Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG to RNY after 7 years...

Hi all. I was on this site down 7 years ago before/after I had my VSG & here I am again for my revision to RNY.

i have been very unsuccessful with my VSG: I really felt no restriction with Foods, my GERD increased x1000 and no dose of PPI’s helped. I never sought help because my surgeon went out of practice and I never saw anyone else because I was embarrassed. I am currently at 263, the weight I was at when I had my sleeve. After I had my sleeve I got down to 220 but I was so scared of eating anything really and was working out twice a day just to lose that 40 lbs.

I am approved for my revision to RNY for beginning of May & I am nervous. Not nervous for the surgery (I have had multiple surgeries), but nervous for after the surgery. I plan on sticking to this lifestyle change to the fullest but I am afraid I won’t have restriction. I know my surgeon stated my tummy will be the size of a small plum but I a still scared about not feeling restriction. Everyone on the medical staff said I will and that I just need to eat slow and pay attention to what I put in my body. I guess this is just my anxiety getting the best of me, lol.

but a bit more about me: I am 32 years of age, have PCOS (which I had multiple surgeries for) and i Do not have kids but my husband and I would like 1 in the future, so that’s another reason why I feel I need to lose this weight.

Just want to thank everyone for being supportive and this time I intend on staying on this site for life! Because I do need it and fell off the wagon when I had the sleeve. Thanks again, Bryn

Did you Dr say there was anything unusual or obviously ineffective about your sleeve? Just curious if the sleeve itself was somehow the problem?

Hi
There is definitely a full feeling for restriction with rny . You’ll love it- stay on here for support ! Check in often with updates. Good luck!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 175
CW 182
5’6”

39 minutes ago, sharonintx said:

Did you Dr say there was anything unusual or obviously ineffective about your sleeve? Just curious if the sleeve itself was somehow the problem?

I had an endoscopy & upper GI. The only problem I had was a delayed response to my food moving down my sleeve; which I would assume would leave me full. But honestly it wasn’t really discussed. So no, there isn’t a single problem wrong with the sleeve. I was able to view it and everything during my upper GI.

So no, my sleeve didn’t fail me.

Hi Bryn -Welcome Back ! Happy Easter and here's to a hopeful future.[emoji195]I like you,will,be a RnY, maybe May. I have had a bumpy journey which I long to finish.maybe May will bring good things in my life. I live in Central Ohio, I expect to have my surgery at OSU-Wexner Medical Center. I am 72, not n the typical age but I still,feel,there is time to make this vital change in my life. My years may not be as many left , but I vow to live them fully and in better health. Join me please and we will journey together[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, frust8 said:

Hi Bryn -Welcome Back ! Happy Easter and here's to a hopeful future.I like you,will,be a RnY, maybe May. I have had a bumpy journey which I long to finish.maybe May will bring good things in my life. I live in Central Ohio, I expect to have my surgery at OSU-Wexner Medical Center. I am 72, not n the typical age but I still,feel,there is time to make this vital change in my life. My years may not be as many left , but I vow to live them fully and in better health. Join me please and we will journey together

You will live a long life! People are living longer and healthier lives like you are about to! Thanks to tools like the baristric surgeries. We will win this!

Thank you- I think I will too. With this surgery I can look forward to sunnier days and a future. Many my age curl up, give up, lay down and die. There is still,spunk and spark in my body and I intend to let it show!