Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG on 4/16/18: My journey

Official 1 week weigh-in:

IMG_1137.JPG

Height: 5’6
BMI: 37
VSG: 4/16/18
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

The dreaded pre-op photos (or close to pre-op). These were taken today.

IMG_1142.JPG

One week post op? You go girl!

For one week-looking pretty good but will be waiting to see the next chapter and picture of your journey😜

LoL I look exactly the same as I did before the surgery, and forgot to take photos before I went in. This is as good as it gets and will have to work for my “before” photo. 🤪🤪🤩

Saying that, I can’t wait to put real “after” photos up. I hope to take photos from all three angles on a monthly basis.

By the way, it’s super awkward to take photos of yourself. LoL

I took photos the day before. It is really hard to look at them. I love looking at other people’s before and after pics and didn’t understand why there aren’t too too many. Now I get it. Even though I know it will change, it makes me sad to see my body like that. I would like to post b&a, hopefully my mindset will change so it helps motivate others.

You look ready to conquer the world, and the scale : )

Sneezing, without warning and with a lot of force, 8 days after VSG...

IMG_1151.JPG

10 hours ago, TexasMommy80 said:

Sneezing, without warning and with a lot of force, 8 days after VSG...

IMG_1151.JPG

Oh no! I have been so scared of doing that exact same thing! Hope you are ok.

I've been feeling really good this week, so it is nice to get back to "somewhat" normal. I decided to try my clinic's Protein in chocolate Mootopia today (protein infused, lactose-free milk). I couldn't handle the taste of the protein in Water, so I thought it would end up as just $50 wasted. To my surprise, the chocolate milk completely erases the protein flavor, woo hoo. Best of all, between the two, one 8oz cup is 42g of protein. Talk about a win!

We went to t-ball again last night and I have noticed that I am struggling with the heat right now. We are usually around 85 degrees this time of year, but yesterday it got up to 93. I did feel a little queezy about halfway through the game, but nothing worrisome. It made me realize that having this over our summer, with 100+ days, would be terrible. Now instead, I will be healed enough to enjoy those healthy summer foods while in the pool. Too bad I can't indulge in a cocktail too, LoL!

I like the Premier Protein shakes. They have 30 grams of Protein per shake. I usually drink 1 1/2 of these per day and eat an Oikos Triple Zero yogurt which has 15 grams of protein. (and I pick up a little protein in the other stuff that I eat/drink.) I have tried some of the tasteless protein in Crystal Light Water and I couldn't tell it was in there.

33 minutes ago, J@Alabama said:

I like the Premier Protein shakes. They have 30 grams of Protein per shake. I usually drink 1 1/2 of these per day and eat an Oikos Triple Zero yogurt which has 15 grams of Protein. (and I pick up a little protein in the other stuff that I eat/drink.) I have tried some of the tasteless protein in Crystal Light Water and I couldn't tell it was in there.

I like the strawberry Premier Protein, but milk products are causing serious stomach issues right now, so I had to put that on hold. I also like the GENEPRO in Crystal Light, but I only count about half of the protein.

Quick update:

Had a good day again but I was really sleepy at 4, when I was done. I work from home so I thought a quick nap wouldn’t hurt. Fast forward an hour when I wake up and I realize that my three year old got bored with dad, and cuddled up with me to sleep. Now, two and a half hours later, she is still asleep.

I won’t be taking a late afternoon nap again...and it’s going to be a late night.

I had my post op appt today and everything was good except my pulse, it was running high, and that can be seen as a sign of dehydration.

I have no other signs and have been drinking 60-70 ounces a day easily, so we are going to monitor for now. I do have a follow up in 4 weeks to see how it is then.

I was down to 213 at my check in, and my doctor was surprised at my fast weight loss. He wants me to stick with one more week of full liquids, but he is going to move me through the puréed a little faster. I will do one week of puréed and then move on to soft food as tolerate.

Other than that, everything is good. On another note, he mentioned that he had a patient recently that tried to eat a brisket plate three days after surgery. I can’t even imagine the pain....

My weight loss definitely slowed down this week, but slow weight loss is better than a gain!

IMG_1240.JPG

And the numbers keep going down on that scale. Good for you Texas Mommy, are you feeling any better?