Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People that don't update their profile.

I get that some people may not feel comfortable sharing weight loss or other personal details, but for the love of all that is holy if you are commenting as someone who claims to have had your surgery a year ago your profile should not say "Pre-Op."

NY ---a problem Alex and company haven't fixed, if you access BP from a phone, even a smartphone, instead of by computer/tablet there is no function on the options to update phone-wise, that is why many spell it out on their postings. Hw300 sw280 1st GW 200. 2ndGW 165 etc. I'm sorry but that's the way the old mop flops.[emoji38]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm curious to see up-to-date stats, too, but I understand that the app on the phone doesn't let people update and, generally, it's kind of up to the individual how much they want to share and how often they want to do housekeeping. But I'm pretty easygoing generally!

2 hours ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

I'm curious to see up-to-date stats, too, but I understand that the app on the phone doesn't let people update and, generally, it's kind of up to the individual how much they want to share and how often they want to do housekeeping. But I'm pretty easygoing generally!

I'm not even asking for people to necessarily share more, I would settle for just having pre or post op be correct. People ask questions about things don't specify in their post and wind up getting advice based on the assumption that they are pre-op when they aren't.

4 hours ago, frust8 said:

NY ---a problem Alex and company haven't fixed, if you access BP from a phone, even a smartphone, instead of by computer/tablet there is no function on the options to update phone-wise, that is why many spell it out on their postings. Hw300 sw280 1st GW 200. 2ndGW 165 etc. I'm sorry but that's the way the old mop flops.

I guess that makes sense. I'm not a fan of the mobile app so I didn't realize that.

OMG! Sing it my brothah!!!! Sing it loud! One of my personal pet peeves. At the very least get your butt in and do a signature with information in it and maybe a ticker too. Like the rest of us schmoes.

Fine

I updated my profile. Happy?

SW: 261
Pre-Op: 250
CW: 229
GW: 135-140 range

On 3/27/2018 at 3:07 PM, Roxine said:

Fine

I updated my profile. Happy?

SW: 261
Pre-Op: 250
CW: 229
GW: 135-140 range

Yes! Thank you! (Now go tell all the other schmoes to do it too, just like the rest of us schmoes here! ;) bahahahahaha)

And if anyone wants to know mine are High Weight 355, --current weight323 and stuck --surgical date: in the hands of the Bariatric Gods and my surgeon. I'm stuck at my "fat set point" until liquid diet days and surgery. But I'm still in it to win it!

Been trying to track on My Fitness Pal, averaging 900-1000 calories so until I up my exercise level, walk more since I don't have a gym membership I'm stuck somewhere on an Andean desert plateau[emoji88] or something similar. I'm not giving up emotionally, still want to keep moving ahead[emoji590][emoji106] but my body says [emoji107]"Meh". And there I be, a perpetually Pre-Op![emoji30]

I get that some people may not feel comfortable sharing weight loss or other personal details, but for the love of all that is holy if you are commenting as someone who claims to have had your surgery a year ago your profile should not say "Pre-Op."

I tried to create a profile and thought once again I am the special ed old person that can’t figure out this app. Glad I read your rant, because I now know I need to set it up on my computer. Later for sure.

I am pre-op 5’5 47yo female highest weight 223lbs current weight 220. Goal weight 140ish? I just want to feel better. Packed on the weight after I quit smoking in 2013. Ironically I think I could breath better when I was thinner and smoked.

I am a veteran and the VA does not cover the sleeve. I got care credit for the surgery and used my tax return for the labs and studies the VA would not cover. If I had not done this on my own I would not have found out that I have a hiatal hernia and sleep apnea. The VA is at least going to provide the CPAP machine after I provided them with the sleep study records. I won’t get a surgery date until I get the CPAP machine from the VA on the 20th. When I complained about symptoms related to the hernia a year and a half ago my VA Dr. told me to lose weight.

My surgeon is going to fix the hernia at the same time as my sleeve. All I know for sure is that my surgery will be on a Monday because I am doing it at the surgical center instead of the hospital.

Reading the posts here has relieved some of my anxiety and answered a lot of questions (some I didn’t even know I had). So, thank you to all who have shared their experiences.

Okayestmom Hi there. I can sympathize with many of your trials. Oh the hoops we jump through, the tests we have, but you know the final result will be worth it. Will,you be a sleeve or a bypass? My bariatric hospital says they do more bypasses, can't prove it by me,seems like a lot more sleevers on BP. Maybe we Bypassers, cause that's going to be mine when time comes, are less vocal? Anyway we love each other, our innards may get arranged differently but we are all recruits in the Weight Loss Wars and we visit back and forth a lot.[emoji14] I have apnea, GERD, arthritis since 25, hiatal hernia, crankey level COPD, 2 knee replacements. strawberry Blonde hair, 5ft8in, 323lb that gives me a BMI of 47 and I'm 72 loud, proud years old. Yes a,little older than the average but I'm in it to win it as we all are. Located in Central Ohio and having my surgery in Columbus. When? Danged if I know, maybe May? In the meantime I'm the Welcome Wagon, self appointed, I love to met new friends here. Hang around with us a while, we are very nice folk[emoji14][emoji626][emoji13]

15 hours ago, frust8 said:

And if anyone wants to know mine are High Weight 355, --current weight323 and stuck --surgical date: in the hands of the Bariatric Gods and my surgeon. I'm stuck at my "fat set point" until liquid diet days and surgery. But I'm still in it to win it!

Been trying to track on My Fitness Pal, averaging 900-1000 calories so until I up my exercise level, walk more since I don't have a gym membership I'm stuck somewhere on an Andean desert plateau[emoji88] or something similar. I'm not giving up emotionally, still want to keep moving ahead[emoji590][emoji106] but my body says [emoji107]"Meh". And there I be, a perpetually Pre-Op![emoji30]

Just wondering how long you've been stalled? I ask because I was--post-surgically--stalled for a month or more. In my experience, it happens even when one is consuming relatively few calories and pretty much no matter what else one does or doesn't do. Stalls happen, and then they stop, and you lose again. All part of the process.

Recent Events-I was 217 at my initial appointment in February, I did some celebration eating...As I learned more about the process and filled out the 5 million psychiatric questionnaires at my last appointment I realized I needed to get my stuff together or this surgery isn't going to help me. I work at a school and lost 20lbs over the summer with a personal trainer twice a week. I gained it all back plus some after school started.

When the weight gain started getting serious is when my husband got COPD (along with many other desert storm vets). I quit smoking before him to encourage him to quit. He also has a tumor on his adrenal gland and has to eat a lot to maintain his weight (the only time I saw him thinner is when he returned from desert storm). Then my Mom died. My daughter went off to college, my oldest son got commissioned after college ROTC (he stayed at home and went to school while serving in the Texas Guard). He is a 1LT serving in Iraq right now. He is stationed at Fort Hood which is close to our home so he should be back in a couple of months. My youngest son is in his JR year of high school, but got ahead by earning lots of high school credits in middle school. He plans on completing his remaining 2.5 credits at an online high school so he can start college in the fall (community college at first so he will still be at home).

One advantage of paying out of pocket is that I don't have to have insurance approval, so I am confident the surgery will happen. Since I work for a non-profit they only cover half of the insurance cost for employees and the VA costs me $0 per month. I already pay close to $300 per month for my youngest son to have the worst *** insurance available (there was a cheaper option, but no providers in my area accept the insurance). I won't lose the house if he has to go to the hospital, but he is only covered to go to the Dr. twice a year with a $40 co-pay. Then it is out of pocket until we reach the $7000 deductible. I think I would save money just having catastrophic and paying for individual appointments. I say that to say, yes I complain about the VA a bit, but the available health plans in my area suck even worse and you have to pay for the privilege of waiting for the "health plan" to approve treatments instead of just doing what you and your Doctor think is right.

Thaks for reminding me, this morning I woke up with a little more hope in my[emoji173], maybe I'm too impatient, maybe I'm a slow loser like my Bariatric Friend Forever Fluffy Chix, hey saw one of her postings today and she's starting to get some GOOD results. So happy for her. Been about a month now, but in that month I've been battling the sinusitis from Hades. I am on my 4th different antibiotic, yesterday I had to go to my local hospital also known as the "band aid station" to the Columbus hospitals, one of which I'll have my future surgery at. Anyway I had to have sinus X-rays, something even they couldn't mess up too bad.Gosh they put my poor head in the weirdest contortions. One was my head back and my neck,hyperextented, I asked them,"Are you sure nobody's going to come in and put an endothracheal tube down my throat? Because that's roughly the same position they put someone in for surgery. Also told them to show a little mercy for my 72 year-old spine and body! They are not quite as flexible as they once were! I know I act younger, I call it suffering from Peter Pan Syndrome," I never grew up" in some of my emotional dealings.

But I think it does give me a sunny bouncy attitude in life, except my sunny is having trouble showing with a perpetual Headache. Been closer to a month and a half now and perhaps my body is using my losing weight energy on that instead. Oh I am going to get there, I checked my current eating on My Fitness Pal and I'm averaging 900-1000 calorie, gave up breads and their evil cousins- pasteries, rice etc. About the only Cereal grain I'm eating is oats in my AM oatmeal, only potato family is sweet potatoes, gave up butter and brown sugar on them eons ago. Just nuke them in the microwave, split them open and eat them. And I've been stuck in this lull about as long as all this. When I see the surgeon maybe I can tell him "see I need surgery because it isn't going away on its own" Ohio doesn't seem to get on the Better Weather Train this month. If it gets up to 60-70, the next day it snows. I want spring and I want it abundantly and vibrantly WARM. [emoji106][emoji13]

Will someone please show me where to go to update my weight? It used to be the side bar thing ("together we have lost X lbs") but I don't see it anymore and for the life of me, I cannot find the place to adjust it in my profile!

Just now, jessgnc said:

Will someone please show me where to go to update my weight? It used to be the side bar thing ("together we have lost X lbs") but I don't see it anymore and for the life of me, I cannot find the place to adjust it in my profile!

Ugh, nevermind. I clicked to a different page and it magically reappeared. This was after trying to find it on 3 different browsers and multiple pages.