Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April surgery buddies

Just got my surgery date today...April 30th is the big day.

Have you started the liquid diet yet? I started today because I have a 2 week liquid diet.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, DesertGirl said:

Have you started the liquid diet yet? I started today because I have a 2 week liquid diet.

I started today and I’m freakinf hungry. I’ve had a sugar free pudding and I’m halfway through my first protein2o

My insurance approval letter came today. Apparently my surgery is going to be outpatient!

Lucky!

My surgery was April 10th! Would love to be connected with anyone else!!! Feel free to message. Good luck everyone!

We share the same surgery date!! I am literally going crazy wanting food. Do u crave any food?

We share the same surgery date!! I am literally going crazy wanting food. Do u crave any food?

Oh yes!!! These commercials on TV don't make temptation any better either!!! How are you feeling?!

Oh yes!!! These commercials on TV don't make temptation any better either!!! How are you feeling?!

I am feeling better the large incision is the only thing really bothering me. I got some Flintstone children’s Vitamins because I was so weak. My daughter had the sleeve done 3 weeks prior to mine. She’s been getting me through this horrible stage. Yes commercials don’t make things easier.

Best wishes to both your daughter and you. I hope you keep on healing and the pathway to good health smooths out a little for you. 👍😝

I'm having some serious issues with Protein Shakes and powders. At first I thought it was just the taste until they started to make me nauseous and irritate my pouch. I do not want to vomit. I'm allowed pureed foods, no solids. I have no idea how I'm gonna compensate for my Protein. Is anyone else having this issue...or have any suggestions.

Show someone a little kindness each day~Miss Tee

I finally found something that I can tolerate. Have you tried Isopure Zero Carb protein waters? They carry them at GNC and they’re a clear liquid, not milky or chalky. I got the blue raspberry and have been adding some crystal light lemonade powder to them which makes it even better. They’re expensive, but at 40 grams of protein per bottle, they’ve been a huge help.

I spoke with someone today. They told me to get the unflavored powder and sprinkle it in my egg white, yogurt, or applesauce. I'll try it tomorrow. Each day, a different issue, lol. Today its all about the sharp shooting pain near main incision. Feels like a lump above the incision. I went to work today and realize, I need another week at home.[emoji5]

I spoke with someone today. They told me to get the unflavored powder and sprinkle it in my egg white, yogurt, or applesauce. I'll try it tomorrow. Each day, a different issue, lol. Today its all about the sharp shooting pain near main incision. Feels like a lump above the incision. I went to work today and realize, I need another week at home.[emoji5]

Miss tee how long were you out? I was going back after a week but a little worried as I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts . Was only going to stay out a week

Miss tee how long were you out? I was going back after a week but a little worried as I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts . Was only going to stay out a week

I've been wondering about this too as I do med/surg...

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

12 minutes ago, psychnurse1 said:

I stayed out 2 weeks. Some days I'm behind my desk all day and others I'm doing QT control in a gigantic warehouse. I love my job but I felt so out of place my first day back. I expected it, but not like.

15 minutes ago, debbie89 said:

I've been wondering about this too as I do med/surg...

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

To be honest about 3 hours into work, it felt like 6 hours. My energy dropped, sitting at my desk became uncomfortable, it was hard to focus, and then you begin to look tired. All my co-workers know about my surgery. They know about how upbeat I am and they were like, you should go home.