Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have Hair loss but I also have Hashimoto’s and ankylosing spondylitis. My dietician says it can continue for a year or so.

I cut all of my hair off after a while. It was coming out in huge clumps. My scalp would be sore from the hair coming out and trying to brush it. At this point, my hair has stopped falling out and it is growing back very strong and healthy.

Mine is just starting at 8 weeks out and isn't too bad yet. It's part of the journey. My surgeon and RD say to get your Protein in - it's the best bet to minimize the loss. But it is temporary!

I was sleeved in October of 17. My hair was coming out bad! I was getting really scared ! About a month ago I started using Nature’s Bounty Hair Skin and Nails Gunmies. It says take two a day but I’m taking more than that... but my hair stopped falling out and is growing back. [emoji3]

I was sleeved in October of 17. My hair was coming out bad! I was getting really scared ! About a month ago I started using Nature’s Bounty hair Skin and Nails Gunmies. It says take two a day but I’m taking more than that... but my hair stopped falling out and is growing back. [emoji3]

Thank you!! That helps a lot!

Sleeved 3/22.. Has anyone experienced temp. hair loss through out their weight loss journey?

I will be 4 months post-op on Thursday.. my hair just recently started falling out in huge clumps.. I have exceeded my Protein intake from day 1 and I take my Multivitamin and biotin.. I just recently read that silica and zinc can help so I just got some of that to try. Hoping it helps me because my hair is to the middle of my back and has always been thick and I’m so depressed over how much hair I have actually lost..

I will be 4 months post-op on Thursday.. my hair just recently started falling out in huge clumps.. I have exceeded my Protein intake from day 1 and I take my Multivitamin and biotin.. I just recently read that silica and zinc can help so I just got some of that to try. Hoping it helps me because my hair is to the middle of my back and has always been thick and I’m so depressed over how much hair I have actually lost..

I feel you and min is noticeably thinner but I tell myself it’s temporary. I wear my hair down or in a scrunchie as often as possible to reduce additional tension alopecia.

Unfortunately for my job, I have to wear it off the collar of my uniform so my hair has to be up all the time :-/

Lex2287 please don't slap me silly cause sometimes I'm silly already but you might have to cut it back to something short like a d.a or pixie. Then as it comes back out normal you grow up it back in.[emoji29] Still it will come back, my girlhood BBF Yvonne ( may she rest in peace) had straight blonde hair, had chemo due to B.C., after Hair loss it came back as red as mine and curly. She made it 4years 9 Mo. before cancer circled back and claimed her. Left her policeman husband, 4 kiddos 6-11 and all us friends to mourn her. Rick has moved up to being Deputy Chief in Columbus Ohio, never remarried, Yvonne would be so proud of the kids and him. But in the dark of the night I still mourn and I'm sure they do too. Sorry, didn't mean to digress, blame it on my age, in your 70s you are midpoint between life and death a lot and sometimes thoughts resurface unexpectedly. [emoji6]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I could never cut my hair that short.. the shortest I would ever be willing to go would be to my shoulders.. I’m sorry to hear about your friend.. cancer sucks. :( I’ve lost several family members to it and I pray someday they find a cure!

I got sleeved in November of 2017. At around 3 months I started getting Hair loss but I also had a very bad near death experience as well. When I woke up in the hospital my mother made the decision to cut my hair to help maintain while I was in the hospital. So I have it shoulder length. I increased my Protein and I use nioxin Hair growth Shampoo and conditioner. And it’s been helping. I used their website to figure out what shampoo and conditioner would be best for me then I bought it off Amazon. And hair loss is natural within the first year but as long as you stay on top of your protein you should be fine. But trust me it’s an emotional roller coaster as well so I understand what you’re going through

I lost a lot of hair, which would often come out in the shower. I’d say, maybe four months in. My hair was substantially thinner.

It started growing out end of December, small tuffs around my face. And my hair is back to normal now, trimmed, healthy and full due to short hair coming in at the roots.

It wasn’t a big deal for me. But everyone might be different and lose differing amounts depending on stress levels and other factors, such as what one manages to eat.

From articles I’ve read Iron helps reduce this. Didn’t work for me. But it may for you. Also prenatal Vitamins and Biotin.

6 hours ago, ancirasd said:

I got sleeved in November of 2017. At around 3 months I started getting hair loss but I also had a very bad near death experience as well. When I woke up in the hospital my mother made the decision to cut my hair to help maintain while I was in the hospital. So I have it shoulder length. I increased my Protein and I use nioxin Hair growth Shampoo and conditioner. And it’s been helping. I used their website to figure out what shampoo and conditioner would be best for me then I bought it off Amazon. And Hair loss is natural within the first year but as long as you stay on top of your Protein you should be fine. But trust me it’s an emotional roller coaster as well so I understand what you’re going through

I was sleeved in November 2017 as well.. I exceed my protein goals every day so protein is not a problem and I take my Vitamins and Biotin everyday and have since 3 months before surgery. Before I went to see my hairdresser about my hair loss, I looked into nioxin and I have both color and chemically treated hair and didn’t see an option for both and she told me about Ultrax Labs Hair Surge and that it is probably the best over the counter hairloss shampoos out there and just needs used on the roots 5 days a week and to add zinc and silica to my diet. So I just ordered all of the above and going to see how they help.