Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are fellow March sleevers doing?

I was sleeved/hernia repair on 3/16. I am down 16 lbs as of today and feel good other than being more tired than normal. I am walking at least 30 min a day, sometimes outside when the weather cooperates (it is snowing at the moment). My stomach still seems swollen but I am enjoying many firsts these days. I have lost 41 lbs overall and have been able to get into clothes and shoes that were too tight before. I was going to wear this cute white dress I purchased and had only worn once. My husband giggled when I put it on and told me it looked like I was wearing a huge napkin. I had to agree! My second choice was MUCH better. I have been going up and down 2 lbs for the past week. I am not very good at drinking but I am getting about 50oz water/protein drinks. I am doing great with Protein and am on pureed foods. I have found my stomach can handle everything so far. I still am having issues with Vitamins making me want to vomit, but I was able to stomach the Iron chew last night for the first time, so that was a win too. I have had dreams the surgeon didn't remove enough of my stomach or didn't even do the surgery because eating seems too easy. I am looking forward to the next lbs to start dropping off. I want the new me now! :)

I've hit a stall. I know its my body adjusting. My body shape is changing but the weight is staying the same. I know its Water and am waiting for the woosh. Hitting about 70-80 grams of Protein and my 64oz of water and between 700-900 calories. Just starting soft foods.

Doing ok. Still getting the hang of it all. A few times I didn’t realize my pouch was full until I had taken one too many bites. What a horrible horrible feeling! Also getting the hang of my weight loss sweet spot. I have to eat around 550/600 cals, at least 60 - 80 grams of Protein and around 25 carbs. I stop losing at 700 cals, even if those extra calories come from protein.

I do about 30min of exercise per day and I’ve lost 15 pounds so far.

all in all, very pleased, just getting the hang of it all.

I’m doing well, except for the pain in my left abdomen when I engage my core (even slightly, like rubbing lotion into my leg). Not sure what it is but I suspect the internal stitches are being pulled. The pain seems to go away when I apply pressure to the area or when I’m not using my left hand or bend my body to the left or down. I haven’t had fever and I’m handling liquids well. I’ve been walking a lot, tbh- I’m doing more than I should and thats probably the issue.
If the pain does not get better, I’ll likely go to the ER at some point this weekend.
Anyone else have the same problem??

HW: 420 SW:320 PRE-VSG: 301
CW: 276 GW: 185
Sleeved: 03/26/18

I was sleeved on 3/5 and I'm currently experiencing the infamous 3 week stall since my 3rd week I have been bouncing back and forth between 279&281 I hear its normal so I'm trying not to stress it.Just sticking to my meal plan and about to start working out at the gym tomorrow.

I was sleeved 3/29. I am down 11 lbs.

I am eating about 600 max calories a day getting in about 40 grams of protein.Struggling with enough Water because by the time I drink Protein Shake and then wait to drink water and I am already back at work I run out of time. I am exercising at least 30 minutes everyday by walking.

My stomach was dead glad but now seems bloated.My doc recommends colace but has not worked for me. Any other suggestions?

I am on full liquid with a a little soft like yogurt,oatmeal cottage cheese

35 minutes ago, sjs1967 said:

I was sleeved 3/29. I am down 11 lbs.

I am eating about 600 max calories a day getting in about 40 grams of protein.Struggling with enough Water because by the time I drink Protein Shake and then wait to drink Water and I am already back at work I run out of time. I am exercising at least 30 minutes everyday by walking.

My stomach was dead glad but now seems bloated.My doc recommends colace but has not worked for me. Any other suggestions?

I am on full liquid with a a little soft like yogurt,oatmeal cottage cheese

It looks like we are on the same type diet. You must increase your Protein though. You need it in order to heal. If your body doesn't get enough protein it will leach it from muscle and other areas.

I make a shake that is 53 grams of protein each shake. I drink one when I get up and one before bed. That gives me 106 grams of protein. Other protein that I get during the day is just added bonus.

BTW- I normally take Miralax daily. When I was constipated post op, my Dr told me to take Milk of Magnesia. It will do the job ;)

Edited by Yoyogirl

3 hours ago, Hopeful_GS said:

I’m doing well, except for the pain in my left abdomen when I engage my core (even slightly, like rubbing lotion into my leg). Not sure what it is but I suspect the internal stitches are being pulled. The pain seems to go away when I apply pressure to the area or when I’m not using my left hand or bend my body to the left or down. I haven’t had fever and I’m handling liquids well. I’ve been walking a lot, tbh- I’m doing more than I should and thats probably the issue.
If the pain does not get better, I’ll likely go to the ER at some point this weekend.
Anyone else have the same problem??

CW: 276 GW: 185

I do not have the same thing that you have going on but, I do have a seroma at my right incision where most of the work is done. Very painful. I called the on call surgeon this afternoon just to be safe. You may want to do the same

I weighed in today and have lost 8 pounds since surgery three weeks ago today. The scale says 182 this morning! I will be at my first goal in 32 more pounds! Ideally I would love to see what 115 looks like. I'm only 5'3. I was at 150 lbs a couple of years ago and I looked great, but I decided to Celebrate and let my guard down and all the weight came flying back on...

I do not have the same thing that you have going on but, I do have a seroma at my right incision where most of the work is done. Very painful. I called the on call surgeon this afternoon just to be safe. You may want to do the same

I’m sorry to hear about your Seroma!! I had to google that, sounds very painful.

I’m going to the dr for my 2 week post op on Wednesday, I was planning to talk to him then about the pain. Luckily, the pain is now only present when I bend down or reach high with my left side. So that makes me think that it’s probably just muscle pain- who knows.

I was stalled for a few days but finally lost a pound. Feeling super relived and ready to go on puréed food. I’m seriously craving tuna and roasted broccoli (puréed of course).

I haven’t had anything other than Protein Shakes, sugar free popsicles, sugar free pudding, and fat free yogurt since March 15th!!

CW: 274 GW: 185

7 hours ago, Hopeful_GS said:

I’m sorry to hear about your Seroma!! I had to google that, sounds very painful.

I’m going to the dr for my 2 week post op on Wednesday, I was planning to talk to him then about the pain. Luckily, the pain is now only present when I bend down or reach high with my left side. So that makes me think that it’s probably just muscle pain- who knows.

I was stalled for a few days but finally lost a pound. Feeling super relived and ready to go on puréed food. I’m seriously craving tuna and roasted broccoli (puréed of course).

I haven’t had anything other than Protein Shakes, sugar free popsicles, sugar free pudding, and fat free yogurt since March 15th!!

YES!!! Extremely painful. I have used moist heat all weekend and thank goodness the pain is subsiding!

I had a 4 week Optifast pre op diet and now a 3 week full liquid diet post op. I am starving! Not head hunger but, real hunger. I have to wait until the 18th before I can have real food. No puree stage for me though.

I was sleeved 3/5 down 35 pounds! Feeling great

Today was my 2 week appointment as well! I just had my first puréed food- IT WAS THE MOST DELICIOUS THING I HAVE EVER EATEN!! I mean, I realize I’m biased because I haven’t had anything besides Protein Shakes and yogurt for the past month- but what a magical experience!
2 tbsp’s of Trader Joe’s edamame hummus!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sleeved on 3/7 and have hit 40lbs loss today! I am doing well; still find it hard to get in all the Protein and limit the carbs. I'm not eating Pasta, bread, etc...but carbs sneak into a lot of other foods. I'm NEVER hungry which is so weird to me. I am working toward more activity now that the weather is finally nice outside. My birthday is in a month and I'd love to hit the 50lb mark by then. I do need to stop weighing myself every day. I need to just put the scale away -- I don't know what is keeping me from doing it! Thankful for all the supportive folks here. Best decision I made for myself!