Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! How long before you were comfortable to sleep on your side? I am 4 days post op.

For me it was on the 9th day that I could finally sleep reasonable comfortably on my side. It is tough going through this kind of surgery and being a side sleep. I too am a side sleeper so I feel ya.

I was comfortable sleeping on my side around day 10. Some people can do it earlier.

Around 10 days for me - I bought some king-sized pillows and wedged them on either side of me to keep me on my back that first week and a half, otherwise I'd wake in the middle of the night as I tried to roll to my side or stomach in my sleep. OUCH.

I was able to about one week out. I wedged a big pillow under/next to my stomach, it took the pressure off of my incisions it seemed.

They let me sleep on my side in hospital. I didnt have any drains or anything. As long as I was comfortable they didnt care how I slept. Now of course since Ive lost a ton of weight sleeping on my side is uncomfortable without my fat cushioning my ribcage.

Hey my Maryland peeps where y'all having or had y'alls surgery I'm doing gbmc with Dr friesen I'm so up for meeting up and going for walks or hikes or the like once it's warmer

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello! How long before you were comfortable to sleep on your side? I am 4 days post op.

In the hospital the night after my surgery. At first I slept with a pillow or folded blanket against my stomach.

They let me sleep on my side in hospital. I didnt have any drains or anything. As long as I was comfortable they didnt care how I slept. Now of course since Ive lost a ton of weight sleeping on my side is uncomfortable without my fat cushioning my ribcage.

I’m 90 lbs down and my hip kills and so do the inside of my knees where they hit each other. I think my hip got bursitis. Not fun but I’ll take it!

Within a week. Try sleeping on your side with a pillow under your gut, that helped me a lot.

I recommend a body pillow, they are cuddly, you can lie sore parts there, put your upper leg on top,so your knees don't rub together. I think they are so worth the price, Wal-Mart has them, if W does chances are strong Target, Kohls or Meijer will also. Not necessarily[emoji49] shilling for W,[emoji33] I worked there 11+ years, like many divorced couples, we may remain friends but we are both happier this way.[emoji12][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app