Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had completed my bariatric seminar 2weeks ago, that is required prior to meeting surgeon that is more like an informational session.

Had my first appointment with nutritionist and surgeon today! Had the run down of the entire process. Have my appointment for endoscope for April 13th. Walk in clinics for my labs, ekg and chest xray. Have my psych eval scheduled in April and my fist "medical supervised weight loss appointment" thisFriday.

I'm so excited. Feels kind of surreal. I made a few changes in my life recently knowing this is all for a healthier me. I've started drinking ONLY Water, at least 64oz a day. I've also quit smoking/consuming alcohol.

Origionally I was stressed over the 6months thing but honestly I'm kind of happy I have that time to mentally prepare and make changes.

Hoping for Sept surgical date!20171222_080031.jpg

I also can't wait to havr new comparison photos to show progress!

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

The six months goes so fast....and you're absolutely right that you need those six months to prepare, to learn, to make your changes gradually. Lots of work to do, and six months is just about right:) Great start! Best wishes:)

Congrats! Use the time to your advantage!

Congrats hon I've been in the process since February and I had my first nutritionist visit this week it counted as 2 of 7 I should be done in August. I'm so excited for anyone along this journey.

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

It's both exciting and a litlle frightening but it is quite a ride. Sometimes it's smooth and others like a Wild West Rodeo. But it is really where I want to be, cause the rewards will be the rest of my life, no matter how long that might be.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

You’re the first person I found who’s at the same point in the process as I am! At first the 6 month thing annoyed the hell out of me, but now I’m kind of thankful for it. Gives us lots of time to get accustomed to all the changes we have to make.

Yes!!!! All the small changes will def add up friend! Tomorrow i go to my first nutritionist appt. I was so happy they slid me in! That way it counts for the month of March!!!lol.
Then just a few weeks ill have my endoscopy and 2nd nut appt then all only have 4 months left! So in reality, 6 months isn't too long!

Tomorrow I'll be going to my endoscopy! So nervous!

Don't be nervous. You just take,a,little nap and,when you wake up and,have a little more rest you get dressed and go home. The last time (I've had 2) my throat. wasn't,even sore. It went smooth as silk and I even got a printout with,full color pictures of my gastric system. I thought it was really neat.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm more nervous because i was put under"twilight" for SI Joint injections with Versed and i was awake and remembered it all. I hope they make me get totally knocked out :/

Congrats!!! Time sure flies!

Congrats! The time will go by fast. I started in February and have my tentative surgery date of August 20th. The only thing I have left to do is my endoscopy which is next Friday and my monthly nutritionist visits. Best of luck to you!

Congrats! The time will go by fast. I started in February and have my tentative surgery date of August 20th. The only thing I have left to do is my endoscopy which is next Friday and my monthly nutritionist visits. Best of luck to you!

I just did my endoscopy today! I was so worried but it wasnt bad at all! I woke up from anesthesia laughing my butt off! I hope they give me a tentative date soon! I can't wait for a countdown ticker!

18 minutes ago, williamsk39 said:

I just did my endoscopy today! I was so worried but it wasnt bad at all! I woke up from anesthesia laughing my butt off! I hope they give me a tentative date soon! I can't wait for a countdown ticker!

I'm so glad it went well! I've started to kind of stress about mine, but I'm sure I'll be fine. Here's to hoping for your date soon! Let us know when you get it :)

I'm so glad it went well! I've started to kind of stress about mine, but I'm sure I'll be fine. Here's to hoping for your date soon! Let us know when you get it

I was Super stressed! I'm a nurse and know what they do etc so i tend to freak out pretty bad :) same here let me know how ya do! Im only a month after ya. You doing rny?