Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling regretful, help

Hello everyone, so I am 10 days post op and regretting my decision to no end, had a bout of crying today. The pain in my belly goes and comes and does not tolerate dairy anymore apparently. I can barely sip 15g Protein Water and that’s it as far as getting my protein in. Wish I would have tried Weight Watchers one last time. I keep reading that things get better but I still have to see what My stomach Can and cant take. How is it possible that our system changes so drastically. I thought I would still be able to eat just not as much and that doesn’t seem to be the case. Some things u just can’t eat anymore. Sorry for being a Debbie downer just a bad day I guess.

Did you have the classes before your surgery? Do you have a reference booklet?

I know how you are feeling I have my surgery March 1st and had to be in the hospital for five days. I know it's a struggle but you did this to be a better you and a healthier you. It's definitely a journey but you will get through. Just some adjustments that you, I and everyone else have to go through. You can ask your weight loss office for ways to help you on your journey. I have made Protein Shake popsicles and Crystal light popsicles also just got the Isopure Protein Drink and made popsicles as well it helps for me to get my Protein and liquid intake.

This is normal. You have buyers remorse. You regret the decision you made because you do not feel the instant gratification you thought you would feel. The first few weeks are the hardest. Nothing comes easy and this is the hardest part of the journey you will have.

Honestly, it gets better. A lot better. It just takes time. Your feeling towards food is due to your fear that it will make you sick or that you think eating will make you gain weight. I felt both those emotions. Just know you need to eat, it is essential. Do not fear food. You will only be trading in one extreme for another. The goal is to gain a healthy relationship with food.

I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live. I look at food as what nutrition can I get from it. I make all kinds of recipes of my favorite foods, just low carb and calorie options.

It does get better. It just takes time.

I'm thinking about making zuchinni lasagna. Layer slices with low fat cottage cheese, pour lower calorie marinara sauce over the top in my 9x11 Pyrex casserole. Trying to think of it as a casserole instead of its previous incaration as a flat cake pan Put it in the over at 350 and when it's done yum yum. You could sprinkle mozzarella over the top,the better for you low fat type.[emoji46][emoji44][emoji44]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

15 minutes ago, frust8 said:

I'm thinking about making zuchinni lasagna. Layer slices with low fat cottage cheese, pour lower calorie marinara sauce over the top in my 9x11 Pyrex casserole. Trying to think of it as a casserole instead of its previous incaration as a flat cake pan Put it in the over at 350 and when it's done yum yum. You could sprinkle mozzarella over the top,the better for you low fat type.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

She can't have that yet. It would shred her.

Hi Cher,
You are not Debbie Downer, and please know your post helps me (I’m scheduled for gastric sleeve end of May). I spend a lot of time reading posts from people who have recently had surgery. You are preparing me. I hope it gets better for you quickly! I know you will be glad you did this in the months and years to come. After reading this, I decided to write myself a letter- to my post gastric sleeve self. I’m going to detail my life journey of the weight roller coaster, how I feel when I struggle with losing weight every day of my life, and what it’s like always being the biggest person in the room, unable to do certain things because there is a weight limit, I’m too big, or my joints and back hurt. I’m only 45, but I’ve struggled with my weight for 35 years. Even what should be a simple task of finding an outfit for a wedding or a work function is a depressing huge nightmare of a task. After my surgery, I know I’ll have days and thoughts you are having and I’ll read my letter, and I hope it helps me. Sorry for the long winded post, but please know you are helping others and we support you! Sending good thoughts your way!