Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

40+ what is age appropriate clothing to you?

I don't flash my bit's in public at this age lol 50 this year.

Many of you are confident, strut it and careless about how people react to your body and clothing. I'm not sure if I'm having a bit of insecurity about clothing due to weight loss, age or society norm's. I would like to get you take on this...experiences stories?

• What clothing is age appropriate to you?
  • Do you care if things are age appropriate on you or other people?
  • Have you ever been called a cougar, puma or jaguar? To the guys Manther?
  • Is there an age appropriate line for guy's...Turn in the speedo and shorty shorts after 40?

Oh this should be fun! (pppssstttt! Demand piccys of outfits!!!! :D )

popcorneatingemoji.jpg.31951c88c4c1a4b93a27bcec4060fedf.jpg

Def following this...will post on my preferences when I get them organized.

When you youngsters figure this out let me know, I'll just sit here on the sidelines enraptured, of course at 72, you'll probably think my mind's out to lunch anyway. Age appropriate, I'm trying to resist the urge to get one of those tight poodle perms our moms and grannies had[emoji12][emoji70][emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 55 and don't care to bare my skin or other body parts like I did when I was younger. I really don't care about what is in or out of style either. It is all about comfort for me.

I am a casual (not sloppy) dresser and suppose that I always will be.

Tee shirts, tennis shoes and blue jeans are what I prefer to wear.

Oh, I like this one. . . . . I'll start. Full disclosure I am 36.

No matter what age: You can't wear your daughters clothes. Rue 21, it's in the title, if you aren't in your 20s, don't go in. Mini skirts also belong to people in their 20s.

Sweatpants should not have words on the butt. EVER.

We are all different. There are plenty of ways to dress beautifully at any age. It's about being comfortable and expressing who you are without going too far. For references on TOO FAR see www.peopleofwalmart.com

Going to predict that my answer today would be different than my answer at 135 lb LOL

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I always wanted to look like Dina Merrill, suburban country chic, linen pants, lady type blazer -you know the type, Instead diet, heredity and bad luck, I look more like Robert Merrill bouncing around the stage at the Met singing Faust or other Grand Opera!

13 hours ago, Sleeved36 said:

Oh, I like this one. . . . . I'll start. Full disclosure I am 36.

No matter what age: You can't wear your daughters clothes. Rue 21, it's in the title, if you aren't in your 20s, don't go in. Mini skirts also belong to people in their 20s.

Sweatpants should not have words on the butt. EVER.

We are all different. There are plenty of ways to dress beautifully at any age. It's about being comfortable and expressing who you are without going too far. For references on TOO FAR see www.peopleofwalmart.com

I own a pair of jean from forever 21 * laughing:lol:. Found them in a thrift store during weight loss phase. Honestly they have no embellished pockets..Pretty generic jeans - No label except on the inside waistband. I would never leave the house in them if "Forever 21" was displayed.

Workout clothing - I agree please no words on your bum...I wear shorts and compression gear. My comfort come first over age appropriate - I will get a raised eyebrow at the gym until they see I'm there to seriously sweat 2 hours. Compression shirts are tight, short or long sleeves, they wick sweat and I don't get friction burn from running.sweats-words.jpg.17736650f6820e6af257ad2143202c8e.jpg

16 hours ago, frust8 said:

When you youngsters figure this out let me know, I'll just sit here on the sidelines enraptured, of course at 72, you'll probably think my mind's out to lunch anyway. Age appropriate, I'm trying to resist the urge to get one of those tight poodle perms our moms and grannies hademoji12.pngemoji70.pngemoji12.png

Ok I have seen women older than you rocking tight leopard print leggings and pulled it off well. The first photo is what I want to wear. Love her glasses.

8392ebce8b316fb424279ae5ead09f8b.jpg

images.jpg

fb69d75d9f5d7c00b49af0d28da9562b--boho-style-my-style.jpg

1 hour ago, frust8 said:

I always wanted to look like Dina Merrill, suburban country chic, linen pants, lady type blazer -you know the type, Instead diet, heredity and bad luck, I look more like Robert Merrill bouncing around the stage at the Met singing Faust or other Grand Opera!

I looked her up. I like she wears classic lines and colors.

When you youngsters figure this out let me know, I'll just sit here on the sidelines enraptured, of course at 72, you'll probably think my mind's out to lunch anyway. Age appropriate, I'm trying to resist the urge to get one of those tight poodle perms our moms and grannies had[emoji12][emoji70][emoji12]

Resist please !!

15 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

I am 55 and don't care to bare my skin or other body parts like I did when I was younger. I really don't care about what is in or out of style either. It is all about comfort for me.

I am a casual (not sloppy) dresser and suppose that I always will be.

Tee shirts, tennis shoes and blue jeans are what I prefer to wear.

I am also a creature of comfort. Jeans t shirts and workout clothing are my staples of daily life. I love having times to dress up. It brings out my inner girly girl.

My group of ladies started a little black dress night. We bring clothing we no longer wear and donate it to the womens and childrens shelter.

I agree. I'm not a fan of style trends. Everyone looks like a cookie cutter. Same clothing ,hairstyles and handbags.

My Just My Size jeans should say on one pocket "Seriously" and on the other "WideLoad", but just you wait, I'll be in Wranglers, Levis and junior sizes before 2019! I want to go from "Hubba Bubba. Heinie" to "Good God Momma" and I believe I can do it! "Motivation leads to Creation". "They said she Couldn't do it but She Did!" Varoom and hand me a bottle of Muscle Milk, I'm on My Way![emoji13][emoji351][emoji13][emoji779]