Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

1 hour ago, jessicakeslosing said:

I am submitting to my insurance on April 30! Surgeon schedules 2-3 weeks out, so I am hoping to be a May lapband revised to sleever!

Here's hoping you'll be joined us soon! :)

2 hours ago, jules1 said:

Yep i get nauseous easily too so i went with Bodiez unflavoured protien Water powder and plan to add to Soups water etc. Scared about Vitamins so have gone chewable and will take late arvo as i couldn't even tolerate Multivitamin during pregnancies. Do those Calcium tablets give nausea? I haven't tried them yet and they look huge.
Need to get Biotin also for my hair. My dietician starts vitamins in preop diet but it will give me time to work out a routine and if i can't tolerate them for a couple weeks post op it hopefully won't matter too much.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

I'll go check out that Bodiez Protein water too :)
EDIT: hubby is picking up a berry and a kiwi ready to drink protein water for me from chemist warehouse tomorrow. Will see how I find them, might be a good option for slow sipping at room temperature post sleeve while I'm stuck in hospital a few days and won't have a blender, ice and ice water to make palatable blended formulite shakes.< br />
Not sure on the calcium tablets, I think they would be more required for bypass patients and am hoping just the bariatric capsules will be enough for me from one month post sleeve. I'll have a blood test a week before my op to check my current Vitamin levels among other things, and will be starting on the bariatric capsules as soon as they arrive.

Let me know how much Biotin your dietician recommends, as my bnmulti comes with 300mcg Biotin in the daily dose (2 tablets a day). I have very fine hair and very little of it to start with, so if I get much hairloss it's going to look pretty grim for a while - might just shave it off if it irks me enough! (that might risk anyone I don't tell of my bariatric surgery worrying that I have cancer though).

Edited by Taoz

13 minutes ago, Shonty said:

my sleeve is booked for 30th of April so im nearly a may sleever!

Welcome aboard :) let us know how you are doing in the days post op as we early May sleevers get underway.

38 minutes ago, Taoz said:

Welcome aboard :) let us know how you are doing in the days post op as we early May sleevers get underway.

Thanks will do, just want to get started now:D

what happens if I come to my day of surgery and they weigh me and I am just under the weight that qualifies me for the surgery will they deny me the surgery. The reason I ask is because I am right on the edge of qualifying so I have to weigh myself daily and make sure I am eating enough to stay in the qualifying range. I get sleeved May 9.

I have ordered a few things and want to share with others. After quite a bit of research I made the decision to go with the Unjury Protein powders and Vitamins for post op. They have a "starter kit" with all 6 flavors (one is high protein chicken soup) and most of the vitamins needed for first 90 days. www.unjury.com These are medical grade protein products made specifically for bariatric surgery patients. From what I've read, people tolerate them very well post op and everything I've read says they taste good too. Insert fingers crossed emoji here! LOL! I can let you know when my order arrives. The site also has recipes for things like "strawberry banana pops" that sound good. I also got a Water consistency high Protein Drink for post op called "Isopure zero carb". 40 g protein and no sugar. I like the blue raspberry flavor, COLD. I don't need ice, but room temp doesn't do it for me. Otherwise, I like it a lot.

For pre op I bought BioChem whey isolate protein, unflavored. I already use it in my smoothies. 22 grams protein and no sugar, 90 calories. It has a vanilla flavor and is somewhat sweet alone. I usually add fruit to mine to sweeten and for the Fiber and vitamins. They do have a vanilla flavored choice with cane sugar in it. I found that too sweet with fruit. Going to try the Premiere Protein Drinks pre op too but haven't picked them up yet.

I've seen others have researched further along than I have. I still have no idea what I'm going to do when I have to puree! I'll get there. Any thoughts and ideas are welcomed!

I tried to buy things that will be easy to put together because I'll have limited help after surgery. Start my pre op "shrink the liver diet" next week.

I've noticed a lot of products for bariatric patients include sugar substitutes and I'm struggling with this because I already KNOW I'm addicted to sugar and carbs (bread & pasta). 50% of me wants to be able to give up these foods altogether. The other 50% of me has no idea if I can really do it! LOL!!! Thoughts?

I'll go check out that Bodiez Protein Water too [emoji4]
EDIT: hubby is picking up a berry and a kiwi ready to drink protein water for me from chemist warehouse tomorrow. Will see how I find them, might be a good option for slow sipping at room temperature post sleeve while I'm stuck in hospital a few days and won't have a blender, ice and ice water to make palatable blended formulite shakes.< br>
Not sure on the Calcium tablets, I think they would be more required for bypass patients and am hoping just the bariatric capsules will be enough for me from one month post sleeve. I'll have a blood test a week before my op to check my current Vitamin levels among other things, and will be starting on the bariatric capsules as soon as they arrive.

Let me know how much Biotin your dietician recommends, as my bnmulti comes with 300mcg Biotin in the daily dose (2 tablets a day). I have very fine hair and very little of it to start with, so if I get much hairloss it's going to look pretty grim for a while - might just shave it off if it irks me enough! (that might risk anyone I don't tell of my bariatric surgery worrying that I have cancer though).

Yes i have fine hair though a lot of it, but its just come back properly from my last pregnancy and started sitting properly as i style it again. Let me know about calcium but I'd say its because dairy and greens intake reduced. Saying that I'd say dieticians all have different preferences they advise on. I watched dr Matthew weiner on You Tube and he recommends Biotin 10000. A big dose but worth it if it helps. Watch his Hair loss video. Its very informative[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine is scheduled for May 1st!!! Insurance approved, started all liquids this week. Crazy diarrhea but all in all going well. Worried about being put to sleep. Did not do well with waking up from EGD and colonoscopy. Excited and nervous.

Mine is scheduled for May 1st!!! Insurance approved, started all liquids this week. Crazy diarrhea but all in all going well. Worried about being put to sleep. Did not do well with waking up from EGD and colonoscopy. Excited and nervous.

That's great. Colonoscopy patients are usually given sedation medication instead of general anasthaetic- unless of course a GA given due to a health concern. Discuss issues with anaesthatist and they can often prescribe intra op or post op medication to improve experience for you. I hope it goes better this tim around[emoji5]

1 hour ago, Wendybooth said:

Welcome aboard Wendybooth! :)

4 hours ago, HopefullXOXOXO said:

I have ordered a few things and want to share with others. After quite a bit of research I made the decision to go with the Unjury Protein powders and Vitamins for post op. They have a "starter kit" with all 6 flavors (one is high Protein chicken soup) and most of the Vitamins needed for first 90 days. www.unjury.com These are medical grade protein products made specifically for bariatric surgery patients. From what I've read, people tolerate them very well post op and everything I've read says they taste good too. Insert fingers crossed emoji here! LOL! I can let you know when my order arrives. The site also has recipes for things like "strawberry banana pops" that sound good. I also got a Water consistency high Protein Drink for post op called "Isopure zero carb". 40 g protein and no sugar. I like the blue raspberry flavor, COLD. I don't need ice, but room temp doesn't do it for me. Otherwise, I like it a lot.

For pre op I bought BioChem whey isolate protein, unflavored. I already use it in my smoothies. 22 grams protein and no sugar, 90 calories. It has a vanilla flavor and is somewhat sweet alone. I usually add fruit to mine to sweeten and for the Fiber and vitamins. They do have a vanilla flavored choice with cane sugar in it. I found that too sweet with fruit. Going to try the Premiere Protein Drinks pre op too but haven't picked them up yet.

I've seen others have researched further along than I have. I still have no idea what I'm going to do when I have to puree! I'll get there. Any thoughts and ideas are welcomed!

I tried to buy things that will be easy to put together because I'll have limited help after surgery. Start my pre op "shrink the liver diet" next week.

I've noticed a lot of products for bariatric patients include sugar substitutes and I'm struggling with this because I already KNOW I'm addicted to sugar and carbs (bread & pasta). 50% of me wants to be able to give up these foods altogether. The other 50% of me has no idea if I can really do it! LOL!!! Thoughts?

Looks like you've got most of your protein supplements sorted :)

Sorry you won't have much help post surgery - perhaps make and freeze what you can of liquid/runny Soups and a few simple purees like pumpkin and mixed veggies? I plan to do this (bought a few nice butternut pumpkins last week while 99c/kg, we are mid-Autumn here so hot soups will be nice post op).

I know what you mean regarding excessive sugar substitutes, and research is divided on whether the sweet taste without the sugar energy causes problems like making your body crave more sugar/sweets, along with any potential side effects of artificial sweeteners (aspartame certainly doesn't agree with me). I already didn't have many sweets (only the occasional soft drink or half strength apple juice, and one sugar in my coffee) and I've been struggling with the sweet tasting Meal Replacement shakes. I plan to stick with natural foods (plus some protein supplements when needed) as much as possible, like skim milk, eggs and lean meats. Hopefully the less sugar and sugar substitutes we eat, the better our taste buds get at detecting the natural sweetness and flavours in our fruits and veggies.

I'm going to pick up some "unflavoured" bodie'z Protein Powder as mentioned by Jules earlier, as it's ingredients are only "Whey Protein Isolate, Sodium Citrate" and it's supposed to dissolve well into Clear Liquids up to 80 degree C hot, so will be great in my coffee and soups.

5 minutes ago, babypinkbunny said:

I’m scheduled for May 15!

Welcome to the party babypinkbunny! :D