Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

Hi I’m in South Australia and had my surgery 1 week ago today. Had lap-band removal and an Omega loop (I think it’s referred to as a mini gastric bypass).

Only on nourishing fluids atm and still a bit tender, but I’m so pleased to be the other side of my operation.

i had lots of problems with the band and am hoping this will be more successful - I’m sure it will be!

Wishing everyone a successful journey!

Hi. I'm in Canberra and scheduled for May 2nd. Glad it went well. The gastric band caused issues with people i knew also. I hope this procedure gets you to your goal.

I am so glad there is online community for us! I have systemic lupus. There are days I cannot do much more than let the dogs out and get the mail. It's nice to do this on my phone. I have been researching Vitamins and Protein Drinks. There are tons! I am so ready for the diabetes to be under control. I am ready have energy again. So please send good vibes that I get a date Friday! The surgery coordinator said 2nd half of May or first part of June.

Forgive me for the rambling words! I am just so excited and so ready and my friends and family try to supportive, but mostly, they don't get it. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!

1 hour ago, Doxiemom65 said:

I am so glad there is online community for us! I have systemic lupus. There are days I cannot do much more than let the dogs out and get the mail. It's nice to do this on my phone. I have been researching Vitamins and Protein Drinks. There are tons! I am so ready for the diabetes to be under control. I am ready have energy again. So please send good vibes that I get a date Friday! The surgery coordinator said 2nd half of May or first part of June.

Forgive me for the rambling words! I am just so excited and so ready and my friends and family try to supportive, but mostly, they don't get it. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!

I feel very excited too and so ready to be slim. I am especially excited for my 2 young sons to see me slim for the first time in their lives. It is hard if you have a condition that prevents exercise. I am in the same situation and am going to get active gradually. I can't do high impact but I think even gentle activity helps keep your focus off the fridge when sitting around house. Best of luck Doxiemom.☘️

@doxiemom and Jules.1 It is truly exciting when you can see your. special day just ahead. I hope you get your date soon, you probsbly won't mind if it turns to June, but I know you do really want May. It would be very nice to if you ended up surgery twins. Good luck to both of you..😛

Thank you both for encouraging word! I swim for exercise and try to walk my dogs frequently. I am trying to eliminate sugar and caffeine and I see that it's a good thing I started now! It is so hard! Jules1, we have to take baby steps. Exercise will get easier by the day after surgery. I am sure your boys just want a healthy mom. Frust8 thank you for you upbeat positivity!

Bah I'm starting my 3 week pre-op. This thing is really around the corner!

38 minutes ago, debbie89 said:

Bah I'm starting my 3 week pre-op. This thing is really around the corner!

You can do this!!! :D

Ooooh, and I just noticed in my info on the left that at 115kg I've now dropped down to BMI 46 :) (much better than the 51/52 I was sitting at early last year.

Oh, and hubby just laughed at me telling my little swan to hurry up and get to surgery date already :)

Best wishes and positive thoughts to all my May buddies!!!

Mine is 5/1/2018 I am so excited!!! Congratulations to all of you!

Starting my 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday. May 1st will be here before I know it. Anyone have helpful hints or suggestions? I did a trial run a week ago and it was tough to make it through the day. How long is everyone thinking about taking off of work?

Starting my 2 week liquid diet on Tuesday. May 1st will be here before I know it. Anyone have helpful hints or suggestions? I did a trial run a week ago and it was tough to make it through the day. How long is everyone thinking about taking off of work?

I did a trail run last month to see how long I could last. After the first 3 days it got harder because I just wanted some kind of meat. So at that time I did eat some meat from the condensed fat free Soup. The hardest part was to eat the 1/2 cup sf pudding and soup so slowly that it last 30-60mins. That's just plain ridiculous. I know its to teach us after surgery but who has that much time to eat that little for that long.
I start my High Protein liquid diet on April 28th. My surgery is May 10th I'm only taking a few days off hopefully thats all I need.
How did your trail run go?

Started on my pre-surgery Healthy Eating Plan, on 5/3 I start my 2-week pre-surgery liquid diet, then on 5/17, I have my surgery. I work from home most days (only need to go in for meetings), so I'll be taking about 3 days off, then I will just make sure everyone knows I am COMPLETELY working from home for the next month or so.

I am VERY excited!!! Researching which Vitamins totake is what is killing me right now! :(

1 hour ago, LovableLisha said:

I did a trail run last month to see how long I could last. After the first 3 days it got harder because I just wanted some kind of meat. So at that time I did eat some meat from the condensed fat free Soup. The hardest part was to eat the 1/2 cup sf pudding and Soup so slowly that it last 30-60mins. That's just plain ridiculous. I know its to teach us after surgery but who has that much time to eat that little for that long.
I start my High Protein liquid diet on April 28th. My surgery is May 10th I'm only taking a few days off hopefully thats all I need.
How did your trail run go?

My trial run didn't go that great. I just didn't tolerate it that well. My actual liquid diet starts Tuesday. For some reason, I got horrendous gas/bloat. It might not have been related to the shakes- who knows??? Apparently in my program we can not have soup, only shakes, SF Jello, SF pops and Water. I might have to break out the broths (low sodium ones that I make myself). I know I can do this! Just need to mentally prepare myself. I haven't decided if I am going to take 1 or 2 weeks off. I am leaning towards 2 weeks to be safe. I am a teacher with a great student teacher.

My trial run didn't go that great. I just didn't tolerate it that well. My actual liquid diet starts Tuesday. For some reason, I got horrendous gas/bloat. It might not have been related to the shakes- who knows??? Apparently in my program we can not have Soup, only shakes, SF Jello, SF pops and Water. I might have to break out the broths (low sodium ones that I make myself). I know I can do this! Just need to mentally prepare myself. I haven't decided if I am going to take 1 or 2 weeks off. I am leaning towards 2 weeks to be safe. I am a teacher with a great student teacher.

Could you be lactose intolerant? Because I have the same symptoms with the shakes and im scared to mix the shakes with Water lol
Yes two weeks would be good for you. I use to teach pre-k and the children keep you on your toes. Can you have sf pudding?