor's office really screwed me over. Come to find out they submitted for approval "by accident" in April and it was denied because I hadn't even completed all of the steps.

Although I've spoken to insurance and they assured me they could just resubmit this week, now they've said we have to wait 40 more days.

At this point I'm just going to appeal and submit all of my documents with the appeal letter. My surgical coordinator is very negative and she's insisting that we shouldn't even try to appeal and just wait until May, to resubmit. I told her that would mean I have to do 50% of the stuff all over again. She thinks that's the better idea and says she knew it would get denied regardless.